Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    This just came to me. Maybe since you are so worried about money you should hope she gets kicked out. Then the lawyers would be lining up to take your case against the hospital, which you would surely win and then you'd have millions. Course she would probably have to die to make it worthwhile.

So now what's more important? You better say your wife.

This is the most outage thing you can say to anyone who is suffering. I did not want to post any more but could not let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by greathome
    Woof,

I am sure you have excellent health coverage and hope you’ll never fall under. People work for small companies do not enjoy the protection and benefit you mentioned. As I wrote the one about to Toolkit, there are so many working poor in this country living from paycheck to paycheck. Health care in this country is not for everyone but kind of luxury who can afford it.

Quote from woof “Tell the kid the situation or give him then engine back.
    And lastly, sell your treo. It doesn't sound like you can afford it anyway.”

If you were that kid, would you just take the engine back? I am sure the $1000 clown mentioned is not only for the engine but also for labor. I am sure he can sale everything he owns, better yet run away from the trouble, so he would not be in this situation. But Clown stands by his wife and family; ask for a little help so he can continue to care for his wife and daughter not losing everything he has to debt and medical bills.

Sorry if this seems harsh, it's not meant to be. I feel for your wife and hope she is better. She won't be denied medical care. Good luck.
    from woof.

I don’t know Clown personally, just read his early posts in happy times and resent hardship. I fell his pain so I did start a thread asking people to help out this fellow. Clown didn’t know about it. Sorry Clown if I’ve made it more difficult for you.

Hope everyone here wants to know if he is a scam or not, would take some time to investigate his situation. If he is in deed needed short-term help, why not extend you hand to this fellow, a little help will go a long way.

I used to feel warmly about this community and think people would be willing to help out a fellow member in hard time. Sadly, this is not the case. Clown, I will keep in touch with you through email and hope the best for your family.

Why are you sure I have excellent health coverage? What did I say to give that impression. I am self employed and dont have employer paid medical so why do you think it's great?

Now will you send me $100?

As to the kid owed $1000 I'd tell him to stuff it for the time being. What's he gonna do? And what could he do that would be more inportant than my sick wife in the hospital?

Sent that $100 yet?

He said he has a credit card bill of $125. That means he has a credit card. Pay the cobra with that.

The bill for my daughter is going to be hundreds of thousands. You'd better make it $200.

Here I'll make it easy for you. Just click on my avatar.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Off course it is not allowed, but luckily the automatic filter filters it out.
    For now I'm letting it slide as long as it doesnt happen again...
    Whew lucky for automatic filters. What about the intent. Been lots of people warned for intent before.

(Tool I am not being serious ok)
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    This is the most outage thing you can say to anyone who is suffering. I did not want to post any more but could not let it go.
    Well you are obviously one who needs the help of smilies to recognize sarcasm.

Sent my $200 yet?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    look at her and tell me you wouldnt do everything in your power to help her....all im doing is asking my friends to help no need to jump down my back for it
    Clownracer: there are a lot of people who are doing what they can (wishing good thoughts and praying to God for you and your family) and wish you the best. Due to the fact that there are TONS of different scams being run on people who care very much for their fellow man/woman, you can understand why there might be some doubt raised about your situation. I personally am not offended in any way for you to ask for any donations to help your situation. I hope others arent offended either, if you dont feel like it would be right for you to donate, then dont. No one is checking. Remember God loves a cheerful giver.

I continually check this thread not to see us argue over the legitimacy of asking for money but rather on the progress of your family's medical condition. Please keep the updates coming (and I as well as others will keep the prayers coming.)
    Why are you sure I have excellent health coverage? What did I say to give that impression. I am self employed and dont have employer paid medical so why do you think it's great?

Now will you send me $100?

As to the kid owed $1000 I'd tell him to stuff it for the time being. What's he gonna do? And what could he do that would be more inportant than my sick wife in the hospital?

Sent that $100 yet?

He said he has a credit card bill of $125. That means he has a credit card. Pay the cobra with that.

The bill for my daughter is going to be hundreds of thousands. You'd better make it $200.

Here I'll make it easy for you. Just click on my avatar.
    You are the meanest person I have encounter so far. My donation is on the way to Clown. On the other hand, I have no sympathy for you, but do wish you well.
    Okay everyone clam it...this thread is being jacked..you guys want to argue take it to PM, because im sure this thread will be closed, and well this rare for me...but I want to see what clownracer reports aboot his wifey

EDIT: I have been saying this for a rainy day, and well a picture says a thousand words :

[image removed by MarkEagle]
    Clown,
    Best of luck to you and your fam. Unfortunately, it is the hard times that makes us realize what really is important in life. During the good times, we are just to prideful. If you are religious, count your blessings to keep your spirits up and rely on your faith to pull thru this. Also, if you are religious, I would recommend that you consult with your religious leaders for help (if you haven't already done so). They can then make an appeal on your part to the congregation (people who probably already know you better than we do), and in my experiences, most if not all will be willing to help, especially via non-financial methods...ie babysitting, counseling, dinners (food), etc. I've even seen doctors donate pro bono services. (I'm not trying to preach, but if you aren't religious, maybe this may be a good time to become religious.)

On a lighter note, in reading this thread, don't get more discouraged...just remember, we TreoCentralians will quarrel over just about anything.
    (Tool I am not being serious ok)
    No, it's not ok. It would be better to keep your non-serious comments to yourself, given the original context of this thread.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    You are the meanest person I have encounter so far. My donation is on the way to Clown. On the other hand, I have no sympathy for you, but do wish you well.
    I'm the meanest. LOL You dont get out much.

I wished him well and still do. I hope his wife has a full and speedy recovery.
    If telling him to focus on his wife and not worry about money is mean then I guess you got me.

You don'y have any sympathy for me? A helpless 2month old in ICU and you have no sympathy? Who's mean?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    No, it's not ok. It would be better to keep your non-serious comments to yourself, given the original context of this thread.
    Ok now I am serious.

And I am going to send you a pm because if I publically post what I am going to say you'll ban me.

EDIT
    I changed my mind. You ban me fine.

I was not being serious about the namecalling charge because of the context of the thread. I can cut the guy slack, he's under a lot of stress. Which has been the whole point of my posts here. Don't worry about the unimportant stuff like the damn hospital bill, focus on your wife.

Why do you need to come along and pull one little line out of context and "moderate"? What did it accomplish? Now we have to assume that it is against the rules to throw a little humor into an otherwise bleak situation? So much for laughter being the best medicine.
    Last edited by Woof; 06/07/2005 at 12:42 PM.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Ok now I am serious.

And I am going to send you a pm because if I publically post what I am going to say you'll ban me.

EDIT
    I changed my mind. You ban me fine.

I was not being serious about the namecalling charge because of the context of the thread. I can cut the guy slack, he's under a lot of stress. Which has been the whole point of my posts here. Don't worry about the unimportant stuff like the damn hospital bill, focus on your wife.

Why do you need to come along and pull one little line out of context and "moderate"? What did it accomplish? Now we have to assume that it is against the rules to throw a little humor into an otherwise bleak situation? So much for laughter being the best medicine.
    Poor clownracer. In his time of need he comes online here and spills his life. Some support we all gave him. We hijacked his thread and turned it into a "my life is harder than your life" thread. Sheesh. Lets just get back on topic.

Woof, you have had some hard times and you are keeping your chin up and moving forward. GOOD FOR YOU. I hope things continue to get better for your newborn. Please, just take it a step down, take a deep breath and back off. Its not worth it. You have more important things to do. If you don't believe or don't agree with Clownracer, you gave your advice. Don't continue. I don't want you banned.

Clown, how is she doing?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Poor clownracer. In his time of need he comes online here and spills his life. Some support we all gave him. We hijacked his thread and turned it into a "my life is harder than your life" thread. Sheesh. Lets just get back on topic.

Woof, you have had some hard times and you are keeping your chin up and moving forward. GOOD FOR YOU. I hope things continue to get better for your newborn. Please, just take it a step down, take a deep breath and back off. Its not worth it. You have more important things to do. If you don't believe or don't agree with Clownracer, you gave your advice. Don't continue. I don't want you banned.

Clown, how is she doing?

Thanks Otter. I appreciate your comments.

Hey clownracer, how about the hospital and your wifes name? Maybe if we sent some flowers or balloons it might cheer her up.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    EDIT: I have been saying this for a rainy day, and well a picture says a thousand words :
    Yowsa,people must be a lot less sensitive in the Great White North. That picture will not be taken kindly by many people. That was kinda unlike you to do that.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    As a person with a special needs child, I was thinking the same thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Okay everyone clam it...this thread is being jacked..you guys want to argue take it to PM, because im sure this thread will be closed, and well this rare for me...but I want to see what clownracer reports aboot his wifey

[image removed by MarkEagle]
    Although i appreciated the humor of your post, I thought it was a tad over the top.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    yeah that was my bad...i debated whether posting it or not...well no i now for the future eh

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to add this earlier...clownracer you're really young to be married...i mean you and I are the same age....wait a second... But look i am glad your daughter is taking it well...and its sweet that she wants to see her...but um...do you allow her....the stress on both her and your wife would be a lot (imo of course)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Considering I reported this thread once, asking it to be closed, maybe I will do it again publically. Is there a need for this to go on?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    we feel for you, clownracer. we wish only the best for you and your family. its a shame things have to take such turns in these threads.
    I gotta have more cowbell
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast