Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hello Clownracer, I came to TC just to see how your wife is doing, I hope her progress continues!

Take care
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Wish your family goodluck and speedy recovery for your wife
  3.    #43  
    Kayon is probally getting moved out of ICU tommorow she is the most stable patiant in here she got a three line catheder put in her shoulder today(because of swelling the docters are having a hard time drawing blood) that hasn't stopped bleeding yet so I am alittle worried anbout that she did finally get some real sleep today/tonight so that's a big plus she also ate(alittle) the only thing I'm alittle concernd about is that she is very spacy and doesn't seem to really know what's going on but I hope that goes away after tonight anyway everything is getting alittle better you all prob won't get an update untill fri as I am not going to the hospital tommorow(no ride)
    well the bone marrorw tests came back negitive for MAS thank GOD for small favors now it seems like there leaning towards lupus does anyone know anything about this? I know it is non cureable but treatable? any questions I should ask the doctors? also they are going to be giving her phelotoxin does anyone have any idea what that does,is? again me and Kayon thank each of you from the bottom of our hearts for all the love and support you guys/girls have givin us
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    Kayon is probally getting moved out of ICU tommorow she is the most stable patiant in here she got a three line catheder put in her shoulder today(because of swelling the docters are having a hard time drawing blood) that hasn't stopped bleeding yet so I am alittle worried anbout that she did finally get some real sleep today/tonight so that's a big plus she also ate(alittle) the only thing I'm alittle concernd about is that she is very spacy and doesn't seem to really know what's going on but I hope that goes away after tonight anyway everything is getting alittle better you all prob won't get an update untill fri as I am not going to the hospital tommorow(no ride)
    well the bone marrorw tests came back negitive for MAS thank GOD for small favors now it seems like there leaning towards lupus does anyone know anything about this? I know it is non cureable but treatable? any questions I should ask the doctors? also they are going to be giving her phelotoxin does anyone have any idea what that does,is? again me and Kayon thank each of you from the bottom of our hearts for all the love and support you guys/girls have givin us

My guess was Lupus! My fiance has advanced Lupus and is involved in several online boards, etc. There are many side effects of this disease and it affects each person differently. Most common is Light sensitivity. People with Lupus need to minimize exposure to UV (sunlight). Hats, sunscreen are the norm when they do go out. Some people just have enflamed and very sore joints and others have other issues such as lung, heart, kidney, or liver problems.

My fiance mostly suffers from extreme joint pain. She takes a lot of medication for many of the side effects that occurred before they diagnosed her. Please PM me with an email address and I can get you in touch with her and with good documentation to read up on.

Good luck and keep in touch!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    My wife as diagnosed with lupus 3 years ago, though not systemic at this point. She has also done a significant amount of reading and research - I'll have her post additional information a little later in the day.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with Kayon, you and your family.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    A good website to check out for more info. on lupus is www.lupus.org
    This is the website for the Lupus Foundation of America. Hope this helps. Our prayers are with you.
    Glad to hear the wife may be moved from the ICU! Keep us posted.

Thanks,

M.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Man I feel for you, We'll pray for you and your wife.
    Good morning Racer, how is your wife doing?

how is your daughter holding up...how old is she?
  12.    #52  
    sorry for the delay in updates I have had NO time for myself well here's what has happend over the last couple of days Kayon was moved from icu to a sort of icu holding tank people who are to stable to be in icu but still need extra care. I personally think she still needs to be in icu but.... also her organs are doing ok I guess but in the last three days she has had four blood transfusions and two platelet(sp) transplants. mentally she is not doing well at all she doesn't know what's going on....where she is....or who I am for example I was there sat night she was hungry so I started feeding e an apple...she would take one bite and store the food in her cheek(like a hampster)so I told her to swallow before I gave her anymore she started screaming and threw a cup at me more to come in 5 min.....
    clownracer, have strength. Try to take it one day at a time. Prayers help.

Keep us posted.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  14.    #54  
    so basicly the doctors say its cause of her meds but I think they don't really know what's going on.

no for how Najue,and I are doing Najue is 9 going on 20 she a little trooper and is doing ok I have told her pretty much what's going on and am keeping her up too speed, her uncle came down over the weekend to watch her and she liked that, she basicly just wants to see her mommy as far as me I'm a wreck you all know how Kayon has affected me emotinoly but financially its a whole other story she handled ALL the bills so as I've been reading the mail I've realised just how ****ed out fam is....rent by the grace of god I got my sprint rebate back and I was 150$ short for rent so I just made it this month the electric is going to be shut off soon as I owe 325$ and am flat broke the cc bill came in that's another 125$ I need 502$ or there going to kick kayon out of the hospital because of no health insurance(502$ will reinstate it under some cobra act)i have been making payments to this kid for an engine for the car I bought kayon...he is getting mad I owe him 1000$ right now every time I am home I want to die and everytime I'm at the hospital I want to cry it sucks being broke with no support from fam I'm being so serious when I say this if anyone wants to donate/loan me money hit me with a PM because I don't know what I am going to do if I can't renew this heathcare....i will try to keep you guys posted on a semi reg period thanks for all the support guys
    Clown,

I don't post too much, but do read the post a lot. Sorry to hear your family problem, hope your wife gets better soon. Don't feel personal when she does something not nice to you. It's not her, it's the medicine.
    I am donating $100 to help. Hope other people will do the same to help a friend in hard time.

Good luck.

P.S. If you can send me your address to greathomecentral at yahoo dot com, I will send you a check in stead of Paypal, they charge you a fee for accepting money. I guess now every penny counts, without paypal you will have all the money people send to you.

so basicly the doctors say its cause of her meds but I think they don't really know what's going on.

no for how Najue,and I are doing Najue is 9 going on 20 she a little trooper and is doing ok I have told her pretty much what's going on and am keeping her up too speed, her uncle came down over the weekend to watch her and she liked that, she basicly just wants to see her mommy as far as me I'm a wreck you all know how Kayon has affected me emotinoly but financially its a whole other story she handled ALL the bills so as I've been reading the mail I've realised just how ****ed out fam is....rent by the grace of god I got my sprint rebate back and I was 150$ short for rent so I just made it this month the electric is going to be shut off soon as I owe 325$ and am flat broke the cc bill came in that's another 125$ I need 502$ or there going to kick kayon out of the hospital because of no health insurance(502$ will reinstate it under some cobra act)i have been making payments to this kid for an engine for the car I bought kayon...he is getting mad I owe him 1000$ right now every time I am home I want to die and everytime I'm at the hospital I want to cry it sucks being broke with no support from fam I'm being so serious when I say this if anyone wants to donate/loan me money hit me with a PM because I don't know what I am going to do if I can't renew this heathcare....i will try to keep you guys posted on a semi reg period thanks for all the support guys

Gosh, I hope things start turning for you...SOON. I sent you all the lupus information via email, and we also know a bit about COBRA, as well. You really have to keep on top of them.

HOWEVER, I don't know where your wife worked, but she CANNOT be fired for health reasons. She can be put on disability and you would be eligible for workman's comp. You have a case against her ex-employer and I would advise seeking legal counsel immediately. There are plenty of lawyers who won't require payment unless you win. Considering the case, the employer could also be responsible for legal fees if you can show they illegally fired her.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  17.    #57  
    first let me say thanks to great and otter otter ive discussed this with a lawer the problem is there claiming she quit because noone called them for 3 days in a row that she was supposed to work(wich is bull **** they knew she was sick and when they claimed i didnt call its because thats when she was first admitted i wasnt sure she was even going to make it that first night and im supposed to think to call them?)anyway noone hopes more then me that things turn soon i really dont know how much more i can take.....i mean not that im using it as an excuse but im only 24 my friends are getting drunk and throwing up on there girl friends im working 2 jobs to hold down my fam, i guess those are the choices we make.....
    Your family is in my prayers. Stay strong.
    First let me say I hope your wife is better soon.

Second, the rest of this post may cause me to get flamed in a big way but clownracer has said some things that made my eyebrows go up. I am in the insurance business and health insurance is one of the markets I sell in.

I am not accusing clownracer of anything deceiptful. I just want to point out somethings that aren't entirely correctand some things that just amazed me.

Again this will probably get me flamed but red flags always go up when people come right out and ask for money.

<snip>
    she handled ALL the bills so as I've been reading the mail I've realised just how ****ed out fam is....rent by the grace of god I got my sprint rebate back and I was 150$ short for rent so I just made it this month the electric is going to be shut off soon as I owe 325$ and am flat broke the cc bill came in that's another 125$
    Ok first, you said in the "what do you do" thread that you were a mechanic in a Ferrari/Alpha shop. Since that is a shop for high end cars, I wouldn't think it would be a dumpy hole in the wall kind of place. Could you not ask your boss for a loan? Or have you quit already to become a loan officer?

And why bother paying the credit card if health insurance is more important?

I need 502$ or there going to kick kayon out of the hospital because of no health insurance(502$ will reinstate it under some cobra act)
    This is complete and utter BS. One hospitals don't bill until after you check out, so they won't know your insurance is no more until the insurance company says you don't have coverage. Hospitals cannot kick you out if your coverage lapses.
    Under Cobra you have 60 days to start it. If it hasn't been that long, well you get the idea.

i have been making payments to this kid for an engine for the car I bought kayon...he is getting mad I owe him 1000$ right now every time I am home I want to die and everytime I'm at the hospital I want to cry it sucks being broke with no support from fam I'm being so serious when I say this if anyone wants to donate/loan me money hit me with a PM because I don't know what I am going to do if I can't renew this heathcare....i will try to keep you guys posted on a semi reg period thanks for all the support
    guys
    Tell the kid the situation or give him then engine back.

And lastly, sell your treo. It doesn't sound like you can afford it anyway.

Sorry if this seems harsh, it's not meant to be. I feel for your wife and hope she is better. She won't be denied medical care. Good luck.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20.    #60  
    hey woof **** you you know how scummy i feel asking for money i cannot ask my boss for money our shop has just started making a profit after the winter i honestly dont make as much as everyone thinks mechanics make.... 14$ an hour most would say to get another job but as i dont have a liscense it makes it kind of hard....as far as cobra goes i didnt know that cant kick her out but you know what whos paying her hospital bills right now?....noone not insurance not me, when i get a bill for thousands of dollars because her insurance lapses its not going to be fun but anyway anyone who has any doubt in there mind pm me i would give you the hospital name, room#, floor woof its early mabye i will edit this post is i wake up alittle and am not as offended
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast