Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Yeah just read his posts and they are a bit too much of "theater". One of his posts reads like sermon of fear.

Pee Wee Herman...once busted in a theatre...

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    And which post would that be? The first was nothing but facts....so if that was so..then facts that don't support your viewpoint are theater? The second was a short opinion and the third was a short saying....much too short to be considered a "sermon". So I can only guess you think that the first post was the "theater".

Ok...so you can support badmouthing of the Catholic church but when the correct FACTS are stated, then it's a theater? That's open-minded
    Rico it is this one:
    It has long been said Satan's greatest achievement was convincing the world he didn't exist. Once that was accomplished, he could blaspheme all the more with his mockery of the sacrifice of blood and the piercing of the womb with the same pitchfork pitch he hissed to Eve. Because of the lust for power and lust, he has been successful in pruning the world of the innocent lives of the unborn and the raping the souls of so many pro-aborts.
    What a load crap Rico! Where in the world do get off saying the church had to defend itself?

Jeez!!! "The church had to defend itself" WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!!!
    Which of the facts were wrong then? Please explain....The Church did not care which system was correct...they didn't mind the theory that the Sun was the center of the universe. As the first book that was published. However Galileo knew his theory was an actual fact which is was not....remember he was wrong about a few aspects...the simplest "non-scientific" example was that the planets revolved around the sun in perfect circles. Galileo was pretty much in the mind-frame of "if you're not with my theory then you are against it". The church did not care...it did not help you get into heaven but then Galileo started to challenge scripture. He took the argument from a scientific battlefield to a theological. This is where he screwed up. If Galileo did not attack the scripture (i.e. the Church) then the church would not have had to defend itself. Does that make too much sense for you?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Pee Wee Herman...once busted in a theatre...

Wasn't it for spanking the "monkey", huh Insertion?
    Rico it is this one:

Ok...sorry for the rant then....this wasn't my creation though...do a google search for "Satan not exist" and you'll get several hits...
    Wasn't it for spanking the "monkey", huh Insertion?
    Yes it was...rat *******!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Which of the facts were wrong then? Please explain....The Church did not care which system was correct...they didn't mind the theory that the Sun was the center of the universe. As the first book that was published. However Galileo knew his theory was an actual fact which is was not....remember he was wrong about a few aspects...the simplest "non-scientific" example was that the planets revolved around the sun in perfect circles. Galileo was pretty much in the mind-frame of "if you're not with my theory then you are against it". The church did not care...it did not help you get into heaven but then Galileo started to challenge scripture. He took the argument from a scientific battlefield to a theological. This is where he screwed up. If Galileo did not attack the scripture (i.e. the Church) then the church would not have had to defend itself. Does that make too much sense for you?
    No, Rico it does not make sense to me. He was jailed for life at the age of 69. Where did the church have to defend itself except for the church being wrong? No, what I think we have here is pure case of the church being wrong and not taking a good look his "theory", as you would put it. The reason he was jailed is because his "theory" challenged the thought process of the day. They (the church) could not have someone contradicting what they say, so they had him locked for LIFE. Please again, tell me where in the world the church did right by this.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ok...sorry for the rant then....this wasn't my creation though...do a google search for "Satan not exist" and you'll get several hits...
    No big deal it is how you felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    You're right...we just want their oil.

I wish that were true. At least then we could finance it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What do you mean supossedly?? Does he tell them, or not??
    Who knows. The conviction they demonstrate is certainly admirable if nothing else.
    A quick read over at www.wikipedia.org turned this up.

I think you should not rely on partisan sources for your info.
    Of course the two links I had would aren't partisan sources, but the facts are still there even though they may be hard to accept...and I just wanted to point out that wikipedia itself is NOT a partisan source as you suggest...

It's a Wiki, Wiki World

But the e-mails that make him laugh out loud come from concerned newcomers who have just discovered they have total freedom to edit just about any Wikipedia entry at the click of a button. Oh my God, they write, you've got a major security flaw!
    As the old techie saying goes, it's not a bug, it's a feature.....

An Encyclopaedia Britannica editor once compared Wikipedia to a public toilet seat because you don't know who used it last.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    *sigh*.....you are amazingly eloquent in your arguments.....I'll bet you were an excellent student and a fantastic speller in school!! Or as I would normally say "you musta learned good".
    Hopefully I am also beng persuasive. My formal education performance was shoddy. But, I have since learned how I learn, and function much better.

BTW. I've been away for a while. When I left the office Friday, my wife was due to deliver our third child in mid-June. By the time I got home, it was clear that delivery was eminent.

Our son was born Friday night.

I will be ready to resume full debate in about 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim

WooHoo....do they evey let you sleep in BabyLand??
    Well behaved women rarely make history

That's fantastic - congratulations!!!! Your 1st?
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    WooHoo....do they evey let you sleep in BabyLand??
    As a father of 3 the answer to that question is a resounding NO!!!! Sleep deprevation is probably the most difficult aspect to adjust to
    :
    Congrats!
    Um....they were Christian....and didn't know any other religion but Christianity. Freedom of Religion was not twisted and corrupted back then like it is today. In the early Americas, freedom of religion meant you could go to any Christian church, because all churches were Christian.
    They defended Freedom of Religion because the Church of England (Christian, BTW) was the only 'allowed' religion.
    WHAT are you babbling about? Are you saying the founding fathers didn't know that there were other religious beliefs in the world and that when they talked about freedom of religion they meant only Christianity. It's people like you who give the Ku Klux Klan and other White Supremist groups a good name.

Freedom of Religion is just that. Freedom of Religion. Not Freedom of Christianity.

Take your head out of the sand.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    What we have here folks is someone who can google.

NRG, are you pagan yourself? or are you ACLU? Is that why you started this thread in the first place? You sure have a chip on your shoulders.

Only a chip for blind people like you.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy it!!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Thanx, all

This is our first boy, but our third child. And as treo2die4 aptly described, sleep is a hot commodity (and a sparse one).
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast