View Poll Results: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Worth Watching?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highly recommended!

46 79.31%
  • Average

8 13.79%
  • Watch another or stay home

4 6.90%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I really liked the movie. I think as a whole he wrapped up the transformation into Darth while bridging the two trilogies nicely.

I have a 4 yr old that loves all the Star Wars movies and really wanted to see this one....there is no way this movie is for the younger fans. When it comes out on DVD, we were planning on editing it for a younger audience and then burn it back to DVD.

Okay....I have answers for these:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Now the unanswered question that bugged me was the whole thing about Darth Plagus (sp) the Wise. Palpatine/Sidious said that Plagus became so powerful that not only could he cheat death but that he could spontaneously create life as well. In episode I, Shmi tells Qui Gonn that Anakin doesn't have a father, that he was immaculately conceived. Is Lucas implying that Anakin was "conceived" by Plagus as the chosen one? That's sure what it sounded like to me. Did anyone else catch that?
    In the original screenplay Lucas actually has Palpatine admitting he was the one that created Anakin.....then decided to take it out and leave us to come to that conclusion.

He said he was scarred from the attack on his life, but was that a lie. He doesn't look scarred and aged in episodes 1 and 2 from what I can see behind the hood.
    I read in one of the books, which are all Lucas approved to be accurate in his galaxy, that Palpatine was scared like that because of an effect of using such deep Dark Side powers. So apparently it is was his own doing.
    Okay. I am probably way off base here, but why did Obi-Wan leave Anakin for dead in such a condition and pain? It seems so out of character for me. Would it not have been more Jedi like to put him out of his misery?

Of couse, you would not have had Episodes IV, V & VI if Anakin had died right then. But the scene could have been Obi-Wan walking away thinking he was dead. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    When Grevious (sp?) is about to fight Obi-Wan and he says that he was trained in the Jedi arts by Darth Tyrannius (sp?) (which was in the movie), and then Obi-Wan says..."You mean Count Dooku? What a coincidence, I trained the man that killed him".
    That line should have been in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Okay....I have answers for these: In the original screenplay Lucas actually has Palpatine admitting he was the one that created Anakin.....then decided to take it out and leave us to come to that conclusion.

I personally believe Plagus was Palpatine's master. Palpatine knew that Plagus created Anakin, killed Plagus in his sleep and then kept his eye on Anakin.

I read a Rolling Stone interview where Lucas talked about this whole scenario and said he would just leave it to the viewer to decide. He said that it didn't really matter because Anakin's birth had nothing to do with his death in that, ultimately in his death, he fullfilled the prophecy as the chosen one by killing Palpatine and bringing balance back to the Force.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    That line should have been in the movie.
    Two words for you: Special Edition!!
    Bobby...stick to the Iggles, and leave the movies to others
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I personally believe Plagus was Palpatine's master. Palpatine knew that Plagus created Anakin, killed Plagus in his sleep and then kept his eye on Anakin.
    Palpatine had too much knowledge of Plagus' background for Palpatine to not have been his apprentice. Plagus clearly taught Palpatine. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that Lucas was really playing the Messiah card as much as I thought he was after he dropped the "Plagus could spontaneously create life" thing in Ep III, after Shmi told Qui Gonn that Anakin didn't have a father.

I thought Lucas was trying too hard at that point in time.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Two words for you: Special Edition!!
    Here are some lines that we may see in the Special Edition Director's cut:

Top 21 Lines in Star Wars that Can Be Improved by Substituting the word "Pants"

1. I cannot teach him. The boy has no pants.
    2. You are unwise to lower your pants.
    3. We've got to be able to get some reading on those pants, up or down.
    4. She must have hidden the plans in her pants. Send a detachment down to retrieve them. See to it personally Commander.
    5. These pants may not look like much, kid, but they've got it where it counts.
    6. I find your lack of pants disturbing.
    7. These pants contain the ultimate power in the Universe. I suggest we use it.
    8. Han will have those pants down. We've got to give him more time!
    9. General Veers, prepare your pants for a surface assault.
    10. TK-421. . . Why aren't you in your pants?
    11. Lock the door. And hope they don't have pants.
    12. Governor Tarkin. I recognized your foul pants when I was brought on board.
    13. You look strong enough to pull the pants off of a Gundark.
    14. Luke. . . Help me take...these pants off.
    15. Great, Chewie, great. Always thinking with your pants.
    16. Don't worry. Chewie and I have gotten into a lot of pants more heavily guarded than this.
    17. Maybe you'd like it back in your pants, your highness.
    18. Jabba doesn't have time for smugglers who drop their pants at the first sign of an Imperial Cruiser.
    19. Yeah, well short pants is better than no pants at all, Chewie.
    20. Attention. This is Lando Calrissean. The Empire has taken control of my pants, I advise everyone to leave before more troops arrive.
    21. You came in those pants? You're braver than I thought.
    roflmao
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That was pretty good!! But the saga continues...

22. "Look at the size of those pants!!"
    23. "Clouded is this boys pants."
    24. "C'mon kid! Let's blow these pants and get outta here."
    25. "At last we reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have our pants."
    26. "You'sa's pants in big doo doo Jar Jar."
    27. "Join me Luke and I will complete your pants."
    28. "You've failed your pants. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    29. "Release your pants and strike me down with all of your hatred."
    30. "General Rieekan(?) says it's too dangerous to leave the system until the pants are up."
    31. "Take off these pants and let me see you for once with my own eyes."
    32. "Much danger do I sense in this boys pants."
    33. "Great pants kid!! That shot was one in a million!!"
    From a land far away from a planet called Google...

The Top Ten Sexually Suggestive Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy

Star Wars

10. "Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell!"
    9. "Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?"
    8. "Put that thing away before you get us all killed."
    7. "You've got something jammed in here real good."
    6. "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
    5. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."
    4. "Sorry about the mess..."
    3. "Look at the size of that thing!"
    2. "Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"
    1. "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

The Empire Strikes Back

10. "I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me."
    9. "Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?"
    8. "There's an awful lot of moisture in here."
    7. "But now we must eat. Come, good food, come..."
    6. "That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."
    5. "Control, control! You must learn control!"
    4. "Hurry up, golden-rod..."
    3. "I must've hit it pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh kid?"
    2. "Possible he came in through the south entrance."
    1. "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

Return of the Jedi

10. "Hey, point that thing someplace else."
    9. "I look forward to completing your training. In time you will call me master."
    8. "I never knew I had it in me."
    7. "There is good in him, I've felt it."
    6. "Grab me, Chewie. I'm slipping -- hold on. Grab it, almost... you almost got it. Gently now, all right, easy, easy, hold me Chewie."
    5. "Hey, Luke, thanks for coming after me -- now I owe you one."
    4. "Back door, huh? Good idea!"
    3. "She's gonna blow!"
    2. "I think you'll fit in nicely."
    1. "Rise, my friend."

Is this the best of them all?...

"Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234