View Poll Results: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Worth Watching?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highly recommended!

46 79.31%
  • Average

8 13.79%
  • Watch another or stay home

4 6.90%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I thought the movie was pretty good. I'll see it again.

There are still some questions left unanswered:

Why is Ben Kenobi SO OLD in episode IV???? He was a young apprentice in Episode 1, a jedi in 2, and maybe 40 in 3 if you go by the age of Anakin. In episode 4 when Luke is 19 or so, why does Kenobi look and act like he is 80?
    On the subject of age, I was curious about the ages of people in the series as well (mainly the question above). Do people age differently in a different galaxy?

SPOILER ALERT!
    ---------------------

Was Palpatine really that old and gruesome before the fight with Mace Windu or was it because of the fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    On the subject of age, I was curious about the ages of people in the series as well (mainly the question above). Do people age differently in a different galaxy?

SPOILER ALERT!
    ---------------------

Was Palpatine really that old and gruesome before the fight with Mace Windu or was it because of the fight?
    He said he was scarred from the attack on his life, but was that a lie. He doesn't look scarred and aged in episodes 1 and 2 from what I can see behind the hood.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I think these are more plot holes than unanswered questions, but they are all good points. I think point #2 has more to do with Kenobi not wanting to tell Luke everything at that point in time. Point #1 could be written off as a lot of droids look alike, and maybe he just forgot their names. As far as point #3, Yoda seems a lot less agile between episodes III and V as well, so maybe they just didn't age gracefully.

Now the unanswered question that bugged me was the whole thing about Darth Plagus (sp) the Wise. Palpatine/Sidious said that Plagus became so powerful that not only could he cheat death but that he could spontaneously create life as well. In episode I, Shmi tells Qui Gonn that Anakin doesn't have a father, that he was immaculately conceived. Is Lucas implying that Anakin was "conceived" by Plagus as the chosen one? That's sure what it sounded like to me. Did anyone else catch that?
    Point 1 - Yoda was already ancient.

Point 2 - I caught that. It makes sense to me..
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I think it was the fight.
    I was boasting to my wife that I was one of the few people in the U.S. who had never seen any of the Star Wars episodes (moveis) in entirety. She then notified me that she had never seen any of them...period.

So, if we decide to get in on the movement, in what sequence should we approach the series? Is it better to watch the originals followed by the prequels? Or, given that the saga is entirely laid out now, should we just watch in the chronological order?
    I would still watch the older movies (4,5,6) first, and then 1,2,3. That way, you can make the connections the same way everyone else did. I think this is the way the story is meant to be told.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Actually, I'm torn. of coruse, no one (legally) has III on DVD yet... but I'm wanting to watch them in numerical sequence to see if I get a much different feel of the story.

I would agree that first time viewers do at least watch them in (real world) chronological order at least once, though. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I would still watch the older movies (4,5,6) first, and then 1,2,3. That way, you can make the connections the same way everyone else did. I think this is the way the story is meant to be told.

Not to mention that Lucas really lucked out with Harrison Ford. Not to take away from the universe that Lucas has created, but chancing on good acting early on really fueled the series to the unforeseen heights it has reached.
    This movie is so bad I'm amazed even diehard fans try to defend it. I literally laughed out loud at the Darth "Nooooooooo!" scene. It was so poorly done and supposed to be the pinnacle of the movie.

Stay away from this stinker and if you're a fan wait for a rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    This movie is so bad I'm amazed even diehard fans try to defend it. I literally laughed out loud at the Darth "Nooooooooo!" scene. It was so poorly done and supposed to be the pinnacle of the movie.

Hmmm...somehow I don't think George Lucas is hanging his head in shame about it...not after breaking just about every ticket sales record to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Hmmm...somehow I don't think George Lucas is hanging his head in shame about it...not after breaking just about every ticket sales record to date.
    Sure, it will make $$. Doesn't mean it doesn't suk.
    Doesn't mean it doesn't suk.
    That's your opinion. Some people didn't like it, while most people do.
    I was with six people. Even the moderate fan was amazed at how bad the pinacle scene was. It's bad writing, acting, and editing. I understand people who love the Star Wars universe are going to be more forgiving but seriously, that was pretty bad.
    Britney Spears sells bazillions of CD's...so I guess she must be the one of the greatest singers of all time
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I thought the acting sux...kewl FX
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    In terms of Obi Wan's age, the sequence of the movies makes sense. Obi Wan is in his twenties in Phantom Menace, in his thirties in Attack of the Clones and probably close to 40 by the end of Sith. The first of the classic trilogy takes place about 20 years after Sith. Obi Wan is about 60 then, and Alec Guiness was 62 at the time. If looked older than his years, you can imagine going through all he did, and then living in the desert by himself under two suns probably doesn't do wonders for your looks!
    I liked the movie.
    But I am bias because I am a fan

If I am being honest...
    The cat who played "Anakin" is a terrible actor.
    The Climax was disappointing (Anakins transformation).
    The whole "I can save Padme if I go bad" theme sucked.
    After all of those years of Jedi training he sure turned bad quick (I know I know they had to turn him in 2 hours).
    And last of all... I am having two kids and I am completely healthy, but I am going to pack it in because Anakins a bad boy? No MOTHER in the world would do that!!

BUT even still... its just Hollywood. Its all fantasy and how can you critique fantasy?
    I suggest seeing it in the theatre.

I'm literally laughing out loud at your "Howard Dean Speaks For Me" logo. So was it you who didn't like the scene or was it Howard Dean who didn't like it - and he is just speaking for you?

What would your reaction be if you were unexpectedly told that the love of your life had died because of something you did? Any normal person's would be something like, "NOOOOOOO!!!!!!" and to then fall to their knees crying. But I guess you fancy yourself as more of a man than Darth Vader to show any kind of emotional sadness.

I have heard others talk about this scene but I think it was great. The point of the scene was that having been completely butchered and turned into a monster, you would think Anakin's first thought would be, "What have I been turned into?" But it wasn't, his only concern was about the love of his life, Padme. And being told that he killed her, it completely devastated him as he realized that all the evil things he had done, and the abomination he had become, were all for nothing and had actually caused the thing he was trying to prevent. It was at this point that the his last shred of humanity was gone. "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" is the only reaction that anyone could utter.

What I love even more about it, is that Vader's obsession to find his son in Eps V and VI becomes symbolic of his quest to regain his humanity. While the death of his wife destroyed it, saving his son's life is what restores it. And isn't that how parents are able to carry on when they lose a spouse? Caring for their children is what makes life worth going on and pulls them out of that dark space left by the death of their spouse.

This movie was a masterpiece on many levels.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    He said he was scarred from the attack on his life, but was that a lie. He doesn't look scarred and aged in episodes 1 and 2 from what I can see behind the hood.
    When Palpatine was fighting Mace Windu and he was shooting those lightning bolts at him, Mace was deflecting them back at him with his light saber. That was how Palpatine's face became deformed and what he meant when he said that the attack had scarred him.

What I thought was great about this scene is that it is the first time we get to see Palpatine as the deformed character we see in Episodes V and VI that we all know is evil. He is finally revealed for what he is. It is symbolic because it is also the first time that Anakin truly sees Palpatine for what he is - and then chooses him (the dark side) over Mace (the Jedi). This movie had a LOT of symbolism in it.

My favorite was the opening scene in which those robots are eating away Kenobi's starfighter while Anakin refuses to leave him there to die despite Kenobi telling him otherwise. What a great foreshadowing for the end of the movie in which the opposite happens as Kenobi leaves Anakin to die as the flames are eating away at his body. Very, very slick of George.

Like I said, this movie was a masterpiece on many levels.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    This movie was a masterpiece on many levels.
    Bobby...this movie was soo bad. Geez
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast