View Poll Results: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Worth Watching?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highly recommended!

46 79.31%
  • Average

8 13.79%
  • Watch another or stay home

4 6.90%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Yes, but just a few.

I thought the movie was great. Lots of eye-candy at the beginning during some wars in space, my wife thought Anakin was looking good , fast paced throughout, kind of sad toward the end. The PC-13 rating was well-deserved, and I don't think I'll let my younger kids see it.

In my mind, it was the best Star Wars movie of all. I wish they would remake epidodes 4, 5, and 6 (the first 3) with modern movie techniques.
    Thanks! I'm hoping the drive-in nearby will get it soon. It premiere's new releases. Nothing like getting 3 flicks for the price of one.

Do you think a typical 11 year old girl could handle the movie? Gabby like her Mom can get spooked pretty easily. (so maybe not)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    You know, I shouldn't really read this thread anymore, I think the 'dark side' is compelling me to go see it this Sat afternoon! :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I love this movie. It was way darker than the first 2 for all the suffering that all main characters go through. I almost cried when Anakin was killing the Jedis. I guess if you want to see how the dark side takes over everything then you should expect to see a lot of raw scenes.

Al
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    in a word.... WOW! what a fantastic flick! exciting, fast-paced, amazing special effects, and wraps up the entire story making way perfectly for the final three. great standoffs all throughout the film. superb.
    Yes to everything Treolo and vw2002 said. Great movie, but my daughter did get a little fidgety and uncomfortable during a couple tense scenes. Otherwise...very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verngator
    I'll never look at Darth Vader (Episodes IV-VI) in quite the same way again. The Vader voice, asking about Padmé ...whoa. And the "birth” of Vader gives more meaning to the scene near the end of Episode VI....as Vader is dying and asks Luke to take off his helmet so that he can see Luke with his own eyes.
    I totally agree. This movie firmly establishes Vader as a tragic figure in the series. The scene you describe from VI might be the only clue to this (prior to III). I'm planning on rewatching IV-VI now, with this new insight into Vader. I know that it will reshape my view of Vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    You know, I shouldn't really read this thread anymore, I think the 'dark side' is compelling me to go see it this Sat afternoon! :-)
    *chuckle* I heard that call quite early. A theater in my area started showing it a midnight (for 24 hours on all 20 screens) on opening day, and I went to see the movie at 3:15am. The theater was totally packed. Yes, many people heard the call that morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I love this movie. It was way darker than the first 2 for all the suffering that all main characters go through. I almost cried when Anakin was killing the Jedis. I guess if you want to see how the dark side takes over everything then you should expect to see a lot of raw scenes.
    Especially the younglings... *sigh* At least they didn't actually show that part. I thought it interesting that one of th younglings (!!) later came to the rescue of the senator later to become someone's father... Yes, the Force does work in mysterious ways!
    I had to watch this movie twice as I needed to hear some of the dialog and match the on screen emotions, which seems to have none, esp. when Padme finally see's Anakin's dark side or the Chancellor Palpatine's begging for mercy in front of Mace Windu or Anakin's final surrender to the dark side.

The movie special effects and the fights makes the film. I still say it is worth watching.
    I thought the movie was pretty darn good. I also liked the book (based off the screenplay). The book actually went into deeper detail and helped explain why some of the things were going on. Plus...the best quote in the book was the writer's creation! I was dissappointed when it was in the movie....When Grevious (sp?) is about to fight Obi-Wan and he says that he was trained in the Jedi arts by Darth Tyrannius (sp?) (which was in the movie), and then Obi-Wan says..."You mean Count Dooku? What a coincidence, I trained the man that killed him"

I also have a sister-in-law that hasn't seen ANY of the first 5 films and she saw this one and really liked it....so the only reason to not recommend it is if you saw the othe rmovies and didn't like it. Otherwise, yes, it's a good flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I wish they would remake epidodes 4, 5, and 6 (the first 3) with modern movie techniques.
    This thread should've been titled "SPOILER ALERT!" as well. I've already seen it (and knew what to expect before I saw it), but there are some plot twists being given away in here.

I don't think the original trilogy will be remade (Lucas has already said he has no further interest in Star Wars beyond the TV series coming up), but rumor has it that at least the original trilogy will be rereleased in this new 3D technology that's coming out. That would be worth watching.

The movie was fantastic. Definitely a fitting ending, and definitely the darkest of the 6. It answered most of the questions, but brought up a couple of new ones that unfortunately, won't be answered. I did like how Lucas painstakingly made sure that this movie would transition nicely to Ep IV, like the look of Bail Organa's cruiser and Obi Wan picking up Anakin's lightsaber after he left Anakin for dead.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I don't think the original trilogy will be remade (Lucas has already said he has no further interest in Star Wars beyond the TV series coming up), but rumor has it that at least the original trilogy will be rereleased in this new 3D technology that's coming out. That would be worth watching.
    Since you mentioned rumors...I thought I'd throw this in. From an interview with Lucas, he did say what you just mentioned but he then through out a teaser by saying that episodes 7,8, & 9 already existed...at least in his head. Kind of like when he did episodes 4,5 & 6 he said that the first three episodes already existed in his head and it just 20 years to get around to making.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Since you mentioned rumors...I thought I'd throw this in. From an interview with Lucas, he did say what you just mentioned but he then through out a teaser by saying that episodes 7,8, & 9 already existed...at least in his head. Kind of like when he did episodes 4,5 & 6 he said that the first three episodes already existed in his head and it just 20 years to get around to making.
    If it takes him 20 years to get around to it, I don't think there will be much of him left. If he truly has 3 episodes banging around in his head, he needs to unload them now. But I seriously doubt he does. Those stories have already been told by the books that pick up where Ep VI left off, and I think they'd seem like nothing more than a rehash of what's already been done.

As Vader would say, "The circle is now complete."
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    This thread should've been titled "SPOILER ALERT!" as well. I've already seen it (and knew what to expect before I saw it), but there are some plot twists being given away in here.
    It's about as much as a spoiler as someone telling you the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie before you saw that one....
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    It's about as much as a spoiler as someone telling you the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie before you saw that one....
    I'm not talking about the ending, yes, anyone who went to see the movie knows how it ends.

I'm talking about Anakin's encounter with the younglings, Mace and the Emperor, Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar, etc....
    I'm back!
    Surprisingly slow for me....does wrap up the loose ends though
    Last edited by treo2die4; 05/24/2005 at 10:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Suprisingly slow for me....does wrap up the loose ends though
    i thought the first two were slow for sure, but this one was up and running immediately - action-packed and all. well, i guess each person`s expectations are different.
    I thought this one was what the other two prequels should have been. I enjoyed them, too, but this one brought the old magic back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto
    just got back from seeing it. effects were as great as i was expecting. anakins acting was as bad as i was expecting. great movie overall, and it brought everything up to date with episode iv. it did have some pretty harsh parts that i had not anticipated though.
    I thought the movie was pretty good. I'll see it again.

There are still some questions left unanswered:

Why doesn't Uncle Owen remember C3PO when he "buys" him in episode IV. He worked on the farm with Uncle Owen for years!

Why doesn't Kenobi recognize C3PO and R2D2 in episode IV? This could be explained as him not wanting Luke to know the full story right away.

Why is Ben Kenobi SO OLD in episode IV???? He was a young apprentice in Episode 1, a jedi in 2, and maybe 40 in 3 if you go by the age of Anakin. In episode 4 when Luke is 19 or so, why does Kenobi look and act like he is 80?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I thought the movie was pretty good. I'll see it again.

There are still some questions left unanswered:

Why doesn't Uncle Owen remember C3PO when he "buys" him in episode IV. He worked on the farm with Uncle Owen for years!

Why doesn't Kenobi recognize C3PO and R2D2 in episode IV? This could be explained as him not wanting Luke to know the full story right away.

Why is Ben Kenobi SO OLD in episode IV???? He was a young apprentice in Episode 1, a jedi in 2, and maybe 40 in 3 if you go by the age of Anakin. In episode 4 when Luke is 19 or so, why does Kenobi look and act like he is 80?
    I think these are more plot holes than unanswered questions, but they are all good points. I think point #2 has more to do with Kenobi not wanting to tell Luke everything at that point in time. Point #1 could be written off as a lot of droids look alike, and maybe he just forgot their names. As far as point #3, Yoda seems a lot less agile between episodes III and V as well, so maybe they just didn't age gracefully.

Now the unanswered question that bugged me was the whole thing about Darth Plagus (sp) the Wise. Palpatine/Sidious said that Plagus became so powerful that not only could he cheat death but that he could spontaneously create life as well. In episode I, Shmi tells Qui Gonn that Anakin doesn't have a father, that he was immaculately conceived. Is Lucas implying that Anakin was "conceived" by Plagus as the chosen one? That's sure what it sounded like to me. Did anyone else catch that?
    I'm back!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast