Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Nudist, dlbrummels and clairegrrl – your personal attacks and tasteless comments about people are tiresome. No wonder people with good intentions and opinions choose to leave this forum. You guys are smart and humorous but you need to grow up already.
    Monkey Man!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes, gum smacking, liberal, moron, whack jobs, belong in FLA !

I am not a Repuplican, just anti-stupid.

For the record, I have stools smarter than you !
    Where did I say you are a "repuplican"? I hope your stools can read (and spell) a little better than you. I mentioned how your avatar captures the republican spirit so well.

and talk about stupid statements, I think you beat me hands down with the one at the beginning of this quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Zaster
    Nudist, dlbrummels and clairegrrl – your personal attacks and tasteless comments about people are tiresome. No wonder people with good intentions and opinions choose to leave this forum. You guys are smart and humorous but you need to grow up already.
    Yeah!!! What he said!! Hooligans!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Monkey Man!!!
    MonkeyMistress?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Sticks and stones boys...

You are diminishing the quality of an otherwise interesting debate...
    Sorry stepped in a hole, stooped to his level, sorry folks !
    Were sorry !
    Nudist, dlbrummels and clairegrrl ? your personal attacks and tasteless comments about people are tiresome. No wonder people with good intentions and opinions choose to leave this forum. You guys are smart and humorous but you need to grow up already.
    I do agree, Dee.

If you check my posts, you'll see that I readily attack the republican party and the policies of this administration, but rarely attack any individual. Sometimes, as I did in the "*****" reply, I fail to restrain myself, but you will also notice, if you care to waste the time, that I get personally attacked quite frequently. When they can't disput the facts, they attack the poster.

Anyway, I will strive to refrain form personal attacks but I will not refrain even slightly from posting attacks on failed policies, lies, and fraud by this administration and the GOP.
    You go, Girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Where did I say you are a "repuplican"? I hope your stools can read (and spell) a little better than you. I mentioned how your avatar captures the republican spirit so well.

and talk about stupid statements, I think you beat me hands down with the one at the beginning of this quote.
    It's a joke, find some humor !

I can spell, I was learned in publik skoolz !

Yeah Democats ! I need a village, not to be left behind !
    Ahhh...give me the Government teet to suck on.

I do agree, Dee.

If you check my posts, you'll see that I readily attack the republican party and the policies of this administration, but rarely attack any individual. Sometimes, as I did in the "*****" reply, I fail to restrain myself, but you will also notice, if you care to waste the time, that I get personally attacked quite frequently. When they can't disput the facts, they attack the poster.

Anyway, I will strive to refrain form personal attacks but I will not refrain even slightly from posting attacks on failed policies, lies, and fraud by this administration and the GOP.
    Try spending some time finding a honest canidate.

Duh, I am a National Honor Society Member with an "A" average.

Your statement shows the lack of respect you have for our men and women in the military, following orders, by the way, not cutting off heads, hardly comparable

It's a shame...most democrats that I know are good people. However, almost all the democrat politicians are there for one reason, to take money from the rich and give it to the poor. Translation: Take money from the people that want to work and have been successful at it and give it to those who don't want to work and have been successful at that, thanks to the democrat politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    It's a shame...most democrats that I know are good people. However, almost all the democrat politicians are there for one reason, to take money from the rich and give it to the poor. Translation: Take money from the people that want to work and have been successful at it and give it to those who don't want to work and have been successful at that, thanks to the democrat politicians.
    Interesting point, why not open a new thread with this topic, I think it goes a bit beyond the scope of this thread.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    So you're saying all "poor" people are shiftless, lazy welfare recipients? There are many people who work very hard, everyday in low paying professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Does it matter if the person is a US citizen? What if the person was McVeigh and we had pretty good intel that he knew (I dont think we really know) that he was conspiring to blow up a federal building...would you condone torture and as you put it "you do whatever, and this time I do mean WHATEVER, you need to do to get that information" or do you not condone it because he is a US citizen? If you dont condone it then why the difference? Is a US citizens life more important than a non citizen? Would it make a difference if you knew you could save 3,000 people versus 300 people? Just curious.

My argument on torture is that it is a slippery slope. Once you condone it, then you have to subjectively have guidelines on how much, how long, to whom, who can do it, who cant, for what intel. Trying to agree on all these subjective standards is difficult at best.
    Should it matter if the person is a US citizen? What if they are a naturalized citizen, versus someone who was born here? Does it matter to you? I can tell you this, it doesn't matter to me. Actually, to me, it's worse, because McVeigh was an American (he's no longer an American as far as I'm concerned, since he committed the biggest crime against your country you can commit, which is treason). He's the same person as bin Laden as far as I'm concerned.

And to answer your question, yes, I would condone WHATEVER needed to be done to get that information from him to prevent the Oklahoma City bombing. WHATEVER being based upon how sure you are that he's hiding something and can be broken.

But don't turn this into something it's not. This isn't an anti-Arab rant where I condone killing innocent Iraqi children to get a clue where WMD's would be, but yet allow McVeigh to say he doesn't know anything and just rot in a cell. I was totally for locking him in a room for an hour with a few of the victims' relatives.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Interesting point, why not open a new thread with this topic, I think it goes a bit beyond the scope of this thread.
    Yes, I would agree that this thread has drifted a bit from what we've been discussing, but haven't we really drifted from the original topic anyhow? We've gone from (spoiler alert: right slant!) Newsweek's outright lie to interrogation techniques in Abu Ghraib and Gitmo to who looks more like a horse's *** to how poor people and lazy people are the same people.

It's always fun to see how these things move.
    I'm back!
    Star Wars opens today...just to further move things along....

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Your statement shows the lack of respect you have for our men and women in the military, following orders, by the way, not cutting off heads, hardly comparable.
    That's the whole point, isn't it? To what extent did those interrogators who beat prisoners to death with flash-lights, or made them suffocate with a bag over their head follow orders? I think those were probably incidents on the slippery slope of not so "soft" torture, condoned by the government, and the result of lack of appropriate control over the people in charge of the prisoners.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast