Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 379
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    You're right, everyone brings something....my issue with clulup is the continuous rant against the US as if the entirety of what America brings to the table is far out-weighed by those things clulup does not agree with.
    Well, that may bother me as well on a certain level but underneath it all, there is usually something in his posts that are debatable, and I relish the opportunity to hear a different perspective.

    I think we can both agree that the US hasnt always pursued the best policies and we don't want to live life wearing rose colored glasses (even if it might be hard to hear.)
  2. #302  
    At least he ain't Nudist!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Not a challenge but a legit question: In dealing with this type of enemy, how would you suggest critical information be obtained?
    like this?

    "At the interrogators' behest, a guard tried to force the young man to his knees. But his legs, which had been pummeled by guards for several days, could no longer bend. An interrogator told Mr. Dilawar that he could see a doctor after they finished with him. When he was finally sent back to his cell, though, the guards were instructed only to chain the prisoner back to the ceiling.

    "Leave him up," one of the guards quoted Specialist Claus as saying.

    Several hours passed before an emergency room doctor finally saw Mr. Dilawar. By then he was dead, his body beginning to stiffen. It would be many months before Army investigators learned a final horrific detail: Most of the interrogators had believed Mr. Dilawar was an innocent man who simply drove his taxi past the American base at the wrong time."

    (excerpt from NYT article. much more..)
  4. #304  
    Speak of the Nude one....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Yes...including me...ohhh...and dont forget yourself
    I actually take pride in the fact that I try not to pigeon-hole myself into a particular political point of view. I am always willing to change my position if you can make a better argument. I am a zealous advocate

    IMO if you arent even open to the possibility that you may be wrong, then your closing the door of opportunity to learn something from someone else. To me, its not about being right (or left for that matter )
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    like this?

    "At the interrogators' behest, a guard tried to force the young man to his knees. But his legs, which had been pummeled by guards for several days, could no longer bend. An interrogator told Mr. Dilawar that he could see a doctor after they finished with him. When he was finally sent back to his cell, though, the guards were instructed only to chain the prisoner back to the ceiling.

    "Leave him up," one of the guards quoted Specialist Claus as saying.

    Several hours passed before an emergency room doctor finally saw Mr. Dilawar. By then he was dead, his body beginning to stiffen. It would be many months before Army investigators learned a final horrific detail: Most of the interrogators had believed Mr. Dilawar was an innocent man who simply drove his taxi past the American base at the wrong time."

    (excerpt from NYT article. much more..)
    Ya know, that's what I like about you Nudist - never a real answer but always an extreme example.......mind providing the link so we can read for ourselves the entire article, for all I know this is an excerpt from a Tom Clancy novel?
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Speak of the Nude one....
    You couldn't have timed that better if you tried.

    It's almost like his little tinkerbell went off.
    I'm back!
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Well, that may bother me as well on a certain level but underneath it all, there is usually something in his posts that are debatable, and I relish the opportunity to hear a different perspective.

    I think we can both agree that the US hasnt always pursued the best policies and we don't want to live life wearing rose colored glasses (even if it might be hard to hear.)
    True on both accounts - but isn't it better to further debate by seeing the negative and the positive. Without a reasonably balanced view, I believe a person runs the risk of having all their posts immediately discounted.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I believe a person runs the risk of having all their posts immediately discounted.
    At Wal-Mart...everything is discounted

    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    One possible way is to not put ourselves in a position of desperation where we have to torture. Lets put some more money into the intelligence sector, more money for satellites and 'snooping' technology, more money to have people 'in country' infiltrating these terrorist organizations. By being proactive, we will have less of a need to be reactive.
    I couldn't agree more, however between where we are today and where we need to be, there is a significant amount of time that will be needed.

    And, with our political climate and pander to the polls mentality, how do we ensure such a system will not only be set-up but maintained in the long-term?

    What do we do in the mean time since we are now required to be reactionary?

    I don't pretend to have these answers, just tossing out my thoughts
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    At Wal-Mart...everything is discounted

    Yeah - and watch out for falling prices. Kinda like their stock value....
  12.    #312  
    "The international Red Cross says it raised the issue of alleged Qur'an abuse at Guantanamo Bay with American officials on numerous occasions and as early as 2002."

    Interesting how the red cross decides to join in even after Newsweek retracts their own story.

    Is Koran, Qu'ran, Quran "abuse" torture?

    Why is it that a report of Koran pages facing a toilet inflames the Muslim world to anger of such degree causing numerous deaths, yet the burnt American flag on the end of a stick is just fine with the Arab populace?
    Why is it that liberal American activists protest so loudly over this issue even as Newsweek itself retracts and apologizes yet feel so righteously comfortable desecrating the American flag causing personal anguish to veterans and their survivors?
    Why do those of us considered conservative have to swallow frequent visible insults to our icon the flag while paying homage to an icon of those who detest our values?
    Why is it so, Muslim people? Your point of view would be appreciated.
    Why is it so, liberal activists? Your point of view would be appreciated.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13. #313  
    Wow...Dearest Claire goes deep!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Wow...Dearest Claire goes deep!
    That's the name of my newest fishing show on OLN
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Wow...Dearest Claire goes deep!
    Mind your Ps and Qs there Mister!
  16. #316  
    My P is fine, thanx
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #317  
    Phone call for Mr. Freely....Mr. I.P. Freely
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  18.    #318  
    It's the Qs we're worried about
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19. #319  
    May I speak to Richard Head please?
  20. #320  
    Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Posting Permissions