Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Over the weekend, my family and I went to visit my brother and his girlfriend in a little town called Alton, Illinois. While there on Saturday afternoon, they showed us around to some of the historical sites. One of which was this life size statue of the world's tallest man at 8'11" named Robert Wadlow. He died in 1940 at only age 22 and wore a size 37 shoe.

I just got wonder...would he have been able to use a treo with fingers the size of a ring of summer sausage?
    Just to give you an idea of height perception, I'm 6'3".
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    shouldnt that be worlds tallest ex-man?

wow, only to 22.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    wow, what a great photo! Makes you wonder just what genetics research is going on, as the average basket ball player is now almost seven feet tall.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    wow, what a great photo! Makes you wonder just what genetics research is going on, as the average basket ball player is now almost seven feet tall.
    lol... that's not the average, although there are more 7'0"ers now than before.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I don't think his problem was genetic, it was hormonal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Pershing_Wadlow
  6.    #6  
    Either way...could you imagine a guy like this carrying a Treo around? It would have been like Ben Stiller's character Derrick Zoolander from the movie Zoolander who had that tiny, tiny cell phone he carried.

I was told that he had a special car made that he could actually drive. They had enlarged the pedals, taken out the front seat, and lenthened the steering wheel. Even so, I suppose it would have had to have been a convertible.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    He should've gotten a Mini, and sawed the roof off. Then he'd look like a circus clown driving one of those funny little cars around.

Dun dun dunna dunna dun dun dun....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Nice...very nice. I hope this guy doesn't have a great, great nephew or something that is reading this....we'll all burn in hell. But eh, you only live once.
    www.planetmills.com
    I ain't scurd...he's probably a midget.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Speakin of midgets...eh better not say it.
    www.planetmills.com
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'm just wondering how big a guy's ... would be with size 37 shoes lol!
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
    I have seen the story of his life a few times. At age 22 he could barely walk with crutches because his knees would collapse. I think the eveloution of an increased average height is the product of good nutrition in the absence of disease over generations. But of course that was not the case with him.

P.S. I dont thnk he could have use a Treo. He would of had to go for a Hitachi G1000

Quote Originally Posted by shahrum
    I'm just wondering how big a guy's ... would be with size 37 shoes lol!
    Please tell me you're curious about his socks...

"Introducing TheyFit™ condoms, the world's first Sized-to-Fit condom line in 55 custom-fit sizes. The custom tailored fit makes these condoms safer, while significantly increasing comfort and pleasure for a more natural experience."

Can you believe 55 sizes
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    "Introducing TheyFit™ condoms, the world's first Sized-to-Fit condom line in 55 custom-fit sizes. The custom tailored fit makes these condoms safer, while significantly increasing comfort and pleasure for a more natural experience."

Can you believe 55 sizes

Given the egos of most men, I'm willing to bet the smallest size they offer is called "large." Or maybe they've borrowed a page from Starbucks, and it's called "Grande."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Given the egos of most men, I'm willing to bet the smallest size they offer is called "large." Or maybe they've borrowed a page from Starbucks, and it's called "Grande."
    Maybe like Starbucks the smallest menu size is "Tall" but there is also an off-menu size. Must be hard to order from this place and ask for the "short," however.
    This thread is offending me.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Must be hard to order from this place and ask for the "short," however.
    should "short" and "hard" be in the same sentence
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Between this:

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    and this:

Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    should "short" and "hard" be in the same sentence
    I am dying (LMAO). BTW-anyone know who the tallest BBall player is right now?
    NBA? I would guess Yao...unless Shawn Bradley is still playing.

I think Bol and that ghoulish looking George Murasan were the tallest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast