1.    #1  
    Can anyone help with winXP. I believe that my computer is infected with the w32.mytob.k@mm virus. I keep getting these emails back from senders, that I do not know nor have I written the emails to(below). I noticed the behavior and ran liveupdate on norton antivirus 2005. Norton is not detecting any viruses in my computer. I also receive, quite often, emails from unknown senders that roadrunner has intercepted as having the aforementioned virus. Help, anyone.
    ALERT!!!
    This e-mail in its original form contained one or more attached files that were infected with a virus or worm, or contained another type of security threat.
    The following attachments were infected and have been repaired:
    No attachments are in this category.
    The following attachments were deleted due to an inability to clean them:
    1. cpj.scr: W32.Mytob.K@mm
    The Following attachments were not delivered due to inbound mail policy violations:
    No attachments are in this category.
    Road Runner does not contact the sender of the infected attachment(s) in the event that they were not actually sent from the indicated party.
    Please contact the sender directly to alert them of their issue with infected files if you wish to do so.
    For more information on Road Runner's virus filtering initiative, visit our Help & Member Services pages at http://help.rr.com, or the virus filtering information page directly at http://help.rr.com/faqs/e_mgsp.html.

------------ Original message text follows ------------

The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP_B850
    Can anyone help with winXP. I believe that my computer is infected with the w32.mytob.k@mm virus. I keep getting these emails back from senders, that I do not know nor have I written the emails to(below). I noticed the behavior and ran liveupdate on norton antivirus 2005. Norton is not detecting any viruses in my computer. I also receive, quite often, emails from unknown senders that roadrunner has intercepted as having the aforementioned virus. Help, anyone.
    You can find info on w32.mytob@mm here .

I am not sure it is your computer which is infected. If you can still access Symantec and get the latest virus definition it probably isn't, specially if you scan your whole computer with the latest virus definitions and still no virus is discovered.

Maybe somebody else uses your spoofed email address as the fake sender of the virus mails, then servers detecting the virus will send those warnings to you. My sister has a similar problem, so if somebody knows more (e.g. about something that Norton does not detect), I'd be interested, too.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Do an on-line scan at Trend Micro. They find things that Symantec doesnt.

Click Here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Claire???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Do an on-line scan at Trend Micro. They find things that Symantec doesnt.

Click Here

I have to agree with Claire here. I don't think Panda's online scan will remove anymore...just tell you you're infected.

You can also try another software package. AVG from www.grisoft.com is pretty good and free for personal use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Claire???
    There are things that I know
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    There are things that I know
    Wow...and I here I thought you were just some teenage Jeep-chick. (well, so I had read. )
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    BP,

more than likely a person who has you in their address book has the virus and not you. the virus is just using your eamil address to prevent detection.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry I did not check all responses earlier but was pretty busy at work all day, could not even check tc on my 600. I spoke with someone at work and they pretty much advised the same, that maybe the virus itself was using my address but that my computer was not infected. I definitely hope that is the case.
  10.    #10  
    By the way, has anyone tried the xxx.rr.com chat help? It was horrible last night. Almost as bad as the feared overseas/sprint customer service/no english speaking calls.