Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Figured I'd start an NBA playoffs thread.

Seattle won't win a game (Spurs in 4), Spurs over Suns in 7, Spurs over Pistons/Heat (still undecided) in 6.

Any other theories?
    Spurs may only need 5 games to take care of the Suns. Shows how good 'D' can stop good 'O' anytime. That's why 'D' wins Championships!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Spurs may only need 5 games to take care of the Suns. Shows how good 'D' can stop good 'O' anytime. That's why 'D' wins Championships!
    I agree completely, it is the D that wins championships. That is why D-troit is going to D-feat the Spurs in the finals.
  3.    #23  
    Anything can happen for the Suns once Joe Johnson returns, but things don't look good for the Suns right now. The league's best offense against the league's best defense should be a better matchup than this. At least the games are pretty close so far.

Another interesting stat: The Suns are the league's best road team while the Spurs are the league's best home team. Talk about the irresistable force and the immovable object!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I agree completely, it is the D that wins championships. That is why D-troit is going to D-feat the Spurs in the finals.
    Detroit might be able to contain Duncan, but they won't be able to shut down Parker AND Ginobili AND Duncan at the same time. Those 3 are averaging a combined 70 points (approx) per night. Chauncey and Rip are pretty smooth, but San Antonio is better on BOTH ends of the floor than D-troit.

(SORRY for all the CAPS!)
    Agree-D
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Let's see what happens tonight in Miami before we start a Detroit vs San Antonio thread. This series is far from over.
    I'm back!
    Looks to me like Detroit has built the latest template for NBA teams - looonnnggg, play together, great defense, strong back court.....I see them winning their 2nd championship (and it pains me greatly to see Rasheed Wallace get 1 ring, let alone 2!)
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Looks to me like Detroit has built the latest template for NBA teams - looonnnggg, play together, great defense, strong back court.....I see them winning their 2nd championship (and it pains me greatly to see Rasheed Wallace get 1 ring, let alone 2!)
    Don't forget that the Spurs were the champs before the Pistons, and they have gotten stronger since 2003. The Pistons are arguably not as strong as last year - their bench is only 1 deep.
  9.    #29  
    Big game for Wade tonight. I admit I was a doubter after game 1. The Heat may just make a series of this, maybe even win!
    Detroit will win in 6.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Big game for Wade tonight. I admit I was a doubter after game 1. The Heat may just make a series of this, maybe even win!
    FLASH!......aaaaaahhhhhh......he's the savior of the universe!

Miami made their adjustments, now it's time for the Pistons to do the same. Flash looked mighty unstoppable last night, and I expect to see a lot of Zo and Shaq on the floor together from here on out.

Heat in 7.
    I'm back!
    If Miami has any shot at all in this series it will be on the back of 'Zo'. Wade & Shaq will be Wade & Shaq, but the 'X' factor for the Heat is Zo. If Detroit shuts him down the Heat will be done!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  13.    #33  
    If Miami has any shot at all in this series it will be on the back of 'Zo'. Wade & Shaq will be Wade & Shaq, but the 'X' factor for the Heat is Zo. If Detroit shuts him down the Heat will be done!
    Not necesarilly. The only reason last night's game was so close was that Detroit hit 8 straight 3's. Can't expect that to happen again. Wade didn't really blow up until the fourth quarter when the game got tight again. Without Detroit's 3's and Wade's explosion (they cancel each other out) the Heat still win last night. I'm picking Detroit, but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong. And that has nothing to do with Zo.
  14.    #34  
    Only 5 more wins to go! The Suns are done.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Only 5 more wins to go! The Suns are done.
    True!! Stick a fork in them!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16.    #36  
    Well jmill, your Heat gave certainly redeemed themselves since game 1. This series is far from over, though. It's a pity that whoever wins this series will be too tired to put up a decent fight against the Spurs!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  17.    #37  
    Bring on the East!!!
    Only 4 wins away now! Spurs vs. Pistons would be a good series.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  19.    #39  
    Only 4 wins away now! Spurs vs. Pistons would be a good series.
    Good - Definitely. Exciting - maybe. I'm actually rooting for the Heat just because I think that would make a more exciting series. It's going to be a great series no matter what, but neither team would ever score more than 80 points in a Spurs vs. Pistons series!
  20.    #40  
    Did anybody hear Rasheed's comments about the officiating and the NBA's conspiracy? He said that the Piston's were assured of winning game 6 simply because the NBA want there to be a game 7!!

This from the guy who scored 2 more points than I did in game 5!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast