Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    British Report: Bush Administration Cooked Facts

A highly classified British intelligence report, which was released during the latest political campaign, asserts that "intelligence and facts were being fixed around the [Iraq] policy." Rep. John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI), ranking minority member of the House Judiciary Committee (pdf) has written President Bush, noting that"If the disclosure is accurate, it raises troubling new questions regarding the legal justifications for the war as well as the integrity of your own Administration" and asking a series of questions to the President.

1) Do you or anyone in your Administration dispute the accuracy of the leaked document?

2) Were arrangements being made, including the recruitment of allies, before you sought Congressional authorization go to war?

3) Did you or anyone in your Administration obtain Britainís commitment to invade prior to this time?

4) Was there an effort to create an ultimatum about weapons inspectors in order to help with the justification for the war as the minutes indicate?

5) At what point in time did you and Prime Minister Blair first agree it was necessary to invade Iraq?

6) Was there a coordinated effort with the U.S. intelligence community and/or British officials to "fix" the intelligence and facts around the policy as the leaked document states?

The document summarizes a July 23, 2002 meeting between British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his advisers; at this point in time, the Bush Administration was stating publicly that no decision had been made to go to war.

http://uspolitics.about.com/b/a/168387.htm

Well boys/girls here we have our first bit of evidence of Dubya distorting the facts to suit his needs. Please I would like to hear your thoughts on why he should stay in office (Bush). In light of this, the larger government, and soaring deficits that have been created on Bush's watch, why would anyone who calls themselves "conservative" be proud of this guy. Please try and defend this and not slander the dems., messenger, or any other host reasons some of you will come up with.
    I'm back!
    Ditto....bump
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You mean to tell me you will yawn at YOUR president lying, killing more 1,600 of our men and women in uniform, marring the name of The Great Untied States, causing a rift between our allies, costing over $168,499,560,274 of our tax money, and all of this was based on a lie. All because Bush and his buddies at the PNAC had a hard on to overthrow Saddam. And all you can do is yawn? Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You mean to tell me you will yawn at YOUR president lying, killing more 1,600 of our men and women in uniform, marring the name of The Great Untied States, causing a rift between our allies, costing over $168,499,560,274 of our tax money, and all of this was based on a lie. All because Bush and his buddies at the PNAC had a hard on to overthrow Saddam. And all you can do is yawn? Incredible.
    No, I'm yawning at you. Oh, and pointing out your own hypocrisy about which threads you deem valuable and which you don't. Hence, the link to your own profound statement in a thread you didn't feel like discussing.

And BTW, he's YOUR President too, unless you've renounced your citizenship or residency.
    I'm back!
    All politicians lie, he didn't kill the soldiers, war did. Nobody is happy with it.

I think the yawn was delivered to you personally.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All politicians lie, he didn't kill the soldiers, war did. Nobody is happy with it.
    How did we get into this war?
    We never got out.

There was a cease-fire in 1991. Not an end. His (Saddams) violations led to us getting back in. No surprise. I was there in 90-91, and I think we all knew then we'd be back.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think the yawn was delivered to you personally.
    Mine was.
    I'm back!
    How did we get into this war?
    Lies got us into WWII and Vietnam also..
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No, I'm yawning at you. Oh, and pointing out your own hypocrisy about which threads you deem valuable and which you don't. Hence, the link to your own profound statement in a thread you didn't feel like discussing.

And BTW, he's YOUR President too, unless you've renounced your citizenship or residency.
    I yawn at a thread that comes from a right leaning source. No I did not see a reason to discuss a thread that all in all is just theory. But, here in this case we have a President that lied to the american people and the world. If anything this is something that is worth discussing no theory here just facts.

As far as him being my president too well, I certinaly did NOT vote for him and I am not proud of him. As a matter of fact he has been downright terrible for this country. So I feel better I just won't claim him.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Lies got us into WWII and Vietnam also..
    Are you justifying it?
    Mine was.
    Mine was also, then I bumped. Nobody likes war or death. If "Billy Bob" would have kept his promises and left the girls be; we wouldn't had to go after Sadly Insane.
    Are you justifying it?
    Hell no! I say send the politicians to war first !

Old crooks sending young men to die, no way !
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    We never got out.

There was a cease-fire in 1991. Not an end. His (Saddams) violations led to us getting back in. No surprise. I was there in 90-91, and I think we all knew then we'd be back.
    91 was legitament in my eyes, all except that cooked up baby incubator story. True we never did get out, but I would propose he was pretty well contained. With no-fly areas set-up we covered a good 2/3 of the country. Plus, had we waited and let the inspectors go back in and check for weapons we would have seen there was no WMD. Probaly saving countless lives and much needed cash here at home.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hell no! I say send the politicians to war first !

Old crooks sending young men to die, no way !
    Now here is some common ground.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Mine was also, then I bumped. Nobody likes war or death. If "Billy Bob" would have kept his promises and left the girls be; we wouldn't had to go after Sadly Insane.
    Watch out for the almighty Clenis. Things got a mind of its own.
    As far as him being my president too well, I certinaly did NOT vote for him and I am not proud of him. As a matter of fact he has been downright terrible for this country. So I feel better I just won't claim him.
    Cant wait to see the next lineup of contestants. Wonder if Lieberman or Edwards will run. Or maybe Sharpton or Kucinich. Ohhh...maybe Clark or Gephardt. How about Hillary against Condi Rice?

Maybe we should just take some winners from Fear Factor and have a run-off for President
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Cant wait to see the next lineup of contestants. Wonder if Lieberman or Edwards will run. Or maybe Sharpton or Kucinich. Ohhh...maybe Clark or Gephardt. How about Hillary against Condi Rice?

Maybe we should just take some winners from Fear Factor and have a run-off for President
    Was wondering when the peanut gallery would show up. Quick too. (Not just in wit)
    Peanuts have been known to cause allergic reactions. Even airlines have peanut free zones.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast