Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 45 of 45
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All politicians lie,
    Agreed...lying has never been based on political party.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    he didn't kill the soldiers, war did.
    Pres. Bush didnt pull the trigger but even the most die-hard conservative has to agree that Pres. Bush put our troops in harms way (no one else signed the order to put troops on the ground). And I would argue that it was done by either lying or by gross incompetence. Was it necessary or was it justified?? That is another argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Nobody is happy with it.
    Totally agree.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Hell no! I say send the politicians (KIDS) to war first !

    Old crooks sending young men to die, no way !
    This we should all be able to agree on. If the politicians had to send their kids to war 1st, we really would be going to war after all else has failed!! If war was truly a last resort I would be behind it 100%, but when it's not (and any honest & reasonable person can see it's not) I am strongly against it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    This we should all be able to agree on. If the politicians had to send their kids to war 1st, we really would be going to war after all else has failed!! If war was truly a last resort I would be behind it 100%, but when it's not (and any honest & reasonable person can see it's not) I am strongly against it.
    yes, it is easy to say you support the troops, but the real test of a war is whether you would be willing to die for the cause or to send your kids to die for the cause. Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect that many who support the war have never really thought about it at that level.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Hmmm. Is this document not fact enough for you to cause some concern or does it need to happen right in front of you to believe it? Why oh why do some of you folks blindy support Bush.
    Concern perhaps but to outright jump on it as complete and total fact is not something I would be prepared to do regardless of if the president were Bush, Clinton or Bozo the Clown...
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    yes, it is easy to say you support the troops, but the real test of a war is whether you would be willing to die for the cause or to send your kids to die for the cause.
    I totally agree with your point of view. However, your 'test' is a little strong . First of all, it creates an 'if/then' argument where sides have to be drawn. (i.e. if you support the war, then go or send your kids). I know a LOT of people who support our troops but do not believe the war is justified or that we went to war 'as a last resort'. By creating sides in this debate, we alienate one group from another (which doesnt necessarily help if you are interested in 'reaching out to the other side'.) I think we can all agree that we don't want to abandon our guys and gals on foreign soil, we just may disagree on why they went or how long they should be there.

    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect that many who support the war have never really thought about it at that level.
    OR if they did think on that level, they decided that it was good enough for your kids or mine BUT not their own.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions