1.    #1  
    For all of you screen protector manufactures. I have just approved a perfect license. This license will allow you to make a large amount of money selling screen protectors
    (compared to the original contract).

SEE http://www.vsps.com/license.htm

Thank You
    Inventor

James, et al:

PLEASE move this thread to off-topic.

Mike
    Moving to Off Topic...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Angels and ministers of grace defend us -- here we go again!
    NO ONE GIVES A FLYING ****

[please, no profanity... (ME)]
    In honor of this stupid post, I just made 12 protectors MYSELF for about $1.00. I plan on giving them to friends so they don't have to buy screen protection either. In this way, we can FINALLY end these inane postings from this "inventor".

Again, for anyone needing a screen protector, make your own! No reason to line inventorb's pockets.
    "Stupid Handspring."
    Inventorboob,

You just can't take it, can you? You hate not being the center of attention, so you have to drum up something stupid to get the discussion going. That's pretty sad. You're a grown man. Find something better to do with your time.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Hawkeye
    Inventorboob,

You just can't take it, can you? You hate not being the center of attention, so you have to drum up something stupid to get the discussion going. That's pretty sad. You're a grown man. Find something better to do with your time.

The Truth will Prevail.

Inventor

I don't know what it's going to take to keep one of these screen protector discussions focused. It seems that everyone just wants a flame war!

Well, folks, it just isn't going to happen! If you haven't got something pertinent to add to this discussion, please refrain from posting any replies here.

Antagonistic posts will not be tolerated!!!

Any further posts that bring nothing of substance to the discussion will be deleted!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I apologize in advance for cross-posting this, but I think it's warranted, especially if this thread is closed:

I've tried to bite my tongue on this issue for a long time, but now I've had it.

Why does VisorCentral charge OmniSky, Handspring and other companies for banner ad placements when Bill Warman gets free advertising by instigating new screen protector threads? Now he's even putting a VSPS.com GIF/link in his signature. This is completely unfair to your paying advertisers and affiliates.

VC is averaging about two new screen protector threads a month, typically building up to about 40 posts before they're closed. If a "screen protector" thread isn't explicitly Warman/VSPS-related in the first place, it devolves into one within a dozen posts.

A few possible remedies:
    • Warn Mr. Warman that unpaid VSPS advocacy will not be tolerated on VC, and close his account if he continues
    • Reopen the original "Better Screen Protectors" thread, and allow the debating to continue only on that thread
    • Close any and all new threads on screen protectors immediately, providing a link to the 26 existing threads on the subject -- most of which are still open
    • Create a new rule on VC prohibiting GIFs for for-profit enterprises in signatures
    • Send him an invoice for posting his VSPS.com signature ads

Certainly if the warez threads can be closed immediately, the Warman threads can as well. I hate to see a great site like VisorCentral become a phalanx for Warman's guerilla marketing tactics.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I apologize in advance for cross-posting this, but I think it's warranted, especially if this thread is closed:

I've tried to bite my tongue on this issue for a long time, but now I've had it.

Why does VisorCentral charge OmniSky, Handspring and other companies for banner ad placements when Bill Warman gets free advertising by instigating new screen protector threads? Now he's even putting a VSPS.com GIF/link in his signature. This is completely unfair to your paying advertisers and affiliates.

VC is averaging about two new screen protector threads a month, typically building up to about 40 posts before they're closed. If a "screen protector" thread isn't explicitly Warman/VSPS-related in the first place, it devolves into one within a dozen posts.

A few possible remedies:
    • Warn Mr. Warman that unpaid VSPS advocacy will not be tolerated on VC, and close his account if he continues
    • Reopen the original "Better Screen Protectors" thread, and allow the debating to continue only on that thread
    • Close any and all new threads on screen protectors immediately, providing a link to the 26 existing threads on the subject -- most of which are still open
    • Create a new rule on VC prohibiting GIFs for for-profit enterprises in signatures
    • Send him an invoice for posting his VSPS.com signature ads

Certainly if the warez threads can be closed immediately, the Warman threads can as well. I hate to see a great site like VisorCentral become a phalanx for Warman's guerilla marketing tactics.

1. I was asked to change my signature from HTML to a photo. I have done so.
    Now you do not like that. Do you want me to change it back to
    http://www.vsps.com/Logo.jpg

2. I have not promoted my product on your site. When did you hear me say Viewing Screen Protective Shield, or ViSPeeS?

3. Their was only one reason I posted this license information. Someone on a previous post wanted to know what changes was made.

4. Any time a discussion involves a "screen protector(s)" I guarantee I will be there. This is my right given to me by your government.

5. If VC does not like this logo I can post a different one. But I have heard no discussions involving others that use their logo's.

6. Please let the people that want to read a good license involving all screen protectors have access to it. The consumers will benefit from this new license. This
    should open up the markets. This should also allow competition to come into the market and drive down the price of all screen protectors.

http://www.vsps.com/license.htm

Thank You
    Inventor The Truth will Prevail.

[Edited by Inventorb on 10-01-2000 at 07:18 PM]

Just a seconded motion for all of Gameboy's suggestions!

Mike
    Again - some education about patents. It seems that the patent holder should know who has licensed his patent (if only to collect licensing fees). I would think that a patent holder would not notify his license holders by a posting on VisorCentral!!! As I have said earlier - a patient holder must aggressively pursue any infringements on his patents. He is losing money with every sale of the infringers products. Anyone infringing on the patent may elect to ignore letters claiming that someone has a patent, and let the courts determine if the patent is valid. A patent must be unique to "one skilled in the arts". However, the Patent Office has issued patents that the courts ruled later were not unique. It seems to me that NuShield and Writerights may be waiting for the patent holder to pursue legal action. If the patent holder just keeps waiting and sending letters, it sends a message to the courts. Of course the patent holder could be afraid to let the courts determine the validity of the patent, but I would not think this to true in this case. Still, it is puzzling why a patent holder would allow an infringement of his patent to continue while he is losing money?

Also - with no patent licensing fees - wouldn't the prices be even lower?

[Edited by MelHerd on 10-01-2000 at 09:47 PM]
    GreyWolf
  14.    #14  
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MelHerd
    [B]Again - some education about patents. It seems that the patent holder should know who has licensed his patent (if only to collect licensing fees). I would think that a patent holder would not notify his license holders by a posting on VisorCentral!!! As I have said earlier - a patient holder must aggressively pursue any infringements on his patents. He is losing money with every sale of the infringers products. Anyone infringing on the patent may elect to ignore letters claiming that someone has a patent, and let the courts determine if the patent is valid. A patent must be unique to "one skilled in the arts". However, the Patent Office has issued patents that the courts ruled later were not unique. It seems to me that NuShield and Writerights may be waiting for the patent holder to pursue legal action. If the patent holder just keeps waiting and sending letters, it sends a message to the courts. Of course the patent holder could be afraid to let the courts determine the validity of the patent, but I would not think this to true in this case. Still, it is puzzling why a patent holder would allow an infringement of his patent to continue while he is losing money?

Also - with no patent licensing fees - wouldn't the prices be even lower?

[Edited by Inventorb on 10-02-2000 at 12:43 AM]

I agree that if a patent holder has to take an infringement case to court, and win, he can collect damages, back fees, etc. However the initial move is with the patent holder to take an infringer to court. Otherwise, they just keep infringing on the patent, collecting their money. Still no answer on why a patent holder would sit and wait while others infringe on his patent. Seems to me waiting can only make things more difficult when legal action is taken. Patents are a means for inventors to recoup their investment on R&D, start up costs, etc., so one could assume that inventors would be interested in stopping infringment quickly. Waiting could allow infringers to possibly assume that the patent holder may not be sure his patent is valid and would stand up in court.
    GreyWolf
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by MelHerd
    I agree that if a patent holder has to take an infringement case to court, and win, he can collect damages, back fees, etc. However the initial move is with the patent holder to take an infringer to court. Otherwise, they just keep infringing on the patent, collecting their money. Still no answer on why a patent holder would sit and wait while others infringe on his patent. Seems to me waiting can only make things more difficult when legal action is taken. Patents are a means for inventors to recoup their investment on R&D, start up costs, etc., so one could assume that inventors would be interested in stopping infringment quickly. Waiting could allow infringers to possibly assume that the patent holder may not be sure his patent is valid and would stand up in court.

MelHerd:
    They would be assuming wrong. I am very happy at this licenses agreement. The consumer will benefit from it. That is my only concern at this time. In the mean time my bank account is getting larger by the day. Thanks to the Infringers. The time for legal action is not yet upon us.

The lord gives us all obstacles, but Validity is not one
    of them.

Thank You
    Inventor
    The Truth will Prevail.

Inventorb is really Mike Tyson-right?
    Closing. I said not to talk about your patent. This isn't a legal forum. If you want to go after patent violators, that's your business, but you don't need to post updates here.

Please also remember the following from the agreement when you became a forum member:

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.
    You have said that you want to discuss screen protectors, but you inevitably begin discussing your patent. Now you are soliciting people to agree to your license. In regards to your patent, I personally am neutral on that issue. It is not my place to discuss your patent, nor do I care to. If you want to discuss your patent, I suggest you make a forum on your website and let people discuss it there.

I have said in the past that if you discuss your patent, I will close/delete your message. Continuing to discuss your patent may result in your being banned from this forum.

Regards,
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836