Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 113 of 113
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I told sxtg, and I am telling you: I DON'T think you are racist. I enjoy this debate or I wouldn't be here. I appreciate your points and try to be appreciated in return.
    And I believed you and still do.

    The point made in the email is that to make discussions such as this "taboo" will further aid the problem. I happen to agree with that theory.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Thanks.
    I still like my #129 comment though
    The alter-ego tends to get out of control every now and then. (which alter-ego is out of control, depends on your point of view I guess. )
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Then they wouldn't be "law abiding" citizens.
    Also, as I have said before (and I think it is legitimate to make a case of it), a citizen who WAS born in this country can be a terrorist.
    Yes it is legitimate. McVeigh was one. Ted Kaczynski another. Eric Rudolph...

    Being a citizen shouldn't exempt one from the "terrorist" label.
    Last edited by Insertion; 05/07/2005 at 11:48 AM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Then they wouldn't be "law abiding" citizens.
    correct but when do we find out? Hopefully before tragedy, but history suggests otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Also, as I have said before (and I think it is legitimate to make a case of it), a citizen who WAS born in this country can be a terrorist.
    And that sucks also. But like mama says- Two wrongs don't make a right.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Come again? Can you produce an interview with those "immigrants" quoting them saying that they care less about the U.S. and that the U.S. can go to h**l? I would like to see some evidence that all this talk about legal and illegal immigrants' hatred and disrespect to this country holds water.
    May I ask in what area of the country you live?
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    NYC
    Then you certainly don't long for diversity

    I might suggest, next time you're out west, you take a closer look at our border towns, what you find may be a bit eye opening.
  7. #107  
    I live in seattle, and gosh darn it those Canadians are taking our land! Hockey be gone!
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    What would I find that contradicts my thinking on this issue? We've gone a full circle here.
    NO, you have gone full circle. Actually I'm not sure you moved at all.
    Last edited by sxtg; 05/07/2005 at 10:52 PM.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    What would I find that contradicts my thinking on this issue? We've gone a full circle here.
    I believe you'll find just what I and others have alluded to - a significant influx of immagrants that have no intention of assimilating to America.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Assimilation = The process whereby a minority group gradually adopts the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture (dictionary.com).
    Note the word “gradually.” I am saying that because it might take a generation to be truly assimilated into another culture. It ISN’T an excuse but rather factual. No doubt the second generation of these immigrants will consider the U.S. as their sole home because they’d have nothing to pit it against. 1st generation-immigrants tend to compare their new home with the old, An often long for their native place.
    You know what? I think you're right. All of us who actually have exposure to the problem just don't see it quite as cleary as those who are 1000's of miles away.
    Please forgive us for our ignorance
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Assimilation = The process whereby a minority group gradually adopts the customs and attitudes of the prevailing culture (dictionary.com).
    Note the word “gradually.” I am saying that because it might take a generation to be truly assimilated into another culture. It ISN’T an excuse but rather factual. No doubt the second generation of these immigrants will consider the U.S. as their sole home because they’d have nothing to pit it against. 1st generation-immigrants tend to compare their new home with the old, An often long for their native place.
    You'd think this would be the case, and it probabaly is for the majority of the country.....but as indicated in my previous post, I have significant personal experience to the contrary in the Southwest. As I mentioned previously, I have seen 4th generations that are not assimilating and based on actions have no intention of doing so.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I only hope it's a minority.
    In general terms nationwide, it most certainly is. However in the area of which I speak it is increasing significantly in numbers....

    Oh, and by the way, don't get me wrong I'm not an alarmist, just think the progression of this type of immigration warrants keeping an eye on.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I wonder why they feel that way. Most immigrants come to the U.S. to find a BETTER future; that’s what the American Dream is all about. Something must have gone awry in their lives to be so negative. Just wondering.
    Many I have come in contact with send as much money back to their relatives as possible - perhaps they see the US as only an economic fix and not a place to be from?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions