Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    But I insist that they are the minority. And this minority would not ruin, destroy and harm this powerful nation.
    Visit the bordering states. You'll see that they are not the minority of the current immigration influx.
    (Keep in mind that illegal immigrants should be kept out of my equation.)
    Ahh yes... Ignorance is bliss.

Side note; How long should we keep them out of the equation?
  2.    #82  
    They don't want this "citezenship" you speak of. They want rights without it!
    But I insist that they are the minority. And this minority would not ruin, destroy and harm this powerful nation. (Keep in mind that illegal immigrants should be kept out of my equation.)
    Side-note: Let's watch West Side Story again, shell we?
    Do a Google search on La Raza, Aztlan, MALDEF, etc.

The minority of which you speak is very, very close to advocating violence to re claim their "lost lands".
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Speaking about (negative) effects of immigration...
    Excellent example.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Do a Google search on La Raza, Aztlan, MALDEF, etc.

The minority of which you speak is very, very close to advocating violence to re claim their "lost lands".
    Throw in MEChA as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Bliss...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #87  
    Come again? Can you produce an interview with those "immigrants" quoting them saying that they care less about the U.S. and that the U.S. can go to h**l? I would like to see some evidence that all this talk about legal and illegal immigrants' hatred and disrespect to this country holds water.
    I'll ask the same of you. Provide some evidence that otherwise.

Seriously though. I see and hear everyday. I have first hand experience with the labor portion as well. This is not just me guessing. Its easy to be on the other side of the country and say "I just don't "see" what the problem is"
  8.    #88  
    Thanks Insertion.
    Bliss...

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A University of New Mexico Chicano Studies professor predicts a new, sovereign Hispanic nation within the century, taking in the Southwest and several northern states of Mexico.

Charles Truxillo suggests the “Republica del Norte,” the Republic of the North, is “an inevitability.”

He envisions it encompassing all of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and southern Colorado, plus the northern tier of Mexican states: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.

Along both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border “there is a growing fusion, a reviving of connections,” Truxillo said. “Southwest Chicanos and Norteño Mexicanos are becoming one people again.”

Truxillo, 47, has said the new country should be brought into being “by any means necessary,” but recently said it was unlikely to be formed by civil war. Instead, its creation will be accomplished by the electoral pressure of the future majority Hispanic population in the region, he said.
    http://aztlan.net/homeland.htm

10.    #90  
    Thanks again
    But I insist that they are the minority. And this minority would not ruin, destroy and harm this powerful nation. (Keep in mind that illegal immigrants should be kept out of my equation.)
    Side-note: Let's watch West Side Story again, shell we?
    "Maria - I just met a girl named Maria..."

Anyway, what's the ratio between legal and illeal immigration in the US, what are the total numbers - does anybody have some data?

In Switzerland we discuss almost exclusively illegal immigration, people who come to Switzerland asking for (political) asylum, claiming they are prosecuted in their home country. If that is the case, they are allowed to stay, if not, they should, in principle go back. In practice, this is often not possible because they don't have any papers (either because they don't have any or because they have destroyed them), and don't tell where they come from (Gabun? Benin? Ivory Coast? - Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan? Kosovo, Bosnia, Croatia? - etc.). So there are thousands of people who live from taxpayers money and do not cooperate. It can be a bit tedious, though I think it is ok to have this system in order to help those who are really prosecuted.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Who is MEChA?

From the preamble of their Constitution:
    hicano and Chicana students of Aztlan must take upon themselves the responsibilities to promote Chicanismo within the community, politicizing our Raza with an emphasis on indigenous consciousness to continue the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlan.

13.    #93  
    Some of this discussion is utterly silly. If there are people in this country (and I have mentioned Timothy Mcvay who was NOT a recent immigrant yet he hated HIS-OWN country so bad that he killed more Americans than any of the immigrants you fear of would), who'd do anything to sabotage the American Dream and ruin what this country is based on, then OF COURSE they ought to find a better place to live in. But you (and the manifesto at hand) speak of crazies not decent, fair, hardworking, law abiding immigrants who want to make this country their home.
    This is SO typically liberal. If someone points out an issue simply point somewhere else and imply that they somehow support it.
    Numbers......
    Insertion, your map has lots of numbers. Lots.
    So I conclude from it that there are two many Latinos in this country? Is that the point of this whole conversation? Is it the hidden agenda?
    Of course not. Let's not be silly. It is only to point out that there is a radical element to some, that most of the country hasn't a clue about. This is Political Correctness run amock. To even mention their may be an issue gets you vaguely (if not out right) labled a racist.

15.    #95  
    Numbers......
    Insertion, your map has lots of numbers. Lots.
    So I conclude from it that there are two many Latinos in this country? Is that the point of this whole conversation? Is it the hidden agenda?

------
    Some of this discussion is utterly silly. If there are people in this country (and I have mentioned Timothy Mcvay who was NOT a recent immigrant yet he hated HIS-OWN country so bad that he killed more Americans than any of the immigrants you fear of would), who'd do anything to sabotage the American Dream and ruin what this country is based on, then OF COURSE they ought to find a better place to live in. But you (and the manifesto at hand) speak of crazies not decent, fair, hardworking, law abiding immigrants who want to make this country their home.
    Nobody said anything about these people
    Geez
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Of course not. Let's not be silly. It is only to point out that there is a radical element to some, that most of the country hasn't a clue about. This is Political Correctness run amock. To even mention their may be an issue gets you vaguely (if not out right) labled a racist.
    AMEN! That was a huge point in the original email I posted.
    If you are against ANY type of immigration than say so. Otherwise, regarding illegal immigrants, there's got to be a system to deal with this problem. And, as clulup mentioned, some illegal immigrants have serious reasons to find a home.
    Cripes, this is lunacy. My mother was born in Japan, but she disn't sneak across the border, and assemble a group of radicals bent on taking over parts of the US. What is so hard to see here? Why does being against a radical movement mean I am against immigration?

This is an annoying tactic used by some. Dare to say anything negative about an issue, and your "anti-this", "anti-that." Simply amazing...

Good, so that is established. 'Cuz the map Insertion has provided INCLUDED the decent, fair, hardworking, law abiding immigrants who want to make this country their home.
    The map was part of a series of posts I was trying to make. It is an Aztlan map. With further post to point out who and what they stand for.

OK.
    I am known to speak faster than my brain thinks. I have had this disability since birth....
    My apologies: Second time.
    Apology accepted.

20.    #100  
    Good, so that is established. 'Cuz the map Insertion has provided INCLUDED the decent, fair, hardworking, law abiding immigrants who want to make this country their home.
    My comment will blur the lines a bit so bare with it OK?
    The terrorists also had;
    "decent, fair, hardworking, law abiding immigrants in this country."
    One could safely assume that not all of them wanted to make this thier home
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast