Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050301277.html

From the article: "In more than 50 years of direct engagement in and observation of the major news media I have never encountered anything remotely like the fear and loathing lavished on us by opinion mongers in these world-class newspapers in the past 40 days. If I had a $5 bill for every time the word "frightening" and its close lexicographical kin have appeared in the Times and The Post, with an accusatory finger pointed at the Christian right, I could take my stack to the stock market."

Glenn Reynods of Instapundit writes: "Yeah. I disagree with the Christian Right on most of the hot-button issues, but I don't think that they're indistinguishable from the Taliban, though one hears such overheated rhetoric all the time. I can't help but think that the mainstream press would be far more sensitive to avoid stereotyping blacks, Muslims, or gays."
  2.    #2  
    "I am not a Christian, or even a religious believer, and my opinions on social issues are decidedly middle-of-the-road. So why do I find myself rooting for the "religious right"? I suppose it is because I am put off by self-righteousness, closed-mindedness, and contempt for democracy and pluralism--all of which characterize the opposition to the religious right."

Tartanto nails my position on this with this column:
    http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110006648
    Yawn...all these Ditto-heads sound alike. Wouldn't you feel more at home over at FreeRepublic?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Yawn...all these Ditto-heads sound alike. Wouldn't you feel more at home over at FreeRepublic?
    I feel as home there as I'm sure you do at Democratic Underground or the Daily Kos.
    My point was that you never post anything at TreoCentral but these foam-at-the-mouth rightwing diatribes. Do you even own a Treo? Don't you think that you'd have a better chance of actually posting something useful if you were in a forum dedicated to politics?
    My point was that you never post anything at TreoCentral but these foam-at-the-mouth rightwing diatribes. Do you even own a Treo?
    To be fair Bill, 1911 is posting in the Off Topic...so its pretty much open to whatever you want to post.

Don't you think that you'd have a better chance of actually posting something useful if you were in a forum dedicated to politics?
    Useful? Isnt that a relative term. I am sure you could find all sorts of posts that arent really useful.

I particularily like his posts...it gives a good balance to DaThomas (I really do like both, and I mean no ill will )
    You're right, this is the off-topic forum; he can post whatever he likes. I just found it curious that he never posts anywhere else on TC.
    All columnists are mindless hand-puppets, would you rather Dan ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    All columnists are mindless hand-puppets, would you rather Dan ?
    Yes. I would.

On that note, if you want to see something spooky, check out chapter two of this Frontline episode Karl Rove, The Architect . Yes. That's Dan Rather interviewing Rove when he was a College Republican. Wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Dan is a columnist? Since when?
    Or should we say investigative journalist. ....hahaha

11.    #11  
    My point was that you never post anything at TreoCentral but these foam-at-the-mouth rightwing diatribes. Do you even own a Treo? Don't you think that you'd have a better chance of actually posting something useful if you were in a forum dedicated to politics?
    Your reference to "foam at the mouth rightwing diatribes" is EXACTLY the sort of intolerance this thread is about. Besides, didn't you see my incisive post in the musical intrument topic yesterday?

I came here after I bought a 650. The thing does everything I need and hasn't caused me any problems. What would I have to write about?

I did note the left was well represented in the off topic forum, and engaged in the debate. As far as the usefulness of my posts, that is up for forum members to decide. They can engage in discussion, ignore me, or take shots from the cheap seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    I have season tickets
    Tolerence - what a concept....
    1911, tell me what that little flashing * thingie is in the upper left of my Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    1911, tell me what that little flashing * thingie is in the upper left of my Treo.
    Har!
    No attacks now, were all family here !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    No attacks now, were all family here !
    Not attacking, but since he seems to need some sort of justification to be here...thought I'd give it to him.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How come if I dont plug my Treo into the charger the battery runs dead
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19.    #19  
    The flashing asterisk is an indicator that you are being bomabarded with thought control rays and to double the amount of tin foil you're wearing

Or it means that your Treo has a message for you.
    Not attacking, but since he seems to need some sort of justification to be here...thought I'd give it to him.
    Isnt that just the point. We don't need justification to be here (and I don't care if someone doesnt have a treo...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast