Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Nice!! A Mandolin!

A few days ago I popped it open to figure out the wiring and have since soldered on a capacitor to one of the pots, thus creating a tone pot.

If only there was a modification I could do to my hands/brain to play better :P
    Yep. I fiddle about with both the mandolin and the banjo. My dad played mandolin as well. Kind of a neat toy. The banjo is another story. I love playing it, but I'm nowhere nears proficient on it. I can play it. And not much more.

Your picture reminds me of my high school days. My parents bought me a Gibson Les Paul, which by the time I got rid of it, had been sanded down, gutted, repotted, rewired...man I tore that thing up. I bought a Gibson Melody Maker in high school, and that was a lot easier to work on. Similar to a strat where all the guts are on the pickguard. Much easier to work with when you can just take off the pickgaurd and flip it over, rather than working in a small cavity.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Nice!! A Mandolin!

As I learn more and more about my guitar, I appreciate it and enjoy playing it even more. I bought a '97 Fender Squier Supersonic (yes, still made in Japan!) from Ebay for 250 last June. It's got a silver sparkle finish, very very gaudy, but the neck is fantastic and it plays really well (or so I think, since I lack experience). My friend Colin has a great page on all of his guitars:

http://colin.rawmaw.com/guitarra/colin/colin.html

A few days ago I popped it open to figure out the wiring and have since soldered on a capacitor to one of the pots, thus creating a tone pot.

If only there was a modification I could do to my hands/brain to play better :P
    Who the hell needs a tone control?
    Guitarist only need a volume dial with two settings... "off" and "ten".
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    I can get a decent sound out of reed instruments (and flute actually), but why would I want to?

Trumpet humor for those who don't know
    Laffs...
    And as a guitar player...
    I would leave my girlfriend...
    But then I would be homeless!

Insertion, with that mandolin you are all set to hit the road playing "Im your captain" by GFRR everywhere you go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Insertion, with that mandolin you are all set to hit the road playing "Im your captain" by GFRR everywhere you go!
    Ha! I'm getting to old for that lifestyle anymore. More like sittin' on the porch with a fat Punch cigar.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Play the guitar.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    wow, did this thread really have a 4.5 year posting gap?

Drums, 40 plus years...

but, what was the point of this thread in the first place? ;-)
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Alto Sax, playing for ten years, ever since sixth grade. Love jazz, and marching band music. Played in plenty of band festivals and football games. Even went to march in the Tournament of Roses Parade.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123