1.    #1  
    http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/...0505020944.asp

The best paragraph:

The notion that conservative Christians want to reinstitute slavery and rule by genocide is not just crazy, it’s downright dangerous. The most disturbing part of the Harper’s cover story (the one by Chris Hedges) was the attempt to link Christian conservatives with Hitler and fascism. Once we acknowledge the similarity between conservative Christians and fascists, Hedges appears to suggest, we can confront Christian evil by setting aside “the old polite rules of democracy.” So wild conspiracy theories and visions of genocide are really excuses for the Left to disregard the rules of democracy and defeat conservative Christians — by any means necessary.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Yawn.
  3.    #3  
    Are you a Redskins fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Yawn.
    Ahhhh...So that's what the Seminole dude is doing!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Religion is the ultimate political tool of all time. Frist's "Filibuster equals immorality" is just another rendition. I dont care if its dems or repubs, its sleazy to use religion to buy votes at the expense of the "immoral" opponent.

http://pewforum.org/news/display.php?NewsID=4721
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 05/02/2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/...0505020944.asp

The best paragraph:

The notion that conservative Christians want to reinstitute slavery and rule by genocide is not just crazy, it’s downright dangerous. The most disturbing part of the Harper’s cover story (the one by Chris Hedges) was the attempt to link Christian conservatives with Hitler and fascism. Once we acknowledge the similarity between conservative Christians and fascists, Hedges appears to suggest, we can confront Christian evil by setting aside “the old polite rules of democracy.” So wild conspiracy theories and visions of genocide are really excuses for the Left to disregard the rules of democracy and defeat conservative Christians — by any means necessary.
    Hey 1911: is the national review a conservative publication? Its ok if it is. I only ask so I can use that as a backdrop while I read the article
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hey 1911: is the national review a conservative publication? Its ok if it is. I only ask so I can use that as a backdrop while I read the article
    Absolutely. An acknowledged publication where the authors post their biographies and their biases. As opposed to the fever swamps of the left, that are spinning another conspiracy theory. (I hope this one is as effective at turning out conservatives at Hillarys! "VRWC".)

You'll note the author links to the Harper's piece in question. Judge for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    (I hope this one is as effective at turning out conservatives at Hillarys! "VRWC".)
    What is VRWC?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    What is VRWC?
    The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy...the guys that put Monica in the White House as an intern, gave John Huang a Top Secret clearance in the Commerce Department, transferred missile and nuclear weapons technology to the CHICOMS and caused the AIDS epidemic (During Reagan's term.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    not all blondes are dumb (I didn't say we were in the first place!)
    But some are

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But some are
    So dumb that they can't write their own messages and have to use photoshop to put them on there!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    So dumb that they can't write their own messages and have to use photoshop to put them on there!
    Yeah! What he said!