Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "... treat voters like children. It's the basis of their philosophy."

LAT is unforunately a registered link: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,2090628.story

"That's the whole basis of Democratic philosophy (I use the term loosely). We'll take care of you. Leave the thinking to us. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, minority leaders of the House and Senate, respectively, — kindly Mom and Pop to a nation of intellectually limited youngsters. (But thank goodness, they love us anyway.) "

What's got into the LAT lately? Must be the tens of thousands of subscriptions they lost? Or maybe it was the fact they were inflating circulation numbers in order to keep ad rates high. Anyway, they're publishing Gelertner regularly.
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 05/02/2005 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Title was truncated
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    LAT is unforunately a registered link: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,2090628.story

"That's the whole basis of Democratic philosophy (I use the term loosely). We'll take care of you. Leave the thinking to us. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, minority leaders of the House and Senate, respectively, — kindly Mom and Pop to a nation of intellectually limited youngsters. (But thank goodness, they love us anyway.) "

What's got into the LAT lately? Must be the tens of thousands of subscriptions they lost? Or maybe it was the fact they were inflating circulation numbers in order to keep ad rates high. Anyway, they're publishing Gelertner regularly.
    Liberal Democrat, thinking ? An oxymoron

3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Yawn
    Hey now, the Times still has a great Sports section!

(RIP Jim Murray)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Uniters not dividers eh?

And edited to add, yes, *yawn*.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Uniters not dividers eh?

And edited to add, yes, *yawn*.
    You guys are so funny. LOL

I usually stay clear of the 'Off Topic' threads but whenever I want to get a good laugh, its a great place to be.
  7.    #7  
    Hmmmm, you mean uniters like a sitting US Senator calling the leader of a Christian group the Anti-Christ?

Do you remember when Al Gore referred to "Extra Chromosome" Republicans?

I loved Barney Frank's reference to "the Republican Taliban". (The irony of that statement is almost overhwhelming. Were Republicans really the Taliban, he would have been a dead man the second he set foot in the House.)

The Democrat's favorite Kleagle, Robert C. Byrd is good for a few hateful soundbites as well.

So, when confronted with a different perspective on your philosphy all you can do is yawn? Hmmmm. Maybe I should add that to the "Why Democrats are getting flogged all over the country" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Hey now, the Times still has a great Sports section!

(RIP Jim Murray)

Jim Murray, he was great! Him and Chick Hearn, may they both rest in peace.
    Hmmmm, you mean uniters like a sitting US Senator calling the leader of a Christian group the Anti-Christ?

Do you remember when Al Gore referred to "Extra Chromosome" Republicans?

I loved Barney Frank's reference to "the Republican Taliban". (The irony of that statement is almost overhwhelming. Were Republicans really the Taliban, he would have been a dead man the second he set foot in the House.)

The Democrat's favorite Kleagle, Robert C. Byrd is good for a few hateful soundbites as well.

So, when confronted with a different perspective on your philosphy all you can do is yawn? Hmmmm. Maybe I should add that to the "Why Democrats are getting flogged all over the country" thread.
    The Religious Right is so close to the taliban it's frightening. Seriously.
    The Religious Right is so close to the taliban it's frightening. Seriously.
    ...and Atheist are so close to Satan its even more frightening. Seriously!
    Haven't noticed any large groups of atheists running around imposing their beliefs on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Jim Murray, he was great! Him and Chick Hearn, may they both rest in peace.
    Chick is rolling in his grave right about now after this season..."The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's
    getting hard, and the jello's jigglin"

Well, Vin Scully is still with us.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Haven't noticed any large groups of atheists running around imposing their beliefs on others.
    What does an atheist believe in??

The "We're Smart, You're Dumb Principle: The ugly truth is that your title was too long.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What does an atheist believe in??
    n : someone who denies the existence of a god or gods

What else would they believe in?

Are you confusing them with agnostics?
    Your right! (OMG did I say that)

But they do spend a tremendous amount of time trying to restrict the beliefs OF others
    n : someone who denies the existence of a god or gods

What else would they believe in?

Are you confusing them with agnostics?
    It was meant as satire, or irony...and no, I know full well what an agnostic is.

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Your right! (OMG did I say that)

But they do spend a tremendous amount of time trying to restrict the beliefs OF others
    How so?
    Perhaps remove the presence would have been better than "restric"
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Perhaps remove the presence would have been better than "restric"
    I believe you're referring to the First amendment which A LOT of people on this board can't seem to grasp. To summarize, your individual right to express your religious belief is a GOOD thing. The gov't endorsing a religion is a BAD thing.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast