Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Fair enough. I still have yet to see the government trying to "establish" a christian state. The only thing I see is quite the contrary. These debates are always started by someone trying to remove the presence of christianity in efforts to create a NON-christian state.
    Isnt that the point of all of this . The founding fathers (arguably) wanted a non-christian state that allowed religion but did not establish a state religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    On a different note...It makes it extremely important how you define life. All the policy implications hinge on it. For example, how far along is she. 6 weeks, 8 weeks? At what stage would you consider the baby to not be a baby? I am sure that shopharim could tell us the different stages.
    That's clulup's department.
    other people's beliefs that life does not start until you start coming out of the womb?
    I bet much of these same people would lay down in front of a backhoe to protect a seedling.
    I dont know about that but you have to draw the line somewhere, the courts are put in a lose/lose situation by considering the medical evidence, the policy ramifications and their own moral code.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    So you think the bashing of the "religious right" is not an attempt to oppress them, not an attempt to drive them into the closet "where they belong"? A bit naive don't you think?
    Nobody is trying to push them into the closet, just trying to keep them out of my bedroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Nobody is trying to push them into the closet, just trying to keep them out of my bedroom.
    Has it really gotten that out of hand in Seattle? You act like the government is attaching a cross to your front door as we speak.
    You get it, but I will explain anyway.

I don't go to China expecting to see my religion at all, let alone with equal presence.
    Yea, you won't see any religion. They have no rights.

Sounds like you're suggesting christianity is the national religion which is just frightening.

You live in THE melting pot. Get used to that idea.
    Has it really gotten that out of hand in Seattle? You act like the government is attaching a cross to your front door as we speak.
    And if the religious right had their way they would.
    So you admit then that they are not?
    So you admit then that they are not?
    Admit they are attacking the moderate conservatives to push their religious agenda under the guise of being under assault themselves. Yes, they are.
    Admit they are attacking the moderate conservatives to push their religious agenda under the guise of being under assault themselves. Yes, they are.
    Dagnabbit, they ain't-a pushing me around!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Your entire protest is about "what IF" Pretty lame!
  13.    #133  
    Whipping the religious right into a frenzy was done by Karl Rove. Watch Frontline. Besides, the definition of religious right leends itself to bbeing frenzied doesn't it?
    Watch Frontline? Oh yeah, the Proletariat Broadcast Service. I'm sure that it was a fair and balanced view of how you guys lost your butts.

And the anti-religious left have never been "whipped into a frenzy"? George Soros and his cohorts didn't buy enough media that would have made Leni Refenstal (sp?) swoon? The Moveon ads were rational discourse? Farenheit 9/11 wasn't a clarion call for the fellow travellers?

That's just it, isn't it? You guys just can not stand competition. Anyone who opposes the leftist agenda is just a bible thumping red necked *****. Right out of Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".

And please explain how the definition of the religious right lends itself to being frenzied. That is perhaps the most nonsensical thing you've written on these boards, which is a powerful statement.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Who's anti-religious? Some of us just don't want your religion in our lives and government -- i.e., get it out of my government. That doesn't make us anti-religious. Practice all you want; just don't put prayers and 'God' -- which represents Christianity (e.g., not everybody), into secular texts.

It's obvious where you stand: any anti-conservative viewpoint must've been cooked up by Michael Moore. Get a perspective, for once. Fox News is far and away not a reliable news source, nor should it be your only news source for a fair and balanced view.

All you can muster is some rambling about losing or some crap, which is completely off-topic. Indeed, if it was about that, then you hardly won at all! It was no landslide; nearly half of the voting populous did NOT vote for that puppet. And no, Kerry's no Liberal either.

This country is so far Right, 1911sforever's chortle come off as Centrist. Maybe you should take that into account.
    Crap, after reading this thread, I'm starting to think both Sean Hannity AND Jeanine Garofalo are members of TreoCentral...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    This country is so far Right, Maybe you should take that into account.
    Back at ya!!!

When in Rome....
    When in Rome....
    Visit the Pope
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I just said the pharmacist shouldnt be able to discriminate on who he sells to...not what he stocks on his shelves.
    T2 have you never seen the sign "we reserve the right to refuse service to sanyone"? Any business has the right to not serve whomever they choose. It's their business. You want the government laying out operating procedures for businesses down to a list of who they can serve? Gimme a break.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Crap, after reading this thread, I'm starting to think both Sean Hannity AND Jeanine Garofalo are members of TreoCentral...
    TeeHeHe
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Typical conservative tactic: ignore information, take a quote of context and then use it as a misguided insult at that.

sigh.

Originally Posted by iomatic
    This country is so far Right, Maybe you should take that into account.

Back at ya!!!

When in Rome....
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast