1.    #1  
    I have MS and captain an MS Walk team that will be walking at the Philadelphia Art Museum this Sunday, May 1st @ 10 AM. It is a 4, 6, or 8 mile walk with proceeds sponsoring research to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. MS is an auto-immune disease that attacks nerves in a person's brain and spinal cord and cause problems such as numbness, paralysis, and blindness among other things. It is incurable.

Our team is always looking for more walkers or sponsors. If you are interested, either email me at TreoCentral or check out my website www.oldcityposse.org. It has the NMSS website framed in case you would like to either sponsor the team or register for the event online. I am being sponsored by Verizon to have everything I raise matched 1:1.

I thought I'd throw this up here because I find it amazing how many persons I meet whose families are affected by this disease. I was personally diagnosed with the disease in 2001 as have over 400,000 Americans and 2,500,000 people worldwide.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob-C; 04/26/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Donated and bumped!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Donated and bumped!
    Ditto. Good luck Bob-C!
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys!!
    I also have MS (diagnosed in december) & recently participated in a walk/run in tampa (i live in clearwater FL).
    thanx to everyone who has/will be participating in/donating to help research/treat & hopfully cure this disabling disease.
    john
  6.    #6  
    Hang in there John and we will keep walking.
  7.    #7  
    I am in my fifth year now of the MS Walk and am looking for sponsorship once again. All donations are tax deductible and are matched by my corporation. It is a worthy cause and a great way to give hope to the over 2,000,000 people stricken with this disease. If you can help out again this year. We would all appreciate it. My site is once again at:

http://oldcityposse.org

Thx,

Bob
    good luck bob......sister in laws family is doing it in NY next week?
    HI Bob-
    Already donated earlier this week to my cousin and his mom. They both have MS and my cousin is walking here in the chicago area.
    Vinnie
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys. It's great to see people all over the country involved with this. The whole cause seems to be getting more widespread visibility over the last few years.

John - I hope your cousin and my mom are doing well with their health. On a side note, I was at the Art Museum today setting up for the Walk tomorrow. I was talking to a friend whose mom has had MS for 20 years. The left side of her body has been completely immobile for the last 10. She decided to go on Tysabri at the end of last year. That was the drug that was taken off the market a few years ago after a few people died horribly from a brain disease it was linked to named PML. To make a long story short they THINK it will not happen again if you don't combine it with any other MS drugs. She felt it was a complete no brainer to take the risk given the quality of life she had been left in. Around Xmas she was able to move her leg and arm for the first time in 10 years. They called it their Xmas miracle. She has continued to be on it and has been regaining more mobility. Hopefully she'll continue to do well and hopefully less risky drugs like this will be produced through funding from this event.
  11.    #11  
    Hey - I just wanted to get back to all of you and let you know how well my team did in the walk. With my corporation's matching plan and everyone's generous help, we raised a total of just over $21,000. It was the third highest team total in the PA/DE region. I appreciate your support as well as everyone else out there battling MS.

As for me, I have been under good control. I just talked to my neurologist last week and she gave me some encouraging news. Right now I get an infusion of immunoglobulin every month that takes four hours to complete. She told me that she been investigating a new method that would only take about thirty minutes. "WOW!!", was my reaction! She is not promising me yet but did say she could at least cut it down to two hours. Not a cure but you take your victories where you can.

I hope that everyone else's families are doing well too.

Take care & thank you all again.

Bob