1.    #1  
    I use Spy Sweeper and Ad-Aware for spyware, Norton for virus protection and diskeeper for defragging my drives.

Namely I'm asking this question because I'm looking for 2 apps in particular; an app that cleans up the registry, and an app that lists the programs that run at start-up and then lets me remove the unwanted ones.

Any recommendations?
    1 | 2
    do a google search for registry cleaner, they have several available most with free trials. as for the start up you can go to start menu > all programs > startup > there is a list of programs run on startup. now go to each program into the pref. and uncheck the option to start when windows start.

hope this helps
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Actually, it didn't

I know for a fact more programs start-up then what's in the startup folder, I was looking for something a little more comprehensive that included ALL the apps that run at start-up and that lets me remove them.

Thanks for the google tip! Not exactly a 'recommendation' but I'll keep it in mind. j/k
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    I use Spy Sweeper and Ad-Aware for spyware, Norton for virus protection and diskeeper for defragging my drives.

Namely I'm asking this question because I'm looking for 2 apps in particular; an app that cleans up the registry, and an app that lists the programs that run at start-up and then lets me remove the unwanted ones.

Any recommendations?
    Download.com has many registry cleaners to choose from, free and trial versions. It's run by Cnet, so it's a reliable site. They usually list the major software as well as some open-source too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Thanks for the google tip! Not exactly a 'recommendation' but I'll keep it in mind. j/k
    Yeah, not a good recommendation. I use Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite and Codestuff Starter http://codestuff.mirrorz.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    Yeah, not a good recommendation. I use Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite and Codestuff Starter http://codestuff.mirrorz.com/

IMO google is actually some of the best advice to give anybody looking for damn near anything. search and ye shall find.

Palm Pre (Sprint)