• Pay whatever the guy asks for

0 0%
  • Don't pay anything "cya in court!"

33 97.06%
  • Try offering something around $250 -- if rejected, "sorry, cya in court!"

1 2.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    que?
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    what did they do to your car...im a mechanic just curious
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    what did they do to your car...im a mechanic just curious
    See pic! Gimme some info bro Those items listed on there & associated labor do not look like they're worth $1000 right??? Top section is our initial list of stuff we wanted checked out bottom is bill.. A B C is what they told us was covered. **D is what we approved for that cost over the phone. Stuff in section **E is BS we didn't request any of that. (the numbers 1.00, 0.30, 0.50, 0.20, etc on almost every line 1/3 from the left side are labor times in hours)

------
    Took the car to another place today for the check engine light that came back.... They said it was the secondary air pump causing the error code. Guy replaced the relay associated with it and it just blew out.

Gonna get some quotes for it, or maybe call a junkyard for the part and do it myself -- looks pretty easy to get too and not too complicated to switch out. From a brief googling, it looks like it costs anywhere from 4-6 hundy new.

The dealership said on the receipt that they removed and reinstalled this part (not replaced).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joebar; 04/25/2005 at 11:07 PM.

1) Is this a dealer warranty or a 3rd party warranty. If it's a 3rd party warranty, this is SOP - standard opertating procedure. here's how their logic works. I had car in for complete service and checkout before vacation trip. all fluids topped off. Following day on way to Lake George, tranny seal blows out, loses fluid and tranny goes south. warranty company offers to pay $15 cost of seal. Mya dvice never get a 3rd party warranty.

2) The only issue here is what loyalty do you have to the dealer. Legally they don't have a leg to stand on, so the only question is how much do you need them ? If it's your 4th car from these dudes and they've treated you well over the years, then it's in your best interests to come to a compromise. If that's the case I'd go for half the difference between the price you paid and the full total. If you don't need 'em, walk and wave goodbye. In my case, the dealers I use treat me very well. I get loaners, they chop 1/3 off the labor on most "something broke" visits and they treat me very well on purchases. The last car I bought for example, my wife's 11 year old car literally dies in the delaership driveway. I walked in and said, listen I have to leave here with a car in 6 minutes. He showed me a list, I took a 1 year old Intrepid (his daughters car) with 11k on it and I didn't know what it cost me for 2 weeks until i returned from my trip. At that dealer, I'd want to be accomodating.....if I had no such relationship, I'd be less inclined to try and pay for their mistake.
    isn't this discussion over yet?! You have a bill IN WRITING, you paid it. END OF STORY, you don't owe them anything.
  6.    #46  
    Jack,

1) it's a "certified pre-owned" extended 2 year mfg. warranty. The car is a 1999. Bought in 03 warranty went to 05

2) no relationship, no loyalty

If he ever does call back, I'm gonna tell him to screw off.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    If he ever does call back, I'm gonna tell him to screw off.
    Woohoo...I had the right answer last week
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    1000$ is crazy for that work....as far as the secondary air pump goes if they didn't replace it that's defantly a prob but I'm confused how did it "blow" a relay sure it wasn't a fuse I'm guessing you have a vw with the 2.0L engine the pumps go all the time don't get it from the junkyard not worth the money if you really want to buy one your self goto www.germanautoparts.com the strut mounts that they did was a good price, as far as the vac. line kit that was a vw recall (dont quote me on that I don't know what model car u have) the other stuff is all b.s. stuff (low dollar) I wouldn't pay the dealer there sick if your around jersey come to my shop were mostly alfa romeo/ferarri but I'm a huge vw fan and make sure they get love at my shop (ive had like 4 corrados,2 GTi) anyway sorry if this didn't make much sense but I'm on my treo so I can't really look back on what I'm writing if yyou (or anyone else)ever need mechanical advice feel free to e-mail me @ protosparts@hotmail.com
  9.    #49  
    Clown, I emailed you.. thx

10.    #50  
    Claire reminded me in another thread -- forgot to update this.... As of post #40 above, he said he was gonna call me back with a solution fair to both of us..

Well, 5 weeks later and I haven't heard from them. Guess he thought better of it and decided to let it go. They tried to get it out of me at first (and surely would have loved it if I gave in right away and paid), but once I firmly said it's unfair and I'm not paying it -- they backed off..

Moral: Don't let tha man muscle you around! and always have a receipt!

WTF does this have to do with the Treo? Go find the people's Court BB!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    If you took the time to read the entire thread, you would know he has been having trouble with his Treo 2.0L
    Hey Forrest we are in the off topic section. It doesnt have to be about the treo
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Other Areas of Interest\Off Topic no less...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What exactly is a Gasmeister??
    Simply put, you have a receipt from the dealership. You paid the total that was on the receipt. Thus, you owe them nothing. I also wouldn't offer them a thing. It's not your fault.

In short, they did the work, failing to check your warranty, told you no charge and put no charge on the reciept. You paid what you were quoted and what was on the receipt. They can't change that after the fact. You owe them nothing.

I can't imagine they'd try to take this to court - it would cost them more to fight it. I would, however, check your credit report in a few months.

Pamela
  17.    #57  
    Man, if my peeps above didn't already address this idiotic post, there'd be about 18 f-bombs from me dropping on you right now.

18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    I can't imagine they'd try to take this to court - it would cost them more to fight it. I would, however, check your credit report in a few months.
    Yeah planning on it..... Not like I need credit anymore though, after buying my house 2 years ago F em

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123