Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1.    #1  
    At about 2pm yesterday, I was abducted by a group of men. I was blindfolded and thrown in the back of a small truck. I think it was one of those bio-diesel thingies because it smelled like french fry grease as we drove and didn’t have much power. I think I was taken east of town to a commercial building where I was tied to a chair in a small room. When the blindfold was removed, I was surrounded by a bunch of TVs and movie screens, and for the next six hours was bombarded with CNN, Chris Matthews and NPR all at volume levels that were almost unbearable. They kept showing the movie Bambi over and over. Every time there was an image of the President, or Condie or anyone from the administration, I was given an electric shock. I was told that this was all part of my Indoctrination and Re-education.
    After hours of this, I was exhausted and crying and the TV and movies and noise were all turned off and I was given a croissant, some brie and two warm bottles of Perrier. As I was eating, a lawyer from the ACLU came in to talk with me. He was there to assure me that my plight was nothing like that of Ward Churchill. No First Amendment issue, no academic freedom things, but that I had simple broken the rules. He told me that I was out of control and needed to be “dealt with.”
    After I had eaten, there was two more hours of the audio and video barrage. Then it all stopped. I was blindfolded again and loaded into a car and dumped in an alley behind the old Post Office. As the car was driving away, I took off the blindfold and noticed that it was a black Renault with diplomatic plates.
    I think what I learned from this ordeal is that since we really don’t know the people reading our posts, all we can do is judge each other by the words we use. I am going to try to be more thoughtful in how I express myself. I also found out that things are not always fair, or that we are all not treated equally with regard to our opinions. If I personally offended anyone, I am sorry.
    Dominique, nique, nique…errr…I cant get that darn song from The Singing Nun out of my head.

    Peace Out

    claire
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #2  
    Viva La France!!! Who's with me!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    Can you still get Oui magazine?? I must brush up on my French...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #4  
    Good to have you back. We thought aliens abducted you. I guess it was worse than we thought.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5. #5  
    JEEBUS that was scary!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    ...I think it was one of those bio-diesel thingies because it smelled like french fry grease as we drove and didn’t have much power...
    Couldn't have been. Those only run on Freedom Fry grease.
  7. #7  
    I take one day off from TC, and I come back to this!?!? What the hell happened when I was gone???
    I'm back!
  8. #8  
    Nothing...it was all a dream.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I take one day off from TC, and I come back to this!?!? What the hell happened when I was gone???
    Wait a minute!

    Where WERE you at 2PM yesterday, jmill72x?!?
  10. #10  
    Sounds like a great script for "24".
    Glad you're back.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11. #11  
    CG I hope they haven't taken away your sense of humor. It is a Treo forum not the Spanish Inquisition, and I for one will try to appreciate the funny things you say, even if they are pointed at me. All the best!
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 04/08/2005 at 12:03 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Wait a minute!

    Where WERE you at 2PM yesterday, jmill72x?!?
    Coming back from an interview. Don't tell anyone.

    Suspected French terrorists on 24? I'm not sure that would be as dramatic. What would they do, threaten to take away our supply of Perrier?

    I'm suspecting there is a thread somewhere that explains all of this.
    I'm back!
  13. #13  
    Welcome back - did they have "ways of making you talk"
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'm suspecting there is a thread somewhere that explains all of this.
    Yes, here

    Welcome back Cgrrl. I agree with CD and cellmatrix that despite your opinions (LOL), your humor and raw-freshness are a great asset to TC.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Welcome back - did they have "ways of making you talk"
    Wrong question. Did they make her quiet?! (OK, just kidding kido)
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  16. #16  
    CG, as you know, I too, do not always share your opinions, but was horrified whan you had suddenly disappeared, because as others have stated here, part of the reason we like to post in the non-Treo related areas, is because we all have varied opinions on issues, and that is what makes this country, and we thought this forum, a great place.

    I am really glad your back, and look forward to more witty posts and threads with you in them.

    wb ClaireGrll
    Rewards Network

    Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

    Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

    Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  17. hsk
    hsk is offline
    hsk's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G
    CG, as you know, I too, do not always share your opinions, but was horrified whan you had suddenly disappeared...
    I am really glad your back
    Yeah, me too, I'd always thought Colorado was granola country, but guess not.

    With respect to your incident, I thought freedom of speech (was that the first amendment, not being American, I can't remember) was a basic tenet (kind of like the right to have assault weapons to blow everyone who doesn't agree with you away). Shocking that you can get censored on the Internet (as in don't believe anything you read on the 'net because anyone can post anything they want). Welcome back, I didn't really think you'd deleted all your posts, even if it looked like it.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    Yeah, me too, I'd always thought Colorado was granola country, but guess not.

    With respect to your incident, I thought freedom of speech (was that the first amendment, not being American, I can't remember) was a basic tenet (kind of like the right to have assault weapons to blow everyone who doesn't agree with you away). Shocking that you can get censored on the Internet (as in don't believe anything you read on the 'net because anyone can post anything they want). Welcome back, I didn't really think you'd deleted all your posts, even if it looked like it.
    I side with clairegrrl politically but you misunderstand the first amendment...

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

    Key word there being CONGRESS...not treocentral.

    the private sector may limit speech.
  19. #19  
    I have a feeling Clairegrrl is not going to be posting much anymore.
    What a shame...
    She made me laff...

    Now I am stuck looking at Chicks picture and wondering how the hell she got her left forearm to rotate so far laterally...
    I have always wanted to date a contortionist...
    Or possibly knot... They never give a straight answer... but i have heard they will bend over backwards for you if you need them.

    Please do not banish me!! I have nothing against the art of contortion and the spineless folks who practice it.
    Hey... I even have a friend who contorts!!
  20. #20  
    oh boy - how terrible - thought she is still with us and that's what counts
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions