Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    That is the same argument that was used in 1987 when Florida first passed their concealed carry law. It would be Dodge City. There would be firefights in every parking lot. Hundreds would DIE! Almost 20 years later, 30+ states have the same law, and none of that has come to pass. You guys really just don't trust people, do you?
    Do you trust people? I guess not, or otherwise you would not need that gun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    I would much rather have energy spent at revamping/updating/maintaining a legal system that does not encourage a blood-for-blood attitude such as this. There is a body of the populace that is comitted to upholding the law and protecting the residents. The police are trained and properly equipped to deal with altercations of various types, whereas the average person is NOT. I fear this bill is a step backwards in curbing crime and increasing protection, ESPECIALLY with the ambiguous wording of "appropriate" action. It also seems as a great cover for potential racial/hate crimes, but we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. Maybe nothing will change.
    Here's news...the police are not there to protect you, but to enforce the law. If those two things overlap, all is well. But tell me, do you have 24 hours police protection? (Do you even want to live in a country that would provide that level of "safety"?) Generally the police arrive just in time to draw a white chalk outline around a body and take a few statements.

There is very little ambiguity in a situation where a criminal is holding you at knifepoint. What you're arguing here is that people shouldn't have the capacity to effectively defend themselves...that a raped woman strangled with her own panties is morally superior to a woman that carries a gun to defend herself.

Citizens will still be subject to indictment and prosecution if they misuse their right of self-defense, just like they are now. Nothing will change, except maybe the attitudes of those that prey upon productive members of society.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    1911sforever

Just out of curiousity do you come here to start us vs. them threads? Cause as far as I can tell the only post from you that shows you even own a Treo is back in Feb. your very first post! Since then you have posted nothing but political. In a sense you are not much better than "Nudist".

Be of some use instead of a nuisance.
    And where has the Nude one been lately?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And where has the Nude one been lately?
    Probaly trying with all his might to muster up some dirt on (R)s.
    Fantastic news, now criminals will be more inclined to shoot first and steal later.

This is ludcriously absurd.
    This comment is absurd....the total number of violent crimes will drop...just like relaxed gun control laws always do. Most people that want to rob you do not want to go to jail or get the chair for murder.... That was a "liberal knee jerk reaction" if I've ever heard one.

I would much rather have energy spent at revamping/updating/maintaining a legal system that does not encourage a blood-for-blood attitude such as this. There is a body of the populace that is comitted to upholding the law and protecting the residents. The police are trained and properly equipped to deal with altercations of various types, whereas the average person is NOT.
    This is not "I'm going to kill you for killing my friend" law...This law is to stop that first killing/assault from occuring. Even with the legal right to kill someone, that doesn't mean it will happen. But mearly drawing the weapon is most often enough force to deal with a potential attack. But your statements show that you would rather a victim get physically injured/killed and then have the police find them afterwards...again..absurd!

It also seems as a great cover for potential racial/hate crimes, but we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.
    Your thinking process is mind-boggling. So with the racial/hate crimes, you would rather have a victim getting "beat-down" because of his/her skin color/religion than just pulling out a weapon and protecting himself? This law doesn't say that you can kill a person for being black...or a muslim...or anything along those lines. And as for waiting and seeing if it's panned out...1911sforever put it right with other states following Florida's lead...because looser gun control laws work. It may not make sense to some folks...but the simple truth is...they work. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Do you trust people? I guess not, or otherwise you would not need that gun
    I do trust people...I trust that a percentage of them will be human predators, and prepare accordingly.
    What you're arguing here is that people shouldn't have the capacity to effectively defend themselves...that a raped woman strangled with her own panties is morally superior to a woman that carries a gun to defend herself.
    Sadly enough, I do believe some liberals believe this. Most of these people believe that the rights of the criminal are more important then the rights of the law-abiding citizen. All strict gun laws do is remove the means in which a law-abiding citizen can protect himself/herself. Sticter gun laws do nothing for the criminals except give them a free pass....examples???? How about Atlanta, D.C., Australia. There's many more......all show that strict gun laws DON"T work for the common man!
    In a sense you are not much better than "Nudist".
    Hehe....this thread's going the way of namecalling!
    1911sforever

Just out of curiousity do you come here to start us vs. them threads? Cause as far as I can tell the only post from you that shows you even own a Treo is back in Feb. your very first post! Since then you have posted nothing but political. In a sense you are not much better than "Nudist".

Be of some use instead of a nuisance.
    Not true.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77706
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76340
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75209

Also, I've started comparitively few threads, and I have less than 130 posts total. Am I hogging up your board or something? Or am I only of some use if I agree with you?
    Mom thats the kid that stole my lunch money yesterday!

bliiiiiiiiiizaaammmmmmmmm

Sorry, but this is funny

1. I will delete ExpressMail
    2. I have a gun and a 650 -- whos with me?
    3. I bought my phone at Cingular

yeehaw

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Not true.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77706
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76340
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75209

Also, I've started comparitively few threads, and I have less than 130 posts total. Am I hogging up your board or something? Or am I only of some use if I agree with you?
    WOW!!! Three (3) posts out of 130-140 posts, that have to do with <gasp!!> a Treo.

This has nothing to do with disagreements or agreements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Sorry, but this is funny

yeehaw
    Yep. That's about all I have to say about my 650. Great product, running well for me. (But as you can see, I have posted to other than off topic political discussions, which pretty much puts the lie to NRG's assertion.)

Now then, the unchecked leftists that are running around on this board...that I have something to say about...
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Sorry, but this is funny

yeehaw
    That is what I am talking about! LOL
    That is what I am talking about! LOL
    No. What you were talking about is that I hadn't made a post in any other part of this forum, which as you can see, and could have seen had you performed a basic search, is incorrect.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No. What you were talking about is that I hadn't made a post in any other part of this forum, which as you can see, and could have seen had you performed a basic search, is incorrect.
    I did search and I missed your two (2) other posts that have to do with a Treo. Still the fact remains that you aren't much better than "Nudist".
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Also, where did I specify what part of the forum you were posting?
    pardon the intrusion but, Claire, are you in here??

now back to our regular flaming.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    pardon the intrusion but, Claire, are you in here??

now back to our regular flaming.
    Go check the tombstone thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast