Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Now a certified right winger is calling for Delay to step down. Its just a matter of time now.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...delay_tancredo
    You beat me to it...

the drum beats are sounding.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    "If the majority leader were to temporarily step aside so that these trumped up charges can be dealt with in a less hostile environment, as they have proven to be an unnecessary distraction, it may be a productive move," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo."

"temporarily step aside". "trumped up charges". These are your "drum beats"?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Not only does he keep the Repubs in line, he does a fine job of smashing the Dems. That is his real crime, and why they've unleashed the sleaze machine on him.
    They? Democrats? If it were only Democrats, how is it possible that Republicans on the Ethics Committee voted to censure Delay during the last session, before the Committee was rigged with contributors to Delay's legal defense fund?
    Uh, Delay wasn't censured. He was admonished. Barney Frank was censured. Dan Rostenkowski was censured. Jim Wright was censured.

Delay has done nothing wrong. Unseemly? Yes. Actionable? No.

Harry Reid, on the other hand, is "Senator for Sale". When am I going to hear you bleat about that?
    droning in full effect lol

"If the majority leader were to temporarily step aside so that these trumped up charges can be dealt with in a less hostile environment, as they have proven to be an unnecessary distraction, it may be a productive move," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo."

"temporarily step aside". "trumped up charges". These are your "drum beats"?
    He is not the only one to say something. There have been quotes of other Reps. posted in this thread alone. He is becoming a distraction.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes. Chris Shays. Noted "moderate" Republican. One of the media's favorites to trot out when they want to show how fractured we are, etc.
    Even though he is out of office, I'm guessing Newt would be one of those "moderates" too?

OK, that's three. You're calling this a major movement?

The bottom line is that all of those schmoes engage in the exact same kind of behavior that Delay is being savaged for, only he is being held to a higher levle of scrutiny by the media than Pelosi or Reid.
    I don't really have much to say about Delay, with so much focus on him, he can't do too much harm except just hurt the credibility of the GOP

Getting off subject just a bit, but still on the subject of out of control GOPers, there is a new report which suggests that John Bolton may have been selectively blocking intelligence information from Powell and Rice.

I can tell you if one of my assistants was doing that to me, they would be looking for another job.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr17.html
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I don't really have much to say about Delay, with so much focus on him, he can't do too much harm except just hurt the credibility of the GOP

Getting off subject just a bit, but still on the subject of out of control GOPers, there is a new report which suggests that John Bolton may have been selectively blocking intelligence information from Powell and Rice.

I can tell you if one of my assistants was doing that to me, they would be looking for another job.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr17.html
    So why not start a Bolton thread?

Ah, yes. More "unnamed sources" slamming Republicans in the WaPo. I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! Imagine, "career" state department types being upset with someone who is upsetting their apple cart and injecting some reality into their world view. And he would speak in gruff tones AND have his hands in his pockets when he was doing it! Oh, the horror!

The bottom line is that the left is resorting to their old trick of using their media whores to attack effective Republicans.
    Tom DeLay's Attorney: The Rules Were Followed
    Monday, April 18, 2005; Page A16

The April 6 front-page article "A 3rd DeLay Trip Under Scrutiny" discussed a trip to Moscow that House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) took nearly eight years ago, when he was the majority whip. The April 7 news article "As DeLay Faces Ethics Questions, GOP Circles Its Wagons" said that "DeLay was hit by a fresh wave of ethical questions yesterday," apparently in reference to The Post's own story.

Mr. DeLay, along with his wife, Christine, and staff members, traveled to Moscow from Aug. 5 to 11, 1997, on a trip that the National Center for Public Policy Research has said it funded. House ethics rules allow entities such as the center to sponsor fact-finding trips, and Mr. DeLay complied with all disclosure requirements. We are unaware of any requirement that a member obtain permission from the executive branch before such a trip.

During the Moscow visit, Mr. DeLay met with religious leaders and government officials. He also toured a Russian space center because his congressional district includes NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston.

Another focus of his trip was to investigate religious persecution in Russia. When the Duma passed legislation that encouraged religious dis- crimination and violated several international agreements on human rights just weeks after his trip, Mr. DeLay co-sponsored a House resolution condemning the law and discouraging additional U.S. aid to Russia.

The article insinuated that the majority leader's vote for legislation supporting the International Monetary Fund and the Overseas Private Investment Corp. was in exchange for his travel to Moscow. That is unfounded. Historically, these programs generally have received strong bipartisan support from the Houston area's congressional delegation.

BOBBY R. BURCHFIELD

Washington
    So why not start a Bolton thread?

Ah, yes. More "unnamed sources" slamming Republicans in the WaPo. I'm shocked, I tell you! Shocked! Imagine, "career" state department types being upset with someone who is upsetting their apple cart and injecting some reality into their world view. And he would speak in gruff tones AND have his hands in his pockets when he was doing it! Oh, the horror!
    Bolton supposedly withheld important intelligence information from the National Security Advisor and Secretary of State. That kind of "apple cart upsetting" I could do without. If this bozo really did this, he deserves to be torched.

The bottom line is that the left is resorting to their old trick of using their media whores to attack effective Republicans.
    Since "whores" provide their services for money, to quote a famous movie line....... "show me the money"! Armstrong Williams got some serious money, is he a "media *****" in your balanced view of the world?
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 04/18/2005 at 06:47 PM.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    DeLay Still Up To Dirty Tricks

Tom DeLay thinks the federal treasury is his personal piggy bank. DeLay slipped “a $1.5 billion giveaway to the oil industry, Halliburton, and Sugar Land, Texas” into the energy bill.

But this isn’t a normal case of government pork. DeLay has completely dispensed with the democratic process. From a letter Rep. Henry Waxman just sent Speaker Dennis Hastert:

The provision was inserted into the energy legislation after the conference was closed, so members of the conference committee had no opportunity to consider or reject this measure.

The $1.5 billion won’t be administered by the government by a private consortium in DeLay’s district:

The subtitle appears to steer the administration of 75% of the $1.5 billion fund to a private consortium located in the district of Majority Leader Tom DeLay. Ordinarily, a large fund like this would be administered directly by the government.

Hastert and DeLay need to explain themselves immediately. No member of Congress who takes taxpayer dollars seriously should vote for the energy bill until this matter is resolved.

http://thinkprogress.org/2005/07/27/delay-dirty-tricks/

Waxman's Letter: http://www.democrats.reform.house.go...5629-26334.pdf
    Who does Delay think he is? Robert C. KKK Byrd?

What happened to the impending charges against Delay? I thought Howard Dean was going to have him shot or something.
  17.    #97  
    What this appears to be is a tax-credit like structure for oil and gas production. Similar things have been done for years and years. Of course, it seems almost commical that E&P companies need more incentive to drill, what with $60 oil and all.

Another funny thing is that this doesn't appear to benefit Halliburton at all, but best put that bogeyman in the letter to get people's emotions involved!!!

Disclaimer: I read the letter referenced above, not the bill, so my interpretation may be a bit off.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    What this appears to be is a tax-credit like structure for oil and gas production. Similar things have been done for years and years. Of course, it seems almost commical that E&P companies need more incentive to drill, what with $60 oil and all.

Another funny thing is that this doesn't appear to benefit Halliburton at all, but best put that bogeyman in the letter to get people's emotions involved!!!

Disclaimer: I read the letter referenced above, not the bill, so my interpretation may be a bit off.
    Just a question, isn't Halliburton in Sugar Land?
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just a question, isn't Halliburton in Sugar Land?
    No. I'm sure they have operations out there (a plant or two or such) but they are based here in Houston. What people fail to realize is that Halliburton doesn't own a single molecule of oil or gas (well, maybe if it's clinging to their tools or in their gas tanks). They sell well services and other products to producing companies. Unfortunately they have become the catch-all villan for the left. Not saying they have never done anything wrong (I'm sure all companies have), but it really irks me when people condem companies about which they know little.
    Kewl article about evil Halliburton and what the do in Colorado to improve well yeilds.

Here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast