Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Enrons plays both sides.

Anywhoo, back to the topic, Delay is becoming a distraction. He should bow out gracefully like Newt did.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Enrons plays both sides.

Anywhoo, back to the topic, Delay is becoming a distraction. He should bow out gracefully like Newt did.
    Disagree. Delay is merely the focal point of the Donks/Media fury. (His masterstroke of reapportioning Texas this past election REALLY torqued the usual suspects.) He has done nothing that dozens of other congresscritters haven't been doing for decades. Which doesn't mean it isn't stinky.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Disagree. Delay is merely the focal point of the Donks/Media fury. (His masterstroke of reapportioning Texas this past election REALLY torqued the usual suspects.) He has done nothing that dozens of other congresscritters haven't been doing for decades. Which doesn't mean it isn't stinky.
    Disagree on...Enron or Delay?

If it is that Delay should go, my opinion is that if he is doing anything illegal he should go. If it is a minor ethics violation, then his constituents can handle him. However, given his position of Leader, an ethics violation should at least have him give up his position as Majority Leader.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I was wondering when you were going to show up on this thread.

How much of Delay's "crap" is simply the corrupt way of doing business that has become DC? Did you read the link I provided...it seems that paying family members out of campaign funds isn't illegal. Sure stinks though. Sweetheart junkets? Well, it seems that Nancy "wide eyes" Pelosi can't say much about that, either.

Do you remember the House check cashing scandal? The Keating Five? ABSCAM? Hell, Tea Pot Dome? Both sides are dirty in these deals. Sometimes I'd like to take 535 names out of a telephone book and call that Congress.

Speaking of crap, if I did 1/1000th of what Sandy Berger did with those records, my **** would be in Ft. Leavenworth. Another insider sweetheart deal.

George Orwell, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
    "...U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay [R-Texas] has been a disgrace to the United States and the world since he entered Congress in 1984. His latest partisan power grab is to lead the effort to gain more Republican seats in Congress by redistricting Texas – eight years before the state is scheduled to do so again. Texas has been forced to spend millions this year just to satisfy DeLay’s lust for more power, while healthcare, education and other needs go unmet.

DeLay, a former bug exterminator, is known for extortion, illegal fundraising and blackmail. DeLay has obstructed justice for low-paid sweatshop workers on the island of Saipan by taking large campaign contributions from Saipan's chief lobbyist and blocking any Congressional investigation of the appalling conditions there.

DeLay has obstructed justice by lying to the FBI when he charged that the reporter who broke the Henry Hyde adultery story in the 1990s had been working with the White House to expose Hyde.

DeLay led the campaign in the House to impeach Bill Clinton, while rumors of extramarital affairs of his own continue to circulate.

DeLay’s far-right extreme agenda includes to repeal environmental protection laws by dismantling the EPA and gutting the Clean Air Act, allow big polluting companies to continue to pollute our air, water and other resources, teach creationism in public schools, abolish separation of church and state, and outlaw abortion in all cases.

DeLay also opposes campaign finance reform and has taken more money from tobacco interests than any other Texas legislator.

During a deposition for a lawsuit filed by a former business partner in the pest company in 1994, DeLay lied that he had not been an officer of the company for two or three years. On congressional financial disclosure forms filed in 1995, he listed himself as chairman of the company’s board of directors. Allegations included that DeLay illegally used company money to pay political campaign debts. The lawsuit was ultimately settled with an undisclosed amount paid to the business partner.

In 1997, DeLay actually shoved Rep. David Obey [D-Wisconsin] and called him a "chicken****" on the House floor. That same year, DeLay tried to impeach federal judges he didn’t like.

In 1998, he said that people with “foreign-sounding names” probably aren't Americans.

Finally, a story goes that DeLay lit up a stogie in a restaurant, and a waiter told him it was a government building, where smoking was not permitted. DeLay reportedly retorted, "I am the government."..."

He's a real POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    "...U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay [R-Texas] has been a disgrace to the United States and the world since he entered Congress in 1984. His latest partisan power grab is to lead the effort to gain more Republican seats in Congress by redistricting Texas – eight years before the state is scheduled to do so again. Texas has been forced to spend millions this year just to satisfy DeLay’s lust for more power, while healthcare, education and other needs go unmet.

DeLay, a former bug exterminator, is known for extortion, illegal fundraising and blackmail. DeLay has obstructed justice for low-paid sweatshop workers on the island of Saipan by taking large campaign contributions from Saipan's chief lobbyist and blocking any Congressional investigation of the appalling conditions there.

DeLay has obstructed justice by lying to the FBI when he charged that the reporter who broke the Henry Hyde adultery story in the 1990s had been working with the White House to expose Hyde.

DeLay led the campaign in the House to impeach Bill Clinton, while rumors of extramarital affairs of his own continue to circulate.

DeLay’s far-right extreme agenda includes to repeal environmental protection laws by dismantling the EPA and gutting the Clean Air Act, allow big polluting companies to continue to pollute our air, water and other resources, teach creationism in public schools, abolish separation of church and state, and outlaw abortion in all cases.

DeLay also opposes campaign finance reform and has taken more money from tobacco interests than any other Texas legislator.

During a deposition for a lawsuit filed by a former business partner in the pest company in 1994, DeLay lied that he had not been an officer of the company for two or three years. On congressional financial disclosure forms filed in 1995, he listed himself as chairman of the company’s board of directors. Allegations included that DeLay illegally used company money to pay political campaign debts. The lawsuit was ultimately settled with an undisclosed amount paid to the business partner.

In 1997, DeLay actually shoved Rep. David Obey [D-Wisconsin] and called him a "chicken****" on the House floor. That same year, DeLay tried to impeach federal judges he didn’t like.

In 1998, he said that people with “foreign-sounding names” probably aren't Americans.

Finally, a story goes that DeLay lit up a stogie in a restaurant, and a waiter told him it was a government building, where smoking was not permitted. DeLay reportedly retorted, "I am the government."..."

He's a real POS.
    Please provide the link you pulled that from.

What Delay's real crime is that he has been very effective in boxing the bejeez out of Democrats.
    Please provide the link you pulled that from.

What Delay's real crime is that he has been very effective in boxing the bejeez out of Democrats.
    Google, It's amazing!

What color is the sky in the world you're living in?
    Your intellectual dishonesty continues to impress me. Here's the link to the moonbat website you pulled that from:http://www.blogamy.com/archives/00000334.htm.

And because I disagree with you, I live in on another world?
    Your intellectual dishonesty continues to impress me. Here's the link to the moonbat website you pulled that from:http://www.blogamy.com/archives/00000334.htm.

And because I disagree with you, I live in on another world?
    This is the original site content I quoted.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/tdl0000/petition.html
    How can you accuse me of dishonesty?
    The link I provided is linked to the one you allegedly posted from...it was the first hit from the google search parameters you used. The petitiononline.com link DID NOT come up from the search I ran. Why didn't you post that link, rather than the google query terms? Is it because it links directly to a moonbat website?
    The link I provided is linked to the one you allegedly posted from...it was the first hit from the google search parameters you used. The petitiononline.com link DID NOT come up from the search I ran. Why didn't you post that link, rather than the google query terms? Is it because it links directly to a moonbat website?
    I provided a google link to try and teach you to fish. When provided with a source quote, one can easily do a google quote search. The google link i provided only returns 2 results, the second of which is the original site content.
    I provided a google link to try and teach you to fish. When provided with a source quote, one can easily do a google quote search. The google link i provided only returns 2 results, the second of which is the original site content.
    Still, you should've posted it, would you not agree? I mean, to quote you, "Cite."

So why didn't you post it?

Your arrogance and condescending attiude doesn't serve your cause very well. The whole "angry young man" thing has pretty much been done, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Still, you should've posted it, would you not agree? I mean, to quote you, "Cite."
    I ask for a cite when someone refers to a story but doesn't quote it OR when they quote it and I can't find it google'ing a quote from it.

But I guess that makes too much sense.
    So why didn't you post it?

Your arrogance and condescending attiude doesn't serve your cause very well. The whole "angry young man" thing has pretty much been done, too.
    "young man"? Why thank you.
    This is the original site content I quoted.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/tdl0000/petition.html
    How can you accuse me of dishonesty?
    The Remove U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay from Office Petition to U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay was created by and written by Jackson Thoreau. This petition is hosted here at www.PetitionOnline.com as a public service.

If you want Delay out so bad...move to Texas and vote against him. I believe that his responsibility is to his constituents and not to media Trolls, whimsical Gnomes and various Woodspirits
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    House Republican slams DeLay

Greenwich, CT, Apr. 10 (UPI) -- A prominent house Republican has described House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, as an "embarrassment" to the Republican Party.

"He is an absolute embarrassment to me and to the Republican Party," said U.S. Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., at a Town Hall meeting in Greenwich, Conn.

Shays was hosting a public forum on current issues and events at the Town Hall building, the Greenwich Time reported Sunday.

"He knows that . . . if he ever runs for speaker, I get to vote on the House floor, and my 'No' vote combined with the Democrats means he will never be speaker," Shays said, drawing applause from the room. "One of the things I want to say here is that Tom DeLay will never be speaker in Congress."

A grand jury in Texas has indicted two of DeLay's political associates on charges involving illegal campaign contributions, and a Senate committee and the Justice Department have been investigating whether lobbyists paid for trips and other gifts to influence the DeLay's legislation.

"Do I think Tom DeLay will be the majority leader by the end of this term? No," Shays said. "I don't think Tom DeLay is going to survive."
    Last edited by daThomas; 04/11/2005 at 11:39 AM.
    Delay is toast and it is time to flee the sinking ship. Of course on this forum, there will be a lot of what about Hillary, or what about Pellosi, or what about anyone else to defect the issue. But the bottom line is the longer Delay remains the poster boy for the GOP in Congress, the more he hurts his own party.
    Who is deflecting? See my posts #21 and #23 above.

no obviously you are not, sorry if you got that impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    If you want Delay out so bad...move to Texas and vote against him. I believe that his responsibility is to his constituents and not to media Trolls, whimsical Gnomes and various Woodspirits
    Can I keep this for your next rant about Ted Kennedy?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast