Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    No. As long as you keep posting about what a messed up country this is, how everything is wrong, and how Republicans are evil I won't give the flogged thread a rest. Have you examined why your world view is so unpopular?

My point about the MoveOn and ANSWER types is that their protests ALWAYS degenerate into violence, yet the ACLU doesn't monitor them. What is the difference...you tell me.
    Puleez. They do not degenerate into violence.

Besides, that's not what the ACLU is monitoring the MM for. They are observing them for violations of first amendment rights.

And in what way am I posting "about what a messed up country" this is?

What is MY world view?

Why are you so knee jerk against the ACLU?
    Why is any opinion other than your own alway "knee jerk"?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Why is any opinion other than your own alway "knee jerk"?
    Because it's been shown over and over againn to this person that the ACLU does not allow partisan beliefs stand in the way of their mission yet this poster continues to make bizarre blanket statements.

And I do not say that about anyone who disagrees with me. Why is your comment so falsely extreme?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Puleez. They do not degenerate into violence.

Besides, that's not what the ACLU is monitoring the MM for. They are observing them for violations of first amendment rights.

And in what way am I posting "about what a messed up country" this is?

What is MY world view?

Why are you so knee jerk against the ACLU?
    DA...you're telling me that downtown Seattle wasn't trashed? That it was all sweetness and light at the G8 Summits? That there wasn't violence at the conventions last summer? There weren't cops put into the hospital? There weren't businesses burned? There weren't trashcans thrown through windows? I'll have what he's having.

"Monitoring them for violations of 1st Amendment rights"? Oh, that is a HOOT! I mean, really. Savor the irony of a 1st Amendment watchdog organization "monitoring" citizens exercising their rights. The ACLU's presence is meant to INTIMIDATE these people from lawfully gathering and particpating in what amounts to a neighborhood watch program.

My view of your world view comes from virtually every thread you start on this board. About all we see from you are stories on Haliburton, Jeff Gannon, etc. I also note your unwillingness to directly inform us of your world view, other than to engage in name calling, sublte insults, etc. ("What redneck did you hear that from"?) Why not enlighten us with a thread, or head over to "Why are Democrats getting FLOGGED all over the country" and add your comments on why the positions you advocate are so...unpopular.
  5.    #25  
    DA...you're telling me that downtown Seattle wasn't trashed? That it was all sweetness and light at the G8 Summits? That there wasn't violence at the conventions last summer? There weren't cops put into the hospital? There weren't businesses burned? There weren't trashcans thrown through windows? I'll have what he's having.
    Yea, but this was not MoveOn.org or a single group, that was protest anarchy and you can bet your *** I was out there with a 7 iron telling those assholes to cut the crap out, until a cop told me they'd haul us away too. But that has NOTHING to do with the ACLU!!

"Monitoring them for violations of 1st Amendment rights"? Oh, that is a HOOT! I mean, really. Savor the irony of a 1st Amendment watchdog organization "monitoring" citizens exercising their rights. The ACLU's presence is meant to INTIMIDATE these people from lawfully gathering and particpating in what amounts to a neighborhood watch program.
    I believe the ACLU stated quite accurately what their purpose is in monitoring and that past events by the same single group validate that need. I have already stated that this is not helpful to the Southern border situation. The MM have actually hurt American farmers who have had to waste large portions of their crop as they could not get it harvested before spoiling cause they couldn't get the labor due to MM activity.

My view of your world view comes from virtually every thread you start on this board. About all we see from you are stories on Haliburton, Jeff Gannon, etc. I also note your unwillingness to directly inform us of your world view, other than to engage in name calling, sublte insults, etc. ("What redneck did you hear that from"?) Why not enlighten us with a thread, or head over to "Why are Democrats getting FLOGGED all over the country" and add your comments on why the positions you advocate are so...unpopular.
    I still thnk you have something for the flogging. I'll just add the phrase "for now" to your flogging issue.

My "world view" is not quite as simplistic as liberal/conservative. For example I support the ACLU and the NRA.
    Maybe, get him and the ACLU an island together.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    sounds good!
    And I do not say that about anyone who disagrees with me. Why is your comment so falsely extreme?
    If anyone cares to spend a few minutes searching his posts, you will find that every controversial thread this guy posts in, ends up with a "knee jerk" reaction statement by him.

It would seem that no one besides him is able research and form thier own educated opinions. We are all simply ignorant hicks with jerky knees.
    If anyone cares to spend a few minutes searching his posts, you will find that every controversial thread this guy posts in, ends up with a "knee jerk" reaction statement by him.

It would seem that no one besides him is able research and form thier own educated opinions. We are all simply ignorant hicks with jerky knees.
    DA has what Thomas Sowell referred to as the "Vision of the Annointed".
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    You know, I really have to point out that your posts are for the most part, useless. Doesn't matter if they're in the off topic or not. Just useless.
  11.    #31  

Correction. Anyone is capable of researching a topic and posting an intelligent response. Unfortunately many choose not too.
    You know, I really have to point out that your posts are for the most part, useless. Doesn't matter if they're in the off topic or not. Just useless.
    I would say your posts of the ACLU are truley useless.
    Correction. Anyone is capable of researching a topic and posting an intelligent response. Unfortunately many choose not too.
    Your posts are just your agenda, and when others disagree you show your true nature.
    I am continuing the Mexican border discussion in a new thread. I don't care to discuss the ACLU.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...345#post627345
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  15.    #35  
    Immigrant: Minuteman trio held him against his will

"Associated Press
    Apr. 7, 2005 06:55 AM

TUCSON - Three civilian volunteers patrolling the border for undocumented migrants and smugglers are being investigated after an immigrant told authorities he was held by them against his will.

The volunteers said they were members of the Minuteman Project - a monthlong effort that has people from around the country fanned out along the border to report undocumented migrants and smugglers trying to sneak into the country. Law enforcement officials have said they fear the project will lead to vigilante violence or an accidental confrontation between armed volunteers and authorities.

Around 3 p.m. Wednesday, Border Patrol agents called in deputies from the Cochise County Sheriff's Office to report that an immigrant was detained south of Sierra Vista by three men who identified themselves as volunteers of the Minuteman Project.

Carol Capas, a sheriff's office spokeswoman, said the 26-year-old man from Obregon, Mexico, told agents he was physically restrained and forced to hold a shirt while his picture was taken and he was videotaped.

The shirt read: "Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this T-shirt."

Barton, who is from California, told agents that he and the other two volunteers waived the man over to them, offered the immigrant food and water, and gave him the T-shirt and money before the Border Patrol arrived.

Barton also also provided deputies with the videotape that purportedly shows the incident. Capas said investigators were reviewing the tape. The volunteers were not arrested or ticketed, she said.

"We do not have the time nor the patience for anyone attempting to turn this situation into a three ring circus," Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said in a statement released Wednesday.

The investigation is being continued by the Sheriff's Office and a report will be forwarded to the county attorney's office for review, Capas said.

Minuteman spokesman Grey Deacon said project organizers were told by sheriff's officials that the incident wasn't a problem and the matter was closed.

"All they did was provide water and wait for the Border Patrol," Deacon said. "What's the big deal?"

Meanwhile, Border Patrol apprehensions of illegal immigrants have dropped notably in the Naco area since civilian volunteers began gathering there.

Agency spokesmen credit an increased presence by Mexican authorities south of the border and say it's too soon to tell whether the volunteers are having an impact or causing smugglers to shift elsewhere, but others are reporting such a swing.

Gov. Janet Napolitano said Wednesday that her office has been told by the Border Patrol and others that migrant traffic is surging in areas beyond the roughly 20-mile line formed by volunteers for the Minuteman Project. That includes the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation to the west, a favored crossing point for illegal immigrants.

"The traffic flows through Arizona because they tightened down in California and Texas, and when you pull on the border, it is like a bedsheet, and the traffic moves," Napolitano said. "And until you have operational control of the entire Arizona border, you cannot say that progress has been made. And we don't have it, and the Minutemen can't give it to us."

On Tuesday night, Border Patrol agents pulled three illegal immigrants out of the desert who were in need of food and water after the border crossers activated a rescue beacon northeast of Topawa, on the Tohono O'odham Reservation.

The volunteers, many of whom were recruited over the Internet, plan to watch the border in shifts 24 hours a day throughout April and report any illegal activity to federal agents.

Project organizers say they want to draw attention to problems on the Arizona-Mexico border, considered the most vulnerable stretch of the 2,000-mile southern border. Of the 1.1 million illegal immigrants caught by the Border Patrol last year, more than half crossed into the country at Arizona.

With the exception of Wednesday's incident, Border Patrol officials said the volunteers have remained peaceful. However, they have continued to unwittingly trip sensors that alert the agency to possible intruders, forcing agents to respond to false alarms. Authorities said volunteer footprints have also made if difficult for agents to track illegal immigrants.

Organizers said more than 1,000 volunteers had signed up and more than 800 were expected to take part over the month of April. There is no way to verify the count independently since authorities aren't keeping track of the numbers."

Oh yea. These are some real class acts.
    Here's a link to the MORON that VIOLATED the established SOP and had contact with the benighted ILLEGAL ALLIEN who is no doubt as we speak consulting with lawyers. Imagine, being given food, water and $20.00 to hold up a shirt! Oh, the humanity!

http://www.votebarton.com/about.html

The little weasel is running for congress...he'll fit right in

I sent him an email taking him to task for giving the enemies of this program a propaganda opportunity. I suggested that maybe he take a commission in the military, deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan and maybe pick up a little maturity. His email server bounced it back.
  17.    #37  
    Here's a link to the MORON that VIOLATED the established SOP and had contact with the benighted ILLEGAL ALLIEN who is no doubt as we speak consulting with lawyers. Imagine, being given food, water and $20.00 to hold up a shirt! Oh, the humanity!

http://www.votebarton.com/about.html

The little weasel is running for congress...he'll fit right in

I sent him an email taking him to task for giving the enemies of this program a propaganda opportunity. I suggested that maybe he take a commission in the military, deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan and maybe pick up a little maturity. His email server bounced it back.
    Credit to you for calling the moron on it. I think this person(s) is more likely the rule than the exception though.

Did the email bounce due to being full or bad addy?
    Looked like a bad address.

He is definitely the exception...otherwise we would have seen dozens of stories like this already.
    Looks like that illegal wasn't detained after all. (The guy that made the video is still a flaming *****.) From the AP-

TUCSON, Ariz. - Authorities determined Thursday that three volunteers involved in a civilian project to watch the border and report illegal crossers did not hold an illegal immigrant against his will.

The Mexican man had told sheriff's deputies that he was detained and forced to pose for a picture holding a T-shirt with a mocking slogan. The shirt read: "Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this T-shirt." Barton was one of the three volunteers.

"The county attorney's office reviewed all available evidence, that indicates that there was no forcible detention, therefore the case is not substantiated, and no charges are pending," said Carol Capas, a spokeswoman for the Cochise County Sheriff's Department.

The sheriff's department, Mexican Consul Miguel Escobar and the U.S. Border Patrol also agreed that the 26-year-old man was not detained, said Capas and Border Patrol spokeswoman Andrea Zortman.

The volunteers involved in Wednesday's incident identified themselves as members of the Minuteman Project - a monthlong effort that has people from around the country spread out along a stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border to report undocumented migrants and smugglers.

Law enforcement officials have said they fear the project will lead to vigilante violence. Mexico's foreign relations department also pledged in the days leading up to the civilian operation to pursue all legal and diplomatic means to stop the volunteers and ensure that they do not violate the rights of Mexican citizens.

Wednesday's incident was the first reporting any possible detention, though volunteers earlier assisted an immigrant in distress.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=ne...04-07-15-35-20

Sorry, DA, but it looks like the racist hordes are behaving themselves.
    Interesting thread.

I loved this quote in one of DA's posts from someone at the aclu.

""We recognize the right of a country to defend its borders," said Eleanor Eisenberg, Executive Director of the ACLU of Arizona, "but it must be done by the proper authorities and in a humane way."

Yes lets treat those entering our country illegally, maybe even as invaders as humanely as possible.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast