Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is my beautiful baby

His name is Champ, he's a Blue Pit, and is 1 yr 3 months.

Your turn!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MFizzel; 04/01/2005 at 11:02 PM.
    1 | 2
    Good looking dog! We just had to stray pitts wonder up to our front yard tonight. We got the shelter to pick them up so hopefully they'll get a good home. They were pretty malnurished. Man that pisses me off. Good dogs though. If anyone is in Plano and needs a good dog....

Linus is the guy in my avatar and Lucy is our female Jack
    A pic of my 3 yr old Siberian Husky, and the other pic is of my 5 yr old Maltese and 8 mths old Westie.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    This is my beautiful baby

His name is Champ, he's a Blue Pitt, and is 1 yr 3 months.

Your turn!
    Hope you don't have any kids at your house or in the neighborhood
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    wow
    Pit Bulls can't be trusted, period.
  7.    #7  
    lol, clearly, you have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.
    1 | 2
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for sharing the pics, keem 'em coming

Anyone have a parrot?
    1 | 2
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    CLICK

QUICK! Get that pit bull away from those kids, he'll eat em!

Sorry, couldn't resist. ( No, this isn't my family )
    Last edited by MFizzel; 04/01/2005 at 11:14 PM.
    1 | 2
    I don't have a parrot but.... that's a cool pet!
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    Hey, shrink that picture, MFizzel, it completely skewed my page...
    My 2 cents on pit bulls. I've read that any dog would behave accordingly with its upbringing. A pit bull can be a nice pet if from birth he's nurtured and cared for in a loving way. That would be true for Rottweilers as well. Having said that, I understand that in England "every pit bull is a dangerous dog under the law. In the United States, however, there are only a few cities that regard every pit bull as a dangerous dog." (Here)
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
    oh man, that picture skewed this thread.

Basketball Player Latrell Sprewell's "family dog" (a Pit Bull) attacked his daughter. It only takes one thing to set them off and it's all over. Concord California 2 days ago 10 year old boy attacked in front of his house by 2 neighbor's Pit Bulls. I could go on and on. Sure they have their nice family moments as in the picture, but watch out.
    CLICK

Of course it's not your family, who would be that lame
    My 18lb Maine Coone...thats considered small
    had a dog years ago, ever since been into aquariums.

Here's a pic of my 20g reef

http://www.blazinlow.com/aqua/DSC00403.JPG
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Here's Shay, my boxer, at 3 months and 6 months. Best dog I ever had!!
    CLICK

I am an animal lover and have always had a pet, but the key word is "Pet" not Threat.

There was an elderly woman mauled to DEATH in her front yard by two pit bulls recently in nearby Virginia. They were just roaming her neighborhood. She was trying to help her lil dog and they killed both owner and dog, animal control came and put one of the animals down.

It's pathetic how naive and indifferent people can be about this type of breed or temperament of dog and put their family (i.e. defenseless children) and neighbors at grave risk in the process.

But nice pet pics otherwise.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I am an animal lover and have always had a pet, but the key word is "Pet" not Threat.

There was an elderly woman mauled to DEATH in her front yard by two pit bulls recently in nearby Virginia. They were just roaming her neighborhood. She was trying to help her lil dog and they killed both owner and dog, animal control came and put one of the animals down.

It's pathetic how naive and indifferent people can be about this type of breed or temperament of dog and put their family (i.e. defenseless children) and neighbors at grave risk in the process.

But nice pet pics otherwise.
    Sorry but you are very ignorant in this regard. Certain breeds do have a dispostition to agressiveness that is very true. If the pitt is starved and beaten daily it going to be a ruthless attack dog. It's as simple as that. If that dog comes from good lines and is trained properly from the moment he leaves the litter the dog will be wonderful. People create these dogs. If you want to start a thread debating dog breading go ahead.

I can't believe the nerve of the people crapping on this purely innocent "I love my pet" threat.

A white man shot MLK jr and many southern whites lynched black men for sport. Do all southern whites brought up in th 20's hate black people. NO!! of course not. Was there a predispostion due to the culture of the time? YES. Could it be overcome with good parenting? YES

A lot of black people in the inner cities sell drugs and murder people. Is it hard for a kid growing up in that environment to overcome his influences? YES. Do people do it? YES, every day!!

If ANY dog is not fed, loved and not socialized it will show agressive behavior.

These horrible incidents arise from irresponsible dog breeding and terrible environments.

sorry to get so fired up, but people that are irresponsible in raising their dogs with that leading to horrible accidents makes me furious. The dogs have to be put down when that happens, it's too late to change the behavior, their hard-wired. The blame lies with the owner though, 100%!!

Do you suggest we send them all back to Africa or kill them all or what. Your prejudice in this matter makes me want to puke!!!!

MODS......PLEASE DELETE ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD UNRELATED TO THE THREAD TOPIC (including this one)
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 04/02/2005 at 08:50 AM.
    Yes the problem is not the breed of dog, rather its the breed of person some dogs attract.
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966
    Here's Shay, my boxer, at 3 months and 6 months. Best dog I ever had!!
    That's a good looking pup!!
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast