Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I had a Rottie, most gentle dog in the world. She would roll onto her back for a tummy rub whenever ANYONE would walk up...even strangers. Had a "teacup" long-haired chihuahua and Yorkie that would bare their teeth, growl and nip at ANYONE...especially children. That being said, does anyone have a pic of their purebred Sheltie? We're thinking of training one to help our special needs son. Suppose to be extremely intelligent and non-threatening. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Sorry but you are very ignorant in this regard. Certain breeds do have a dispostition to agressiveness that is very true. If the pitt is starved and beaten daily it going to be a ruthless attack dog. It's as simple as that. If that dog comes from good lines and is trained properly from the moment he leaves the litter the dog will be wonderful. People create these dogs. If you want to start a thread debating dog breading go ahead.

I can't believe the nerve of the people crapping on this purely innocent "I love my pet" threat.

A white man shot MLK jr and many southern whites lynched black men for sport. Do all southern whites brought up in th 20's hate black people. NO!! of course not. Was there a predispostion due to the culture of the time? YES. Could it be overcome with good parenting? YES

A lot of black people in the inner cities sell drugs and murder people. Is it hard for a kid growing up in that environment to overcome his influences? YES. Do people do it? YES, every day!!

If ANY dog is not fed, loved and not socialized it will show agressive behavior.

These horrible incidents arise from irresponsible dog breeding and terrible environments.

sorry to get so fired up, but people that are irresponsible in raising their dogs with that leading to horrible accidents makes me furious. The dogs have to be put down when that happens, it's too late to change the behavior, their hard-wired. The blame lies with the owner though, 100%!!

Do you suggest we send them all back to Africa or kill them all or what. Your prejudice in this matter makes me want to puke!!!!

MODS......PLEASE DELETE ALL POSTS IN THIS THREAD UNRELATED TO THE THREAD TOPIC (including this one)
    Sorry but you're the ignorant one here, no matter how it is raised a Pit Bull will always be a threat. We can crap on whatever we want here, especially when someone starts a "I love my Pet thread" with something that is not a pet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Sorry but you're the ignorant one here, no matter how it is raised a Pit Bull will always be a threat. We can crap on whatever we want here, especially when someone starts a "I love my Pet thread" with something that is not a pet!

Simply not true. More uninformed prejudice.

So what's the solution?
    Simply not true. More uninformed prejudice.

So what's the solution?
    It is not uniformed prejudice, how many cases of attacks on family and friends in the news do you need to see? Whatever, we're all entitled to thoughts on this.

Solution: Well my personal solution would not go over well (euthanize every last one) so we need stricter consequences for owners whose dogs attack.
    I do respect your right to an opinion, you think you're right and so do (that's what opinions are I guess) I so it'll set there

Do you have personal experience that makes you feel so strongly?
    It is not uniformed prejudice, how many cases of attacks on family and friends in the news do you need to see? Whatever, we're all entitled to thoughts on this.

Solution: Well my personal solution would not go over well (euthanize every last one) so we need stricter consequences for owners whose dogs attack.
    Unfortunately all of the "media hype" about the attacks is focused on the breed of dog. You never hear anything about the disposition of the owner. If you look closely at the pictures you can usually see the oversized chain and unsocial enviroment these dogs are forced to live in.

As I said before, its the type of person these dogs tend to attract not the dogs themselves.
    as I respect your opinion and appreciate the civility of this argument. A couple of experiences "close to home" and others from news across the country...
    My son has had a pitbull for years. Dog has never attacked anyone.

My co-worker has a pitbull. His pitbull not only adores his 7 year old son, but sleeps with him. In fact, he has to be in contact with him. If his boy rolls over, the dog moves over to be next to him.

I would much rather be around those two dogs, than any number of these yipping Chihuahuas or Dachsunds that always come up and start barking incessantly when you walk by.

Stereotypes...I guess all black people are crackhead gangbangers?. Cross the street when you see one walk towards you. Uh-oh, someone named Mohammed over there, better make sure he's not strapped with explosives...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #29  
    I can't believe the ignorance displayed here by some of you...does the Media program your HEAD?

I have a book on Pit Bulls, written by a PhD, and could quote paragraphs word for word that prove you to be 100 percent wrong.

Just like dutch said, it's how the dog is raised, NOT the breed of the dog.

Of course it's not your family, who would be that lame
    What does this even mean? My advice to you...go outside, take a deep breath and give someone a hug. Then go threadcrap somewhere you actually know what you are talking about.

Good day ...and keep those pics coming! adz, that's a gorgeous boxer.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    I can't believe the ignorance displayed here by some of you...does the Media program your HEAD?

I have a book on Pit Bulls, written by a PhD, and could quote paragraphs word for word that prove you to be 100 percent wrong.

Just like dutch said, it's how the dog is raised, NOT the breed of the dog.

What does this even mean? My advice to you...go outside, take a deep breath and give someone a hug. Then go threadcrap somewhere you actually know what you are talking about.

Good day ...and keep those pics coming! adz, that's a gorgeous boxer.
    Ooooh really, a book written by a PHd. Well then that must be the definitive source for everything about Pit Bulls. You're absolutely right, the ignorance to the latent aggressive tendencies in Pit Bulls is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    My conclusion after reading this entire thread: On the whole, dogs behave far better than humans.
    How is this behaving badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    My son has had a pitbull for years. Dog has never attacked anyone.

My co-worker has a pitbull. His pitbull not only adores his 7 year old son, but sleeps with him. In fact, he has to be in contact with him. If his boy rolls over, the dog moves over to be next to him.

I would much rather be around those two dogs, than any number of these yipping Chihuahuas or Dachsunds that always come up and start barking incessantly when you walk by.

Stereotypes...I guess all black people are crackhead gangbangers?. Cross the street when you see one walk towards you. Uh-oh, someone named Mohammed over there, better make sure he's not strapped with explosives...
    You just make sure and tell us when that dog attacks someone will you?
  13.    #33  
    Ooooh really, a book written by a PHd. Well then that must be the definitive source for everything about Pit Bulls. You're absolutely right, the ignorance to the latent aggressive tendencies in Pit Bulls is amazing.
    Not exactly the DEFINITIVE source, but a source from someone who knows what they are talking about. I only have 2 books myself, there are many, many others that will tell you the same thing.
    1 | 2
    My sister's dog
    CUTE!!!

watch out, that looks like one vicious pup
  15.    #35  
    My sister's dog
    awww
    1 | 2
    Question: Perhaps it is time for humans to sniff each other's tush, wiggle our tails and pee on humans' couches?
    Well, there is a segment of the population that have a fetish for this...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Excuse me Dutch, I thought we were talking about pets here.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Excuse me Dutch, I thought we were talking about pets here.
    we were. You said his dog was not a pet...

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I am an animal lover and have always had a pet, but the key word is "Pet" not Threat.

There was an elderly woman mauled to DEATH in her front yard by two pit bulls recently in nearby Virginia. They were just roaming her neighborhood. She was trying to help her lil dog and they killed both owner and dog, animal control came and put one of the animals down.

It's pathetic how naive and indifferent people can be about this type of breed or temperament of dog and put their family (i.e. defenseless children) and neighbors at grave risk in the process.

But nice pet pics otherwise.
    among other things. You are the official thread crapper of the day.
    we were. You said his dog was not a pet...

among other things. You are the official thread crapper of the day.
    I could debate you but I have a party to plan and you seem to have a bone to chew. Have a good day!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality.html

http://ncrf2004.tripod.com/id10.htm

http://ncrf2004.tripod.com/id4.html

http://ncrf2004.tripod.com/id9.html

http://ncrf2004.tripod.com/id8.html

"To state that a breed of dog is aggressive is scientifically impossible, statistics do not support such a finding ! (ACF2004)"

some good information for all to make better informed judgments instead of pre-judgements.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast