Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...new legal doctrines are created...i.e. negligent infliction of emotional distress. I think the problem is when something is discretionary like some parts of discovery. That's where attorneys can get into trouble.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Sounds very similiar to Con artists, serial killers, etc...

Not a good argument if you were trying to defend Lawyers.
    Con Artist & Serial Killers!! Are you kidding me? You are comparing apples to oranges, two totally different situations. Con Artist & Serial Killers don't take an oath to defend & keep private all info discussed with their clients (which was written by our fore fathers). One, you need to take a look at our Constitution with regards to all of our rights as a citizen and two, you need to wake up to the REAL WORLD. This system & country is about winning. You're very naive if you don't know this by now!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hence the term 'Zealous Advocate'. There are rules in the legal field and I think its great that attorneys can think outside the box (without breaking the rules) to make their case. This is how many new legal d<
    I Agree!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Con Artist & Serial Killers!! Are you kidding me? You are comparing apples to oranges,
    But the apparent lack of morals seems to be in common. (keep in mind you are the one that said attourney are not judged by morals)
    Con Artist & Serial Killers don't take an oath to defend & keep private all info discussed with their clients (which was written by our fore fathers).
    Again without morals does that even matter (keep in mind you are the one that said attourney are not judged by morals)
    One, you need to take a look at our Constitution with regards to all of our rights as a citizen
    I think our constitution was written by people with at least some morals.
    and two, you need to wake up to the REAL WORLD. This system & country is about winning. You're very naive if you don't know this by now!
    I don't dispute that our system is lacking in morals (more so everyday) it doesn't mean I have to embrace the fact.

I am not against lawyers. My post was more about what it said.

To say thier morals or lack of are not important, is not a good argument if you were trying to defend lawyers. That statement has nothing to do with my comprehension of the world or its legal system.... Does it?
    Last edited by sxtg; 04/02/2005 at 01:03 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12