Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sony proprietary game machine coming out tomm. Pretty impressive...let the opinions begin!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1777149,00.asp
    tomorrow! You bet yer *** I'll be one of the geeks waiting in line for Best Buy to open.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    tomorrow! You bet yer *** I'll be one of the geeks waiting in line for Best Buy to open.
    Lol. Hell yeah! I put a deposit on mine and am waiting for EB to open tomorrow morning to pick mine up. Did you reserve any games/ What games are you looking at picking up with your PSP? I've already picked up Need For Speed Underground. Weird how the games released a week before the system. WHAT A TEASE
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

4.    #4  
    Probably one of the only other gadget that will make my T650 AND my wife jealous!
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Money650
    Lol. Hell yeah! I put a deposit on mine and am waiting for EB to open tomorrow morning to pick mine up. Did you reserve any games/ What games are you looking at picking up with your PSP? I've already picked up Need For Speed Underground. Weird how the games released a week before the system. WHAT A TEASE
    Are you getting a package deal, or just PSP itself? I think I'll pick up that Brotherhood of the Blade game. Oooo...don't we get a free Spiderman movie too??

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Are you getting a package deal, or just PSP itself? I think I'll pick up that Brotherhood of the Blade game. Oooo...don't we get a free Spiderman movie too??
    Yes we do
    C~Money
    ~Treo 600 ~~> Treo 650 (Sprint PCS)
    ~Sony Ericsson HBH-660 & Jabra EarGel
    ~Vaja i-Volution T-65 (Caterina Steel Gray)
    ~Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card
    ~pa1mOne cradle (w/extra battery)

I just purchase the new Playstation Portable and hooked it up to my wireless network at home. I was wondering if It would be possible to use reverse Dun with the Treo 650 to browse as well. Anyone have any suggestions?
    uh, browsing using the psp?
    i think psp does not have bluetooth
    and on the other hand treo 650 does not have wifi

nope
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but I do have both so I will try to answer...

You can't browse the web via the PSP obviously, if u could then u would be able to do it via Wifi also. PSP has no browser installed, I don't see them ever adding one to it either, but u never know I guess. The battery life on the PSP is terrible as is, why add more drain to it?

The PSP uses WIFI only to check sony for updates and for wireless multiplayer. What exactly are you trying to do?
    Here we go with the PSP battery life trolling I just watched the entirety of Spiderman 2 on battery and the UMD and was only down to 70% of battery remaining. To be honest, neither the PSP nor the Treo are exactly 'outstanding' when it comes to battery life - but neither or the 'terrible'.... unless you're just going on popular opinion and have never used one yourself.
    If the 650 has aFANTASTIC SCREEN!

the PSP is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I'm watching the Spiderman 2 UMD. WOW, what a picture!!!!!

Oh and I got Metal Gear Solid and Ape Escape
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 04/01/2005 at 03:46 AM. Reason: swearing

Iam picking one up for my 6 yr old tomorrow! (well my wife thinks it's for my 6yo!!) LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodad
    Iam picking one up for my 6 yr old tomorrow! (well my wife thinks it's for my 6yo!!) LOL
    Yeah...I'm sure he will love it! Of course, you'll have to test all the games out, make sure they're suitable for him (her?)...break the controls in, and do a thorough burn-in. Should take a good few years or so to evaluate this.

i'm curious to hear about loading times, etc, and how the whole umd thing goes down in the marketplace. i might wait for the first price drop since i just bought my 650 unlocked gsm a month ago and taxes this year are brutal. I have to say this has one of the best selection of games at a launch I can remember. Wipeout Pure, Metal Gear, Twisted Metal, Gran Tourismo, eventually Devil May Cry.. pretty impressive. Too bad Nintendo can't get their act together and they've had a product on the market since November.
    Got mine today after class at the AAFES BX for $249 no tax...

• Screen is simply breathtaking
    • No game for $250, wow...I can't believe I still bought it!
    • "Game Sampler that it ships with is actually a video of the games, no playable demos....
    • Hardware is solid and has quite a wow factor
    • 32 meg Mem Stick is only good for save games, but at least they included it.
    • White ipod style headphones don't match the black finish of the PSP....
    • battery is 1800mh

Had to put quite a few miles on the rental car to find Tiger Woods in Spokane, but I finally did just an hour before the store closed...wanted Hot Shots golf, but it is not out yet. Got a case, usb cable, flip lid and game at three differents stores, so I am set now until Hot Shots releases...

Tomorrow I think I will pick up a 512 Mem Stick at the BX, $77 no tax, not too bad...gonna watch SpiderMan 2 tonite after the battery is all charged up.

Did I mention the screen is perfect?

EDIT: Just got done watching the Spiderman 2 UMD that was included. Started with a fresh, fully charged battery which showed 100% and 4:18 mins left. Watched the entire movie with credits until it went back to the menu and my battery was at 61% and 2:15 mins left. Not too bad, but could be better...just thought I'd throw that in...
    Last edited by mattyparanoid; 03/25/2005 at 01:51 AM.
    No keyboard and it would look weird holding it up to my ear. Will it run Space Invaders?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Fellow Treo users, I'm sure some of you already got the PSP (including myself) and I'm curious to know how people are liking it and also what games and accessories people already bought or planning on buying for it.

As for me, I love this thing! The screen looks awesome! I'm glad I didn't get any dead pixels which I've been hearing about from some other users. I wished Sony did what P1 did and provided a 128MB card. Can't really do much with just 32MB . The games I bought are Metal Gear Acid and Underground Rivals. I loved Metal Gear Solid on the PS2 and I thought I'd give the PSP "card" version a try, but I'm not feeling the card gameplay too much. As for Underground Rivals, games is alright, I guess I just gotta get used to the steering.

The accessories I already bought are:
    Pelican's Leather Case - feels like the Piel Frama case for my Treo.
    Pelican's Screen Protectors - anti-glare and protects screen from smudges and scratches
    Pelican's Power Brick - for more power while on the road
    Pelican's AC Adapter - needed one for work

Accessories I'm planning on getting:
    Logitech's PlayGear Pocket - Looks very protective, not bulky as other cases I've seen, you can use the lid as a sun visor when playing outside, and you can use the lid as a stand to watch movies.
    1GB/2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo - To load more movies, music, and photos.
    Logitech's PlayGear Stealth Headset: The one that comes with the PSP is alright, but it could be better.
    Extended Battery - I heard Sony is currently working on a 20 hour extended battery, so I might wait for that. I like to use OEM accessories.

I've been using 3GP Converter and PSP Video 9 to convert my videos to .mp4 and they both work equally great for me. I haven't tried Sony's Image Converter 2 yet, but I'll eventually try it out when I get the chance.

I heard about how someone was able to browse the web with WipeOut Pure, so I'm very anxious to see how this develops.

Alrighty guys, share what you have and what you know!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    LOL! Thanks, miller. For some reason, I didn't think PSP would fall into that category of the forum.
    Thanks to engadget for the instructions here are a few pics from my treo 650 showing the web browser function of the psp. I am still trying to figure this whole thing out, but so far it is VERY cool, and the psp has been out here in the US less than a week. It shows that there is alot of interest in this device. I took the pictures with my treo 650.

Here are some pics, not the greatest quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by soccrnj80; 03/29/2005 at 03:48 PM.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast