View Poll Results: Do you have a living will? or a regular one?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have both a living will and a regular will.

4 18.18%
  • I have a regular will but not a living will

2 9.09%
  • I have a living will but not a regular will

2 9.09%
  • No I have neither, but I plan to get them soon.

9 40.91%
  • I dont really give darn what happens when I die or become a vegetable.

5 22.73%
  1.    #1  
    With all the talk in the news and here about the Terry Schiavo case, I was wondering how many of us were more prepared for that situation than Terry.

Do you have a living will? Will your loved ones know what to do in the event you end up in a pvs(persistive vegatative state)?

Do you have a regular will?

I am in the insurance industry and let me tell you both of these are very important documents. If you dont have them, get them now. You could need either one tomorrow.
    Last edited by Woof; 03/25/2005 at 11:09 AM.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    If I hafta become a vegetable, I just hope it isnt either broccoli or cauliflower
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #3  
    Looks like I accidently checked public poll. Sory folks. Maybe one of the mods can change it if that bothers people.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    My wife and I both have regular wills, although they probably need to be updated. We are in the process of getting living wills and medical powers of attorney drawn up. The Terry Shiavo case is so tragic in and of itself, but the travesty that Congress and the Republicans have made of it is unforgivable. My main concern is that the theocrats in Congress will somehow find a way to override the provisions of our living wills.
    Zane
    I have netiher - but this is a timly topic. Since this whole thing in Florida I have had many converstions w/ frinds concerning this -and we are all under 30
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    If you are a young married couple, spell out who gets custody of you children in case you both die in a car accident,(you know when you've out to dinner and left the kids at home with the sitter). If you have elderly parents, and no really close relatives, you have to make some serious decisions.

Get the will drawn up and over with. You'll feel a lot better once it's done.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'm 23 living in Florida. I have expressly stated to my parents and family wishes. This summer I am going to get both types of wills and med power of attourney drawn up. What Congress has done is wrong, and I don't want anyone fighting to keep me alive if I'm in a PVS, or minimally conscious for that matter. But I really don't have to worry about all that because no republican will argue congress on my behalf.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Living Will and POA Documents as I have a disease that requires surgery where they play with your brain or spinal cord. No Regular Will, I've been a slacker about that but I'm unmarried, no kids and not a lot of assests so it's not a pressing thing for me. (Once I'm dead I don't really care who gets my Treo)
    Pete
  9. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    With all the talk in the news and here about the Terry Schiavo case, I was wondering how many of us were more prepared for that situation than Terry.
    Do you really think you can know beforehand? Maybe it would be better to leave it up to your loved one(s) who might be able to tell, I thought no way would you want to keep a vegetable alive, I wouldn't want to be, but looking at the video, it sure looked like she was conscious. I definitely wouldn't want to be starved/dehydrated to death.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Looks like I accidently checked public poll. Sory folks. Maybe one of the mods can change it if that bothers people.
    That's kind of cool. I didn't know there was such a thing as a public poll.

Anyway... You didn't vote!!! You aren't allowed to do a poll and not vote!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!