Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey, you didn't say "Thank-you" this time. I feel offended.
    BEN
    Oh ya, were you trying to make a joke there?

[Edited by BEN on 09-05-2000 at 11:07 PM]
  2.    #42  
    You sound so intelligent. But you can't even understand that a patent abstract. Is just
    a small view of an entire FOREST. Why don't you review the claims. The claims are
    fact not fiction. The only part of the entire document that can be challenged is the
    claims. So forget the ABSTRACT.

Did I push your button YET.
    Inventor

I read the claims. They refer to an electronic instrument. PDA's are not electronic instruments, they are computers. Electronic instruments may have some of the characteristics of computers, but not all. Computers can mimic the characteristics of electronic instruments with the appropriate hardware and software applications, but they are still computers, not electronic instruments.
    Therefore your patent does not apply to PDA's.
    OK, lets not get into this debate again. Bud, I don't know if you were around for the last debate, but it ended up being over 200 posts about that exact topic.
    BEN
    Once again Bill, you forgot to put the much anticipated thank-you. Maybe your realising that we don't like you.
    Bud:

Save your breath--er--your fingers...you can't debate Warman. Many have tried (myself included) but it is very much like debating your younger brother when you were 10. Or like debating the Knights who say Nik in Monty Python (how's that for an analogy!) Or like debating the merits of birth control with a 75 year old Roman Catholic. Common sense just isn't there.

Granted, I'm probably not using too much common sense by potentially offending 75 year old Roman Catholics, but, on the other hand, it's not like I'm offending my potential customers or anything...

We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
  6.    #46  
    Originally posted by BEN
    OK, lets not get into this debate again. Bud, I don't know if you were around for the last debate, but it ended up being over 200 posts about that exact topic.
    BEN
    Once again Bill, you forgot to put the much anticipated thank-you. Maybe your realising that we don't like you.

Thank You for the kind words.
    Inventor

7.    #47  
    Originally posted by homer
    Bud:

Save your breath--er--your fingers...you can't debate Warman. Many have tried (myself included) but it is very much like debating your younger brother when you were 10. Or like debating the Knights who say Nik in Monty Python (how's that for an analogy!) Or like debating the merits of birth control with a 75 year old Roman Catholic. Common sense just isn't there.

Granted, I'm probably not using too much common sense by potentially offending 75 year old Roman Catholics, but, on the other hand, it's not like I'm offending my potential customers or anything...

You are not a customer. Never was and never will be.
    Nice try go cry in some other chat room.
    You do not like warman, or his patent so take a hike.

Inventor

Originally posted by BEN
    OK, lets not get into this debate again...
    War-man started this thread because he thrives on the abuse. Those of us who enjoyed the now-defunct screen protector marathon already have so very many reasons to dislike him and to never buy his product - this is an opportunity for some of the more recent VC members to become aware of what kind of person he is, and for War-man to tick them off too.

Once he does tick you off (and he will,) don't forget to visit the boycott page at http://www.girlandgeek.com/boycott/Index.htm
    Eschew obfuscation!
    I was hoping that he would explain in more detail the reasons for a patent infringement concerning PDA screen protectors. However, that has not happened. Therefore I can conclude that none exists and will not waste my time with further posts.
    I'm closing this thread because it has once again degenerated into a flame war.

Any new topic postings relating to Warman and his patent will be closed.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123