Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    I dunno... I think we need more crack around here.

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Actually I can. Eating disorder, potassium deficiency, heart stopped beating. Insulting wisecracks, or wisecracks with swears will. I guess wisecracks require more wise than crack to be beneficial. :-)
    Beneficial for who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    I dunno... I think we need more crack around here.
    Joe...we've seen enuff of your **** crack

Well behaved women rarely make history
    Aaaagh! My eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Ya know, I was gonna say "we need more crack -- maybe Claire will step in and share some pics", but decided it would be in poor taste and sexually harrassing What was I thinking!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    I am inclined to agree with PunkAce, I doubt more than 25% of all the protesters were well informed. People hear sensationalized rhetoric and they follow the crowd like lemmings, and this isn't just limited to this particular case, this occurs in most large protests. And another thing that sickened me were the children protesting with their parents, and they weren't even minimally aware of the issues. They just knew they didn't like Greer or Michael. IF these parents thought it was important enough to have their children protest with them, then I feel that those children should be well versed before they get on camera and show their ignorance.
    Good point JFM, I know it sickens me too, to see these kids being indoctrinated with no idea of what they are doing there (how could they? half the parents have no idea either) It's like these people that photocopy these form letters and send it in to the FCC under the guise of protecting the kids??

It's like another entinty that wants so badly to regulate and paturize everything so much to the point that things start to be less interesting because there are no new points of view (however warped they may be), How would eveerything be if everyone thought the same way and everything starts becoming the same?
    Haha that's hilarious...you guys better be carefull that's grounds for being banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Ya know, I was gonna say "we need more crack -- maybe Claire will step in and share some pics", but decided it would be in poor taste and sexually harrassing ....
    Probably better that you followed your instinct...huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Just to add to the discussion from a Catholic's viewpoint, here's my two cents.

A Catholic can NOT commit suicide. It is considered a mortal sin (i.e. a ticket straight to hell). And hell on earth is very minor to an eternity of hell. On the other hand....if her husband has the authority to keep or remove the feeding tube in her, then if he chooses to have the tube removed, that may also be considered a mortal sin (murder).

Now, I wasn't exactly sure if both of these situations would be considered a mortal sin (if given permission to remove a tube by Terry and the removal of the tube by her husband) so I emailed my Deacon (FYI, a deacon in the catholic church is an ordained clergyman one step beneath a father....and my deacon has been teaching physics for over 30 years...a smart apple!) and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

And as a side note, I spoke with my wife and I told her this.....if this ever happened to me, she did not have my permission to pull the tube....but I would hope she would (I wanted to stay away from the suicide situation just to be sure). She would then be committing a mortal sin and I wouldn't....however, since she is still alive, she has the opportunity to be forgiven through the sacrament of reconciliation and I would not of had that luxury (being dead and all). I couldn't imagine forcing my family to support me in that condition....and that's not a life. Have you ever been sick or had surgery and couldn't get up off the couch for a day or two? I have.....that was horrible. She has been in this state for over 15 YEARS!!! I think I would literally (yes literally) go crazy. That's not a life
    Catholicism's point of view on suicide, mercy killing and reconciliation is just ridiculously stupid. Among many of it's other teachings. That's just my point of view as a born and raised Catholic who gave up going to Church about the same time he started thinking about all the crap his high school priests were selling.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl

Yikes! Forget crack. I'll stick to alcohol.
    Uhhh hey Beavis, he said crack...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I think its sad and I dont understand why mike schiavo wouldn't let Terry's parents and siblings be with her when she died.

What was the point of that?
    Last edited by Woof; 04/01/2005 at 01:20 PM.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I think its sad and I dont understand why mike schiavo would let Terry's parents and siblings be with her when she died.

Do you mean why wouldn't he? I heard (granted, on Fox News) that he wouldn't let them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Uhhh hey Beavis, he said crack...
    oh yeah, that was like... pretty cool and stuff heh heh huh huh heh heh
    Anyone see South Park tonight? They hit the whole thing right on the head. Especially when they found out that Kenny's Will said that if he were on a feeding tube that he would just not want the embarrassment of being shown in that state on national TV. Way to go South Park. Another homerun!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    ...he would just not want the embarrassment of being shown in that state on national TV.
    What's wrong with being in Colorado while on TV??
    ya I meant wouldnt
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I think its sad and I dont understand why mike schiavo would let Terry's parents and siblings be with her when she died.

Maybe Michael did love and care for Terry and couldnt stand the idea of someone wanting to be with her when she passed knowing that the same person did not want to honor her wishes? (I know...assuming Terry didnt want to live in a PVS and Michael had no other motives.)
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Maybe Michael did love and care for Terry and couldnt stand the idea of someone wanting to be with her when she passed knowing that the same person did not want to honor her wishes? (I know...assuming Terry didnt want to live in a PVS and Michael had no other motives.)
    Thats weak and pretty selfish too.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Thats weak and pretty selfish too.
    I wouldn't let someone who associated with Randall Terry be in the same room with my cat.