Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 384
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It was only a little over four years ago when Jesse was claiming Jeb helped steal the election.

    Face it, if it's in Jesse's interest, he'll show up...he's been out of the limelight for awhile.
    It isn't just Jesse, though. Pretty much every politician does that (remember, Jeb is also in that picture).
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It isn't just Jesse, though. Pretty much every politician does that (remember, Jeb is also in that picture).
    Oh I agree with that. The difference though is politicians have a job, and unfortunately, that seems to be part of it. Jesse on the other hand does..? Anyone? Bueller?? Anyone???

    He needs to be in the limelight.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #303  
    The Supremes said NO!....for the sixth time.

    See
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. #304  
    Rev. Jackson has a job, a couple of them. Google his name to find out more. Anyways no one had anything to say when Rev. Jackson a few years back got those soldiers out of that jam, when NO ONE ELSE COULD, and the US said they would not stop military action. Funny how quickly forget. Needs to be in the limelight, yeah right. And even though I disagree with his position on this instance, you cannot discount his infulence.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  5. #305  
    I wonder how many hundred or thousand children could have been saved from dying of starvation with all the millions spent in this case in courts, for lawyers, etc.

    Or the money could have been put into the prevention of bulimia and other eating disorders, to make sure what happened to Terri Schiavo does not happen again, or less often at least.

    All the truly pro-life things that could have been done...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  6. #306  
    Notwithstanding the moral or ethical issues surrounding this case, the behaviour of the government of the USA (the fact that it is even involved) is a case of WAG THE DOG and is DISGRACEFUL.

    Unbelievable how Americans allow themselves to be distracted from the REAL issues troubling the world (illegitimate invasion of soverign nations, destruction of our planet etc.)


    It seems that in America you can fool at least 51% of the people ALL of the time.

    Back to the Terry Schiavo case: The only thing keeping her alive is her autonomous nervous system, her cognitive centre (the part that makes her human [or even simply an animal, for that matter]) is DEAD. Any attempts to 'keep her alive' are misdirected and I would even venture to say selfish.

    Let her die with dignity - which brings me to another point:
    Death by starvation is painful and wicked. Why is it OK to use painless and quick lethal drugs to end the lives of vicious rapists and murderers, but a law abiding citizen is not afforded the same opportunity or dignity?

    It seems that we are spending so much time 'doing the right thing' (or at least attempting to be seen to be doing the right thing) that we miss the point completely. Surely what is required is to be as compassionate as possible (screw politically correct - nobody likes politicians), compassion would dictate NOT to let her die by starvation, but rather a quick and painless method, such as a large dose of morphine or other drug.
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlleyCat
    Death by starvation is painful and wicked.
    I don't know about death by starvation, but that is not what will happen to Terri Schiavo's body. What will happen is terminal dehydration, and that is not painful or stressing (apart from the fact that she cannot experience pain or stress anyway, because that requires brain functions that she does not have any more). See here for sources about terminal dehydration.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I wonder how many hundred or thousand children could have been saved from dying of starvation with all the millions spent in this case in courts, for lawyers, etc.

    Or the money could have been put into the prevention of bulimia and other eating disorders, to make sure what happened to Terri Schiavo does not happen again, or less often at least....
    While clulup is generally so off base that it's like he's not even in the game, he happens to be right-on with this statement
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #309  
    Appeared in today's paper

    "March 31, 2005
    WASHINGTON, DC --- Ted Kennedy, who was recently declared brain-dead by his physician, is fighting for his life. The Senator's family is trying to have his feeding tube removed to allow him to die a sober death. The tube, attached to a bottle of vodka and a bottle of gin, has been utilized by the senator for his entire adult life. Medical experts believe removal will almost certainly result in death.


    "This is a very complex situation," said one medical expert. "Senator Kennedy appears to be functioning normally to many people, but it is quite obvious that the man is brain-dead by his public comments. Most of us in the medical community think he should be allowed to have a dignified death by sobering him up and removing his feeding tube."


    Liberals were stuck in a quandary today as they want Terri Schiavo dead, but they don't want Ted Kennedy to die. "This is a moral dilemma to many people," said Commie Greenstein, a liberal living in New York. "Fortunately, most of us don't really make decisions based on any morals, so it's okay if we want one person to die while allowing a brain-dead person to live."


    Alcohol manufacturers around the world are scrambling to raise money for the "Keep Kennedy Alive" fund. Removing his feeding tube is predicted to cause a 12% annual decrease in global alcohol consumption. Some manufacturers risk going out of business as soon as the feeding tube is removed."
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I wonder how many hundred or thousand children could have been saved from dying of starvation with all the millions spent in this case in courts, for lawyers, etc.

    Or the money could have been put into the prevention of bulimia and other eating disorders, to make sure what happened to Terri Schiavo does not happen again, or less often at least.

    All the truly pro-life things that could have been done...
    How right you are. Unfortunately, many people have become more interested in political action, than just plain action. And the amazing things is, it is much easier to demonstrate your belief than it is to make a demonstration about it.
  11. #311  
    Breaking News : Schindlers Again Ordered From Terri's Bedside
    Posted by News Reporter on 2005/3/31 9:08:01 EST
    By Sher Zieve

    As Terri Schiavo appears to be entering her final hours of life, Terri's brother Bobby Schindler advised that Michael Schiavo has again ordered the Schindlers out of the hospice where Terri lays dying.

    Schindler said Michael gave no reason for his actions. Armed police are ensuring that the Schindlers do not reenter Terri's room.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    As Terri Schiavo appears to be entering her final hours of life, Terri's brother Bobby Schindler advised that Michael Schiavo has again ordered the Schindlers out of the hospice where Terri lays dying.

    Schindler said Michael gave no reason for his actions. Armed police are ensuring that the Schindlers do not reenter Terri's room.
    That's a bit extreme. They are her parents. I know that Michael & the Schindlers have had their long, enduring feud over Terri, but now is the time to put it at rest, along with Terri.
  13. #313  
    Terri's Dead

    Terri Schiavo is finally at rest.
  14. #314  
    ...But the nation is not.
  15. #315  
    She has gone up yonder to be with her GOD. I am glad that she is in no more purgatory ie brain dead.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Holding a homemade sign? Protesting for weeks on end? Seems like most protesters (60's antiwar, civil rights, etc) fit that description. People seem too quick to prejudge and deride anyone willing to take a stand today (regardless of the stand they are taking).

    I have no problem with people protesting in what they believe; but to protest to protest? My point, in caes it wasn't obvious enough, was the fact that these people have no idea of how she got there or her background, life, etc. They just blindly got on the church bus after services on Sunday after making their signs and unloaded like a herd of sheep...with regards to the homemade signs, if you look closly they are the same slogans repeated over and over, if these people were so pasionate about this don't you think they could of come up with something on their own, but they don't have an original thought in their head....(just my opinion, please don't ban me oh Exholted One!)
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkAce
    Was the fact that these people have no idea of how she got there or her background, life, etc. They just blindly got on the church bus after services on Sunday after making their signs and unloaded like a herd of sheep
    Asserting that as a fact is a huge leap.

    Quote Originally Posted by punkace
    (just my opinion, please don't ban me oh Exholted One!)
    No need for wise cracks. You know as well as I that unless someone insults, swears or otherwise brings down the level of discourse (not the type), all is well.
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Asserting that as a fact is a huge leap.
    Yes fact. Can you tell me how she got that way? without looking it up on the internet? Ask 10 people down there and none would be able to tell you, and you can't tell me that they are not mobilized as a group (religious or otherwise) they all just decided individually to go down and protest. When the leader of these zealots (yes, zealots) can't even pronounce her name???????? (ehem, fact) doesn't that tell you something about their blind following, when they know nothing about what they are supposed to be so passionate about protesting????

    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    No need for wise cracks. You know as well as I that unless someone insults, swears or otherwise brings down the level of discourse (not the type), all is well.
    Will wisecracks get me banned?
  19. #319  
    I am inclined to agree with PunkAce, I doubt more than 25% of all the protesters were well informed. People hear sensationalized rhetoric and they follow the crowd like lemmings, and this isn't just limited to this particular case, this occurs in most large protests. And another thing that sickened me were the children protesting with their parents, and they weren't even minimally aware of the issues. They just knew they didn't like Greer or Michael. IF these parents thought it was important enough to have their children protest with them, then I feel that those children should be well versed before they get on camera and show their ignorance.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  20. #320  
    Actually I can. Eating disorder, potassium deficiency, heart stopped beating. Insulting wisecracks, or wisecracks with swears will. I guess wisecracks require more wise than crack to be beneficial. :-)

Posting Permissions