Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NRG,

Spin and counterspin, eh?

It is kinda like spam. If people just hit the delete button on spam, then the spam problem would go away. If people just took their brains out of their pockets when seeing talking heads on TV, the talking heads would have to start telling the truth.

But it will never happen.

"If things were different, they just wouldn't be the same."
    Conservative's are better politicians and able to manipulate public opinion through media (talk radio and cable news networks). Frank Luntz is a genius at that. Rove is a genius in slicing and dicing the electorate to get razor thin majorities to win national elections. They are better than Dems in gerrymandering as well, which assures them of continued majorities in the House or Representatives.

As for running the country, each side will see what they like, or dislike, according to their leaning. I see a deficit spending run amuck, ineffective war on terror, and victory of the lobbyists, short term pandering (I'll cut your taxes and bring pork to your district) at the cost of long term fiscal health.
    Last edited by aprasad; 08/02/2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I think it was Tip O'Neal who said, "All politics is local", and I think that saying forms the reality for the next election. I'm going to vote for my local guy depending upon a number of factors - am I a repub or a dem, do I like the local guy, etc. I don't think the election will turn on whether the country "likes" or "dislikes" one party over another, or who should be in control of Congress.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Kick. What a difference a year makes.
    No real difference. It's been over a year and you have yet to make a substantive statement on why the Dems lost power.

Tell me, what were the polls saying this time in 2004? 2002? 2000? Let me tell you how it played out. The media pushed that the Repubs were going to lose seats, etc, etc. All the polls pointed to a shift. Then comes September and the polls start to close. By mid-Octovber the story becomes what a horse race the election is going to be. Then come election night and the real poll is taken. (And I'll state right now that I think that the poll results being taken right now are being skewed in an effort to depress conservatives. The isolation tactic worked well for a long time, but now we have alternative media.)

The R's are down right now because the base is disaffected. That will change when the prospect of Speaker Pelosi and Chairman Rangel is raised.

I'll be in Mosul or Baghdad on election night. I won't be the only one overseas watching those returns.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Looks like the situation for the Repubs is getting a little more bleak.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Nonsense. Heberman's comment above still applies. Nobody is going to vote for a Democrat in California just because of what some Republican in Florida did.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I agree.
    If you look at the issues, the Republicans are on top. If you look at the crap the democrats want you to look at, the Republicans are still on top. If you look at the crap the democrats do not want you to look at, the democrats are crap.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    If you look at the issues, the Republicans are on top. If you look at the crap the democrats want you to look at, the Republicans are still on top. If you look at the crap the democrats do not want you to look at, the democrats are crap.

Ben
    Crap? Isn't that name calling? Moderator, this poster is in need of some serious admonishment. That or a dictionary so that he can look up the word "hypocrisy" - although I am pretty sure he knows what it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Conservative's are better politicians and able to manipulate public opinion through media (talk radio and cable news networks). Frank Luntz is a genius at that. Rove is a genius in slicing and dicing the electorate to get razor thin majorities to win national elections. They are better than Dems in gerrymandering as well, which assures them of continued majorities in the House or Representatives.

As for running the country, each side will see what they like, or dislike, according to their leaning. I see a deficit spending run amuck, ineffective war on terror, and victory of the lobbyists, short term pandering (I'll cut your taxes and bring pork to your district) at the cost of long term fiscal health.
    Sad but true...I don't think the Dems will win either house. The GOP just is too well organized and seem to understand that politics is local much more than the Dems. And as bad as things are now just wait till Nov 8th when they do hang on to control...if you thought they were arrogant in 2004, lookout!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me View Post
    Sad but true...I don't think the Dems will win either house. The GOP just is too well organized and seem to understand that politics is local much more than the Dems. And as bad as things are now just wait till Nov 8th when they do hang on to control...if you thought they were arrogant in 2004, lookout!
    yeah, and look at people like Dean, Gore, or Kerry as the antithesis of arrogance on the other side of the aisle, right?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    yeah, and look at people like Dean, Gore, or Kerry as the antithesis of arrogance on the other side of the aisle, right?
    Not at all - of course they are arrogant. But not to the detriment of thousands who lost their lives over a war that was not necessary.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Not at all - of course they are arrogant. But not to the detriment of thousands who lost their lives over a war that was not necessary.
    so they are a better choice eh? lets replace the republicans with a different set of arrogant politicians? right. great solution. Im sure that will fix everything just perfectly
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I think it was Tip O'Neal who said, "All politics is local", and I think that saying forms the reality for the next election. I'm going to vote for my local guy depending upon a number of factors - am I a repub or a dem, do I like the local guy, etc. I don't think the election will turn on whether the country "likes" or "dislikes" one party over another, or who should be in control of Congress.
    But it did just that in 94, no?
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Nonsense. Heberman's comment above still applies. Nobody is going to vote for a Democrat in California just because of what some Republican in Florida did.
    See above post.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post

Ben
    LOL. You old yelow dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    so they are a better choice eh? lets replace the republicans with a different set of arrogant politicians? right. great solution. Im sure that will fix everything just perfectly
    Boy you boys sure can't see shades of grey can you? Sort of like, "...you're either with us or against us".

I'll ask you to re-read my statement and pay particular attention to the part where I say, "not to the detriment of..." implying that the GOP is more arrogant than the Dems. Tough I know because I didn't spew your native tongue (rhetoric) and say that Dems love the terrorist and Republicans love freedom.

All politicians display varying levels of arrogance. For instance a guy like Chuck Hagel is more humble than arrogant, but he has a swagger about him that may come across as arrogant to some. Al Gore defnitely comes across as arrogant on certain subject matters but has publicly acted humble in various ways to counter this. Whereas a guy like Bush is the very definition of arrogant and really shows little interest in acting any way but arrogant since he percieves arrogance to be a trait of strong leadership - too bad the rest of the planet disagrees.

Oh heck...maybe this will help you out:

ar‧ro‧gant  /ˈærəgənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ar-uh-guhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

Did that explains things or was that too arrogant of me to assume you didn't know?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Boy you boys sure can't see shades of grey can you? Sort of like, "...you're either with us or against us".

I'll ask you to re-read my statement and pay particular attention to the part where I say, "not to the detriment of..." implying that the GOP is more arrogant than the Dems. Tough I know because I didn't spew your native tongue (rhetoric) and say that Dems love the terrorist and Republicans love freedom.

All politicians display varying levels of arrogance. For instance a guy like Chuck Hagel is more humble than arrogant, but he has a swagger about him that may come across as arrogant to some. Al Gore defnitely comes across as arrogant on certain subject matters but has publicly acted humble in various ways to counter this. Whereas a guy like Bush is the very definition of arrogant and really shows little interest in acting any way but arrogant since he percieves arrogance to be a trait of strong leadership - too bad the rest of the planet disagrees.

Oh heck...maybe this will help you out:

ar‧ro‧gant  /ˈærəgənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ar-uh-guhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.

Did that explains things or was that too arrogant of me to assume you didn't know?

ok, lets repeat the issue at hand AGAIN for you, because apparently you require a lot of repetition for anything to get through.

I have been calling for quality candidates without arrogance on either side of the aisle for the upcoming election. i am concerned with candidates going forward, not with the ones who are irrelevant to the election, who you seem to prefer focusing on here. You simply want to inflame, dont you?

looking back over your posts, you seem to closely resemble your above definition of the word arrogant by the way. Do you think that will win over anyone looking to vote for a change free of the same old same old?

thats not only arrogant, hd, thats stupid. (stoo-pid) show IPA pronunciation
    Stupid? Hmmmm....name calling....where have I heard someone sniveling about that before....hmmm....where where where?

I know I am being arrogant - its the only way to deal with you rightwingers.

Sigh....I'm bored with this.

See ya.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Stupid? Hmmmm....name calling....where have I heard someone sniveling about that before....hmmm....where where where?

I know I am being arrogant - its the only way to deal with you rightwingers.

Sigh....I'm bored with this.

See ya.
    Its the only way to deal with us because you know we`ve gotten the better of you.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast