1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I am just wondering why the family of the person, that most "conservatives" look up too, despise Bush so much. Nancy has told George to keep it to himself, Ron Jr. seems to have a chip about Bush, and now this:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dirty Footprints
    by Patti Davis

We have an administration in Washington that cares nothing for this planet, for beauty, for pristine places, for innocent animals with soft brown eyes. Everything is a war to this president, and he is determined to win. (Snip)

I don’t believe this is even about oil; after all, we won’t see any of it for another decade. This is about another victory for the Bush administration. This is about Bush leaving his footprint on yet another corner of the earth and then walking away and not looking back at the damage he has left behind. (Snip)

It’s how he has lived his life—failing to acknowledge the consequences of his actions. From 1979 to 1990, when he was in the Texas oil industry, investors lost millions of dollars after three of his companies went bankrupt—but Bush walked away with a profit and has never even commented on his sloppy business sense. His military record has never been adequately explained. CBS took the hit for shoddy journalism when it raised questions about his Air National Guard service, but Bush continues to deflect inquiries about the real issues. Nor has he ever owned up to the false information about WMDs in Iraq; meanwhile people are dying every day over there. (Snip)

When his last term as president is over, he will walk away from a war that he got us into based on lies, from a gutted environmental policy and possibly from the destruction of a fragile, beautiful place called the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve. We will be left with the damage this administration has caused, with scars on the earth and memories of wildlife that used to roam and fly over vast acres … before they started dying.(More)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7221052/site/newsweek
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering what some of you righties thought.
    I think there are some good points in there but I dont blame the ANWAR vote on Bush, I blame it on the 51 Senators who voted yes. (I only hope the House can stop it from happening.)
    That picture is pretty. I love buffalo burgers!
    Ron JR is a liberal, nothing like his father...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Even Ronny and George Sr. were nothing alike...that's why George Sr. didn't last. But that article is a little harsh. Yeah, he's made some mistakes, as we all have. I find it very hard to believe though that George W. has made it this far without any kind of inquiry on his actions in the past or doesn't suffer from any regrets for his actions on certain issues.
    The bottom line for me is this...we are not going to please everyone. No matter who is in office there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like him/her for one reason or another. We are human, that's life. In my eyes, I despise most democrats, but I think Clinton (despite his personal agenda) did a good job for eight years. If my republican buds knew I said that, I'd be quartered for it.
    I don't know alot about politics, but I know enough to know what I like and don't like.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Nancy and the rest of the family is for stem cell research. Bush isn't. I don't think there's any hatred there. I'm sure Ronald Reagan is looking down on Bush happy and as proud as he can be. But, it's no surprise about Patti and Ron Jr. Nrg, it's common knowledge they have liberal points of views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Nancy and the rest of the family is for stem cell research. Bush isn't. I don't think there's any hatred there. I'm sure Ronald Reagan is looking down on Bush happy and as proud as he can be. But, it's no surprise about Patti and Ron Jr. Nrg, it's common knowledge they have liberal points of views.
    Very true. Patti at one point so despised her father (and his politics) she took her mothers maiden name, hence Patti Davis. I don't think she's as Leftist as once, but definitely Left of GW.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Odd that NRG didnt mention Michael Reagan. He is hardly a Bush hater and yet he is one of Ron's kids. I guess if he's not mentioned he doesnt count.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    May be NRG feels adopted children don't count. Or maybe he feels that wouldn't help his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Odd that NRG didnt mention Michael Reagan. He is hardly a Bush hater and yet he is one of Ron's kids. I guess if he's not mentioned he doesnt count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    May be NRG feels adopted children don't count. Or maybe he feels that wouldn't help his point.
    I thought Mike was from Rons marriage to Jane Wyman. Didnt know he was adopted. Hardly relevant though. I think your second point hits it on the head.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I thought Mike was from Rons marriage to Jane Wyman. Didnt know he was adopted. Hardly relevant though. I think your second point hits it on the head.
    Mike was adopted. Though you are correct, it was with Jane Wyman. (They did have one child of their own, Maureen who died a few years back from cancer)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    ...the destruction of a fragile, beautiful place called the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve. We will be left with the damage this administration has caused, with scars on the earth and memories of wildlife that used to roam and fly over vast acres … before they started dying
    Overblown rhetoric isn't helpful in what is a very important policy discussion. Here is a more balanced view:

http://www.anwr.org/features/conundrum.htm
    Talldog