1.    #1  
    ok, so i went to my boston office today to take care of a few things and the preferred method of travel is train. based on my schedule, the only trains available are acelas. so i get two acela tickets. on the way back the acela is switched with a regional train, so i think no big deal i'm only going to be on it for a half hour anyway... but i think about the people going to new york and jersey... the difference between an acela and a regional ticket that distance is almost 50 dollars... so what
    would you do. i'm calling amtrak and telling them i either want a free ticket or a credit on my card... i'm a frequent traveller and this has never happened to me and it's kind of inexcusable... the train they put you on goes slower and thus will be late to every stop, possibly ruining a day for the business traveller. that and the train doesn't have power outlets that work in every seat... so those laptop users were complaining too...
    i luckily didnt even bother taking out my laptop and i'm using my stowaway bt keyboard with my ipaq 4700, BT DUN to the internet through my treo... i love converged computing... well i'm not so converged right now, but i'm sure as heck less bulky
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Go fer it!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Same thing happened on a trip from DC to New York. Power problem near Philadelphia and we were switched to a regional. Amtrak sent me a $50 voucher which I used for my wife's (out-of-pocket) ticket to join me on my next trip to NYC. Worked out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjandres
    Same thing happened on a trip from DC to New York. Power problem near Philadelphia and we were switched to a regional. Amtrak sent me a $50 voucher which I used for my wife's (out-of-pocket) ticket to join me on my next trip to NYC. Worked out well.
    That sounds like a great deal.
    26th Annual Mooning of Amtrak
    All Day Saturday, July 9, 2005, Laguna Niguel, California

http://www.moonamtrak.org/
    Last edited by clairegrrl; 03/22/2005 at 09:30 PM.