1.    #1  
    They wrote a letter to Vice President **** Cheney and asked him not to fish because fish feel pain.
    letter

Things Peta is against...
    *meat AND dairy
    *no aquariums
    *no circuses
    *no hunting
    *no fishing
    *no fur or leather (no footballs, baseballs, basketballs, soccerballs...)
    *no medical research using animals
    *no seeing-eye dogs

Peta supports the largest domestic terrorist group ELF.

Whacko!
    respect for the environment and humane treatment of animals are wonderful things to promote!

but PETA and ELF are whacko.
    I've long said PETA neeeds to create an offsheoot group for heir "whack" stuff and keep a main branch for their reasonable stuff. Gives you whacko right wingers too much of a lightening rod sinle name otherwise. Kind of like the NRA for the knee-jerk lefties.
    This was only a few miles from my house.

Of special note from the article linked:
    The ELF claimed via an e-mail sent Friday that North American members have caused more than $100 million in damage since 1997.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I've long said PETA neeeds to create an offsheoot group for heir "whack" stuff and keep a main branch for their reasonable stuff. Gives you whacko right wingers too much of a lightening rod sinle name otherwise. Kind of like the NRA for the knee-jerk lefties.
    Yet another example of your bigotry.

EMBRACE IT, DA! CLAIM YOUR HATE!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    This is a great pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

HUH? Didn't you just post a thread about bigotry only to respond with the same kind of bigotry against those of a different political persuasion?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    no no its only bigotry when it comes from the right. Lefties can say anything.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I've always found PETA to be a rather extremist organization. Far too rigid for my moderate viewpoints.
    sure, but they're not in the same class as ELF. while a few events here and there could paint them as 'radical', they do not blow things up and endanger people. actions I've heard of (destroying SUVs) in ELF's name seem a lot more extreme than picketing KFC or holding anti-fur rallies.
  12.    #12  
    They share a lot of the same goals.

Peta has contributed $$$ to Elf, which they in turn have killed and destroyed property. Peta is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by atnight
    sure, but they're not in the same class as ELF. while a few events here and there could paint them as 'radical', they do not blow things up and endanger people. actions I've heard of (destroying SUVs) in ELF's name seem a lot more extreme than picketing KFC or holding anti-fur rallies.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I always thought PETA stood for 'People Eating Tasty Animals'!

Seriously though, seeing Eye dogs worship their owners and raise the quality of life for a blind person to a much higher level. It would be cruel to tak this away from a person who already has to live without their sight.

PETA doesn't like furs, but how many of their members go to work in Sub Zero temperatures dressed in suits or skirts (like many Canadians...) they'd find there is no substitute for Mink fur in keeping you warm at those temps. And Minks?? Ever meet one in the wild? They are evil little creatures that will bite the heck out of you! That said, it is one thing to wear fur and eat meat and totally another to abuse, mistreat or torment creatures... which I don't advocate... even for Minks.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Peta is evil.
    I agree....any organization that would value an animal's life over a human's life has lost touch with reality.

Now, I do not agree in abusing animals (like the KFC thing where they were beating up the chickens and spitten tobacco in their mouths, which is just wrong), but these animals are a renewable resource... many are grown specifically for food.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I always thought PETA stood for 'People Eating Tasty Animals'!

You saw the movie...now get the T-Shirt
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Anyone see Penn & Tellers Bull**** episode on Peta?

Apparently they have a freezer that they keep the animals they kill. Also, they have a VP that takes insulan, which was tested on animals (and peta is against all animal testing). but her taking it is okay becasue she is no doing good for these animals.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl

You saw the movie...now get the T-Shirt

Claire,

I have gotta say, you have an amazing talent for coming up with some of the most amazing topic-specific pictures.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Claire,

I have gotta say, you have an amazing talent for coming up with some of the most amazing topic-specific pictures.
    she is amazing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUH? Didn't you just post a thread about bigotry only to respond with the same kind of bigotry against those of a different political persuasion?
    Geez peeps, I thought I was being even handed with that as I did include "knee-jerk lefties"!?!?!