Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    Twelve examples of an ethically challenged republican!

    http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=430
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Twelve examples of an ethically challenged republican!

    http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=430

    Pot calling the kettle black?!

    Democrat's are known for being ethical?!

    Of course this is totally biased...but so is your link. And what about Clinton's scandel? Mr. Jackson or Sharpton? Ethics are just "oosing" out of those guys right?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Twelve examples of an ethically challenged republican!

    http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=430
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more moronic dribble.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Pot calling the kettle black?!

    Democrat's are known for being ethical?!

    Of course this is totally biased...but so is your link. And what about Clinton's scandel? Mr. Jackson or Sharpton? Ethics are just "oosing" out of those guys right?
    It's wrong no matter who does it, don't you think? or is it ok for Delay? maybe changing the rules when republicans do it is ok????
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    It's wrong no matter who does it, don't you think? or is it ok for Delay? maybe changing the rules when republicans do it is ok????
    So where you trying to demonstrate how politicians are being unethical or Republicans? I kinda assumed from your post that you were taking a shot a Republicans (which you were). Unless you want to post some of the unethical things that your party does as well?
  6. #6  
    As far as I can tell the difference in the two websites is the Anti Delay website lists twelve things HE DID.
    The Anti-Dem website listed a bunch of things "Kerry Supporters" did.

    Not condoning or supporting the behaviour of Kerry or Bush supporters that went arwy, but I have to argue that the Delay website lists things that he supposedly did.
    Thus the more on topic website for this particular discussion should be the debate on the Delay Allegations. If we wanna talk about Dem Supporters slashing tires or the 5000 Democratic voter registrations in Wisc, or the 5000 Republican registrations in the South Side of Tallahassee, a Democratic stronghold, we should start another post.

    I am interested in informed opinions with facts disputing the DeLay allegations.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  7. #7  
    The Republicans promote themselves as the bastion of morality. They carried the 2004 election on "moral values". They are now acting as if the only thing that matters is the fact that they have a stranglehold on the legislative and executive branches. Their "moral values" seemed to have disappeared as soon as the election was over.
    Zane
  8.    #8  
    from http://www.pcactionfund.org/withoutdelay/facts/

    Without DeLay:
    Clean Up Congress Now

    10 reasons why Tom DeLay should resign from Congress

    1. Tom DeLay violates ethics rules at will ? he has received four ethics violations -- and is a national embarrassment.

    2. Tom DeLay embodies the worst of pay-to-play politics - puts big donors like Enron ahead of the rest of us.

    3. Tom DeLay abuses his position as House Majority Leader to trample on the legislative process.

    4. Tom DeLay accepted travel expenses from a registered foreign agent, in apparent violation of House rules.

    5. Tom DeLay used illegal corporate contributions to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of Texas voters with his anti-democratic re-districting scheme.

    6. Tom DeLay uses tax dollars and government resources for partisan political gain.

    7. Tom DeLay opposes any reasonable campaign finance laws, even disclosure of donations.

    8. Tom DeLay shakes down small business owners for campaign contributions.

    9. Tom DeLay received all expenses-paid junket from a lobbyist accused of bilking tens of millions of dollars from six Native American tribes.

    10. Tom DeLay believes he is above the law.



    details at:

    http://www.pcactionfund.org/withoutdelay/facts/
  9. #9  
    If Delay quits or is removed, who's next?
  10. #10  
    Nudist isn't listing Delay's greatest offense...that is KICKING THE DOG SNOT out of the Texas congressional delegation.

    Nudist, did you have this outrage when Clinton and his cronies were selling access to the oval office to the Red Chinese? Google "W-88 warhead" and see what you get.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Nudist isn't listing Delay's greatest offense...that is KICKING THE DOG SNOT out of the Texas congressional delegation.

    Nudist, did you have this outrage when Clinton and his cronies were selling access to the oval office to the Red Chinese? Google "W-88 warhead" and see what you get.
    Were you outraged at Clinton? yes or no?
    Are you outraged about Delay? yes or no?

    I wonder if you think your point about Clinton gives a free pass to Delay? Should he remain or go? Should he be indicted?
  12. #12  
    I note your classic non-response.

    Yes, I was outraged at Clinton.

    Yes, I will be outraged at Delay when he is 1) indicted and 2) convicted. I note that you haven't mentioned the Texas prosecutor that is pushing a lot of this BS has a long history or spurious investigations against politicians, particularly Republicans, that he doesn't like.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I note your classic non-response.

    Yes, I was outraged at Clinton.

    Yes, I will be outraged at Delay when he is 1) indicted and 2) convicted. I note that you haven't mentioned the Texas prosecutor that is pushing a lot of this BS has a long history or spurious investigations against politicians, particularly Republicans, that he doesn't like.
    The story I saw said he had hit more democrats. and they were not spurious.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    The story I saw said he had hit more democrats. and they were not spurious.
    Really? How many convictions has he won in court?

    "A District Attorney can indict a ham sandwich". How many times did we hear that and the "Starr Chamber" joke during the Clinton impeachment?

    And Nudist, how about what Sandy Berger did in an effort to cover up the Clinton administration's weakness in preventing terrorist attacks?

    And I'm still waiting for your take on the fact that the DNC and the Clinton administration were wholly owned subsidiaries of the People's Republic of China. Nuclear. Weapons. Technology. Stolen/sold/given away on your boy's watch.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Really? How many convictions has he won in court?

    "A District Attorney can indict a ham sandwich". How many times did we hear that and the "Starr Chamber" joke during the Clinton impeachment?

    And Nudist, how about what Sandy Berger did in an effort to cover up the Clinton administration's weakness in preventing terrorist attacks?

    And I'm still waiting for your take on the fact that the DNC and the Clinton administration were wholly owned subsidiaries of the People's Republic of China. Nuclear. Weapons. Technology. Stolen/sold/given away on your boy's watch.
    Check the thread topic.. it is about Delay, which you avoid. I assume you are using all the Clinton BS to say that what Delay is doing is fine.

    Just admit that you think Delay is a fine upstanding representative of your parties ethics. then go start a Clinton-bashing thread. Deflecting the topic is not discussing the issue- Tom Delay.

    Bringing up Clinton as your only defense to criticism of your party's failures is getting pretty lame. Clinton is no longer president... get over it.
  16. #16  
    1911,
    Here is a quote on the warhead that you mention, from the republican policy committee of the US senate:

    Although China's acquisition of information on the warhead is believed to have occurred in the mid-1980's, the espionage was not detected until 1995, when American experts analyzing Chinese nuclear test results found similarities to the W-88.

    http://www.senate.gov/~rpc/releases/1999/df031299.htm

    so it seems that the warhead info was lost on Bush's dad's watch not Clinton's, this according to republican documents.

    As I was looking at that, I also found something else, which is pertinent to the discussion of contributing to proliferation of weapons around the world.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true

    here is a quote from this article:

    "The administrations of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush authorized the sale to Iraq of numerous items that had both military and civilian applications, including poisonous chemicals and deadly biological viruses, such as anthrax and bubonic plague"

    so it seems that one could make a case that Bush senior and Reagan may have allowed more proliferation of weapons that threatened us, compared to Clinton. At least it is a subject that is open to debate.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Check the thread topic.. it is about Delay, which you avoid. I assume you are using all the Clinton BS to say that what Delay is doing is fine.

    Just admit that you think Delay is a fine upstanding representative of your parties ethics. then go start a Clinton-bashing thread. Deflecting the topic is not discussing the issue- Tom Delay.

    Bringing up Clinton as your only defense to criticism of your party's failures is getting pretty lame. Clinton is no longer president... get over it.
    You are right. This was a hijack of the thread.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    Check the thread topic.. it is about Delay, which you avoid. I assume you are using all the Clinton BS to say that what Delay is doing is fine.

    Just admit that you think Delay is a fine upstanding representative of your parties ethics. then go start a Clinton-bashing thread. Deflecting the topic is not discussing the issue- Tom Delay.

    Bringing up Clinton as your only defense to criticism of your party's failures is getting pretty lame. Clinton is no longer president... get over it.

    Doesnt change the fact that you never bash anyone but republicans.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Doesnt change the fact that you never bash anyone but republicans.
    not entirely true- I can't stand Zell Miller or Joe Lieberman. and a few other spineless, chickens__t democrats.

    I think you need to realize that I am not "president of the democrat fan club", its just that you guys are SO MUCH WORSE I can help but criticize you. why should I waste time on democrats? you guys handle it so well.

    you sure don't hold bush or your own party accountable for ANYTHING!

    you can't bring yourselves to admit what a corrupt sleaze Delay is.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    not entirely true- I can't stand Zell Miller or Joe Lieberman. and a few other spineless, chickens__t democrats.

    I think you need to realize that I am not "president of the democrat fan club", its just that you guys are SO MUCH WORSE I can help but criticize you. why should I waste time on democrats? you guys handle it so well.

    you sure don't hold bush or your own party accountable for ANYTHING!

    you can't bring yourselves to admit what a corrupt sleaze Delay is.
    Yes I think it is true. Please show us a post where you have trashed any non republicans.

    I can admit what a corrupt sleaze Ted Kennedy is. Does that count for anything?
    Last edited by Woof; 03/16/2005 at 05:35 PM. Reason: changed dems to repubs, typo
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions