Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    not entirely true- I can't stand Zell Miller or Joe Lieberman. and a few other spineless, chickens__t democrats.

I think you need to realize that I am not "president of the democrat fan club", its just that you guys are SO MUCH WORSE I can help but criticize you. why should I waste time on democrats? you guys handle it so well.

you sure don't hold bush or your own party accountable for ANYTHING!

you can't bring yourselves to admit what a corrupt sleaze Delay is.
    Joe Lieberman is a class act guy. I wish more polititians acted like him, (Right and Left.) At any rate Zell Miller and Lieberman are trying to save your Party from the Far Left. If more people thought of Joe Lieberman rather than Michael Moore when they think of the Democrat Party you would be better off.

Since the above quote wasn't directed at me, I'll refrain from defending myself against not holding my party accountable for anything.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    not entirely true- I can't stand Zell Miller or Joe Lieberman. and a few other spineless, chickens__t democrats.

I think you need to realize that I am not "president of the democrat fan club", its just that you guys are SO MUCH WORSE I can help but criticize you. why should I waste time on democrats? you guys handle it so well.

you sure don't hold bush or your own party accountable for ANYTHING!

you can't bring yourselves to admit what a corrupt sleaze Delay is.
    Move to Texas and vote against him...so far, his constitutants keep re-electing him. Remember that part of how we do those things in this country. We use Diebold equipment to make sure we can keep em in office.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Joe Lieberman is a class act guy. I wish more polititians acted like him, (Right and Left.) At any rate Zell Miller and Lieberman are trying to save your Party from the Far Left. If more people thought of Joe Lieberman rather than Michael Moore when they think of the Democrat Party you would be better off.

Since the above quote wasn't directed at me, I'll refrain from defending myself against not holding my party accountable for anything.
    January 20, 1961, when President John F. Kennedy declared in his inaugural address:

“The same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe, the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
    Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.”

To bad fat Ted, the Senate swim team coach, forgot the words of his brother. Certainly isnt the party of JFK anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200411180003

Here's your link. Earle hardly seems to be overtly partisan. Face it, DeLay appears to be way unethical.
    How. Many. Convictions.

Oh, and by the way, just because he's gone after a few Democrats doesn't mean he isn't politically motivated. Party players have been known to eat their own.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    How. Many. Convictions.

Oh, and by the way, just because he's gone after a few Democrats doesn't mean he isn't politically motivated. Party players have been known to eat their own.
    I think the number of convictions is 12-3.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    i think 1911 has blown his case and should fold the tent.

claiming he is partisan even tho he goes after both sides is ludicrous. Lets see ken starr go after and CONVICT a republican! (and I don't mean ancient history..)
    NANCY PELOSI - MINORITY WHIP IS MUCH MORE FUN !

Wow!! I may have to switch sides!!!!

nothing like girls with whips and PVC to get me going!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Wow!! I may have to switch sides!!!!

nothing like girls with whips and PVC to get me going!
    Must be a California thing
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    i think 1911 has blown his case and should fold the tent.

claiming he is partisan even tho he goes after both sides is ludicrous. Lets see ken starr go after and CONVICT a republican! (and I don't mean ancient history..)
    Not even both sides fairly. I think we could claim Earle is a "DINO". If we are going to follow 1911's logic.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Claire how many hours per day do you spend scouring the "internets" looking for images?
    Claire how many hours per day do you spend scouring the "internets" looking for images?
    Hehehe... Google is your friend!

14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It does work quite well. Google that is, so without further ado back to topic I present:

Just to be fair, I bring you Katherine Harris

A whole lot less then nudeboy does looking for his "facts"
    12 cases brought, 3 convictions?

12-3=9?
    "...the El Paso Times reported: "Earle says local prosecution is fundamental and points out that 11 of the 15 politicians he has prosecuted over the years were Democrats."

How. Many. Convictions? Or were these just witch hunts in order to damage political opponents during election season? "Congressmen Schmuck is running for re-election while under investigation for..."

"Ronald Earle, a former member of the Texas House of Representatives, former presiding judge of the Austin Municipal Court, and former chief counsel of the Texas Judicial Council, was elected district attorney of Travis County in 1976. Re-elected four times without opposition, he is currently serving his sixth four-year term."

OK, the Republicans took control of the Texas legislature (YEEE HAAA!) in 2002. So, in 29 years he prosecuted 11 Democrats. In less than 3 years, he has prosecuted 4 Republicans.

Remember when Earle went after Kay Baily Hutchinson? From the DFW paper:

"...in 1993, after hutchison won her senate seat in a special election, earle investigated allegations she misused state employees and equipment and destroyed state documents while serving as the texas treasurer.

hutchison was acquitted when earle abruptly dropped the case in 1994. earle said then that he gave up the case because the trial judge would not rule in advance whether prosecutors could use as evidence documents and other material obtained in a controversial raid on state treasury offices.

"what he did to me was unconscionable. i think the purpose was to get me out of the senate race so that they (democrats) could keep the seat," hutchison said."

"Controversial raid"? Interesting. Sounds like a real storm trooper for justice, this guy.

I've got no doubt that this Boss Hog gone after Democrats that ran afoul of his agenda or partners. Hardball politics and all that. That doesn't mean he isn't working an agenda now.

The bottom line is that you guys are getting the dog snot kicked out of you all over the country. Drilling in ANWR! Mr. Bolton headed to the UN! Paul Wolfowtiz to head the World Bank! You are gonna MELT DOWN when Scalia become the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court!
    Quote Originally Posted by freudov23
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200411180003

Here's your link. Earle hardly seems to be overtly partisan. Face it, DeLay appears to be way unethical.
    12 democrats, 4 republicans (including TD), that does not sound like an extreme partisan to me.

1911 could I see the link for that El Paso newspaper?

Thanks
    His motivations may not be entirely partisan. As I said, some of those D's may have run afoul of his plans or buddies. (Or, God forbid, they were actually dirty.)

I'm going to have to dig a bit for that link to the EP paper. I think I Googled earle kay bailey hutchinson and came up with that document. Which, come to think of it, I cut and pasted from a lefty blog I ran across discussing what a great guy Earle is.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast