Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From The Courier-Journal, Loiusville, Ky:

"You might think that if President Bush and his team were forced to choose between protecting the American people from terrorists and heeding the National Rifle Association, the administration would come down on the public's side.
    [snip -KR http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...ON01/503090412 ]

Information some people might like to know
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 03/14/2005 at 09:54 AM.
    zzzzzzz
    yawn
    what...? Did somebody say something?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    wake me when it's over
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    wake me when it's over
    finally you get it! just ignore me and go to sleep. we'll all get along fine.
    ...so, any thoughts on who'll win this years NCAA Final Four??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What does it take to get on a federal watch list? Just a single bureaucrat stamping 'yes' on a list of suspects.

I am all for keeping guns out of terrorist hands, however, how do you stop the 'wrong' person from ending up on the list and then having their rights taken away?

There is a balance there and I agree with the decision (plus terrorists who want guns probably won't buy them in a gun store). My .02
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

we could always open a terrorists only gun store. That would simplify things.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I agree with T2, I wouldn't want my rights taken away.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    that it is no different than the "No-Fly List". I am all for lengthy background checks and denying shady people guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    that it is no different than the "No-Fly List". I am all for lengthy background checks and denying shady people guns.
    Well what about the "No Flies Left Behind" program

The fruit flies in this exhibit show just a few of the mutations that occur in natural fruit fly populations.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/exhibit...ant_flies.html
    HUH? First of all, a terrorist of criminal doesn't need to go to a "store" to get a gun. They can get it off the street easily enough totally bypassing gun laws making the whole issue moot...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUH? First of all, a terrorist of criminal doesn't need to go to a "store" to get a gun. They can get it off the street easily enough totally bypassing gun laws making the whole issue moot...
    "In fact, according to a new study by the Government Accountability Office, officials approved 47 of 58 applications from terror suspects to purchase or carry guns during a nine-month period last year."

why did they get applications, to go to a street dealer? How moot!

Yellowstone & Jackson Hole Wyoming Fly Fishing Equipment, Gear, Tackle, Guides & more!

http://www.flyfishingjacksonhole.com/
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Well what about the "No Flies Left Behind" program
    Claire what are you saying?
    summing things up here,

you have the right to bear arms and the right to arm bears.....

whatever the hell ya wanna do.
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    "In fact, according to a new study by the Government Accountability Office, officials approved 47 of 58 applications from terror suspects to purchase or carry guns during a nine-month period last year."

why did they get applications, to go to a street dealer? How moot!
    You're talking about denying citizens or legal resident aliens a Constitutional right based upon governmental suspicion. Are there any other rights you'd like to see put under prior restraint?

I also note that nine of these applications were denied. Also, I am sure that our intelligence agencies gather useful information from these applications. The GAO may regret making this information public, as it will drive terrorists to the private firearms market.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast