Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I'm thinking about selling my 5" plain-Jane model and upgrading to one of those....did you get it with the laser grips? How's the kick on the lighter weight model?
    Haven't shot it yet...take delivery on Thursday, I think. I anticipate a bit more recoil, but nothing that isn't easily handled.

DO NOT get the laser grips! Except for very special people in very special situations lasers are more of a hindrance than a help. Just one more thing to rely on that might not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Dude this isn't cowboys and indians anymore. Times have changed, people dont go around having duels and shooting each other in the streets -- everyone having guns would lead to that kind of crap.. F-you you took my parking space bam bam bam. You looked at my wife funny, kablow...

I dont want every fuucking wacko out there to have the ability to walk into a Walmart and leave 5 minutes later with 16 glocks.
    33 states now have "Shall Issue" concealed carry laws. MILLIONS of Americans are carrying pistols with them every day...yet the scenario you outline has very rarely occured. Law abiding citizens tend to act in a...law abiding fashion. Imagine that.

At the same time, those millions of armed citizens HAVE had an impact on violent crime. And, occasionally, they intervene and save a life. (Read up on the Tyler Texas shooting from a couple of weeks ago.)

Have you ever fired a gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    DO NOT get the laser grips! Except for very special people in very special situations lasers are more of a hindrance than a help. Just one more thing to rely on that might not work.
    I've read discussions about the laser being more of a deterrant than anything else (i.e. the BG would be more likely to do as asked when a red dot is on their chest....kinda drives the point home a bit more). I'm not in the position to buy anything any time soon, even with selling my current one...so it's not a concern now anyways.
    And, occasionally, they intervene and save a life. (Read up on the Tyler Texas shooting from a couple of weeks ago.)
    Change occasionally to "on extremely rare occasions" and I'll agree.. :P

Yes, relevance?
    33 states now have "Shall Issue" concealed carry laws. MILLIONS of Americans are carrying pistols with them every day...yet the scenario you outline has very rarely occured. Law abiding citizens tend to act in a...law abiding fashion. Imagine that.

At the same time, those millions of armed citizens HAVE had an impact on violent crime. And, occasionally, they intervene and save a life. (Read up on the Tyler Texas shooting from a couple of weeks ago.)

Along those lines, in my CCW course, a statistic was shown that people with CCW permits have an EXTREMELY low occurance of violent crimes....and I believe less than 1% of the people that have the CCW permit ever have it revoked. And the vast majority for that was because of alcohol (there is a no tolerance view on alcohol for a CCW in NC. So if you have a 0.001% Blood-Alcohol content while carrying, you get your license revoked).
    Well, not really that "rare"...

Texas CCW man saves life...

Yes, there was a madman with an AK-47. But someone that wanted to do this kind of damage would have gotten the weapon even if there were additional bans. The hero (the Texan) saved a kids life and probably several others because he caused the assaulter to concentrate on him.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN Article
    The other victim, Mark Alan Wilson, 52, was credited by authorities with saving the life of David Hernandez Arroyo Jr., who was listed in fair condition at a hospital with leg wounds. A sheriff's deputy, Sherman Dollison, 28, was in critical condition after being shot in the liver, lungs and legs; a sheriff's lieutenant and a Tyler police detective were treated and released.

"One of the deputies at the scene said if it hadn't been for Mr. Wilson," said Sheriff J.B. Smith, "the son would be dead."
    I've read discussions about the laser being more of a deterrant than anything else (i.e. the BG would be more likely to do as asked when a red dot is on their chest....kinda drives the point home a bit more). I'm not in the position to buy anything any time soon, even with selling my current one...so it's not a concern now anyways.
    They aren't going to be looking at their chest to see a red dot. That is gun rag marketing BS.

Take the money you would have spent on the laser and buy more ammunition and a Surefire Executive E2E light.

Much more often than you would think. I know you believe your eyeballs will burn out, but to go the NRA page and read the "Armed Citizens" column.

Yes, relevance?
    It is relevant in that you seem to exude the characteristics of the classic hopolophobe.
    Along those lines, in my CCW course, a statistic was shown that people with CCW permits have an EXTREMELY low occurance of violent crimes....and I believe less than 1% of the people that have the CCW permit ever have it revoked. And the vast majority for that was because of alcohol (there is a no tolerance view on alcohol for a CCW in NC. So if you have a 0.001% Blood-Alcohol content while carrying, you get your license revoked).
    Exactly.. People who have to go out of the way and follow the processes, procedures, etc. to get a carry permit are the responsible, dedicated ones.

If we did away with permits and the whole process, and just gave them out to everyone (yay 2nd amendment) any nut could get one and carry it around.
    It is relevant in that you seem to exude the characteristics of the classic hopolophobe.
    Well I guess your theory is off.
    Exactly.. People who have to go out of the way and follow the processes, procedures, etc. to get a carry permit are the responsible, dedicated ones.

If we did away with permits and the whole process, and just gave them out to everyone (yay 2nd amendment) any nut could get one and carry it around.
    And who is saying that we should do away with permits etc?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

There are hundreds of millions of guns in this country. Anyone CAN get a gun. All gun control policies do is erect obstacles to law abiding citizens, increase the price AND insert government into a "mother may I" role.
    There are hundreds of millions of guns in this country. Anyone CAN get a gun. All gun control policies do is erect obstacles to law abiding citizens, increase the price AND insert government into a "mother may I" role.
    So you think it's a good idea to re-arm convicted felons?

<"blah blah blah they'll just get them illegally">

Ok, selling cigarettes to kids under 18 is illegal right? Should we get rid of that law too because "kids will find a way to get them anyway".
    I hope this happens someday......

http://www.projectsafeneighborhoods....asp?section=13

Do You Belong to One of These Groups?

If you fit into one of these categories, you are prohibited from possessing any kind of gun or ammunition:

* Convicted felons (convicted at state or federal level)
    * Fugitives from justice (interstate flight to avoid prosecution or testimony)
    * Drug users or addicts
    * Aliens in the U.S. illegally or on temporary status
    * Mental defectives or persons committed to mental institutions
    * People who have formally given up their U.S. citizenship
    * People who have been dishonorably discharged from the armed services
    * People involved in committing domestic violence
    * Anyone subject to a court order (protective order) forbidding him or her from stalking, harassing, or threatening an intimate partner or that partner’s child
    * Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor crime involving violence or a threat with a deadly weapon if the convicted person was the victim’s
    current or former spouse, live-in boyfriend or girlfriend, parent, or guardian.

cmon how can you disagree with this
    You're right. And I should let the police search my home and car whenever they ask. What have I got to hide, anyway? Ditto with tapping my phone. Big Brother knows best, right?

Obviously I don't belong in any of those categories...so why should I put up with the hassle and intrusion? I'm excercising a right, right?

My big problem with the current "Insta-check" system is that it amounts to a registration scheme. Data isn't collected without a reason...confiscation almost inevitably follows. (NYC is a prime example of this during the Dinkins regieme.)

#'s 8 and 9 of the above stem from the Lautenberg Amendment. Are you familiar with Ex Post Facto laws? Guys that were in a shoving contest 30 years ago get a door knock from the police, who then demand their firearms. The mere allegation of a threat in a divorce case is enough to see someone lose their guns.

I really think it is funny that you're all up in arms (no pun intended) over the Patriot Act but you couldn't care less about Liberty's Linch Pin.
    The "Do You Belong...." part was quoted from the article -- I wasn't asking you. I'm sure you aren't but how do I the gun seller know without running some sort of record check? Ok, we have to give a bit on the 2nd, but isn't it worth it for something like this?

Well, I'm about bored with this. Good relatively civil discussion tho 1911.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123