Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    "In fact, according to a new study by the Government Accountability Office, officials approved 47 of 58 applications from terror suspects to purchase or carry guns during a nine-month period last year."

why did they get applications, to go to a street dealer? How moot!
    You really think most criminals go to a gun dealer to buy a weapon? Don't be a fool... er...to late for that huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Don't be a fool... er...to late for that huh?
    Might as well ask the tide not to come in or the sun not to rise.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Might as well ask the tide not to come in or the sun not to rise.

Low Tide

No Sunrise for weeks
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4.    #24  
    You really think most criminals go to a gun dealer to buy a weapon? Don't be a fool... er...to late for that huh?
    Please explain their applications. I didn't mention "most criminals". It was about terrorist suspects. nice try. Put words in someone's mouth and say they are a fool for saying it.
    Please explain their applications. I didn't mention "most criminals". It was about terrorist suspects. nice try. Put words in someone's mouth and say they are a fool for saying it.
    But wait...if they're just "suspects", how can we deny them their constituional right to keep and bear arms? Are you supporting prior restraint...an abrogation of due process?

Are there any other areas you'd like to see this applied...perhaps to speech or assembly?
    HUH? First of all, a terrorist of criminal doesn't need to go to a "store" to get a gun. They can get it off the street easily enough totally bypassing gun laws making the whole issue moot...
    Good logic.. "Drug abusers can get Valium on the streets, why require a prescription in the pharmacy?"
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    But wait...if they're just "suspects", how can we deny them their constituional right to keep and bear arms? Are you supporting prior restraint...an abrogation of due process?

Are there any other areas you'd like to see this applied...perhaps to speech or assembly?
    Does the Partriot Act deny any due process in the interest of fighting terrorists? Maybe its ok to deny all the bill of rights except that precious 2nd one.

Parrots have been used to fight terrorists since 9/11. The Parrot Act has been useful in ensuring that there are enough parrots available for duty.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Does the Partriot Act deny any due process in the interest of fighting terrorists? Maybe its ok to deny all the bill of rights except that precious 2nd one.
    Good attitude! So you should be just as upset as I am that these guys were denied their firearms.
    Guess ya missed what he was pointing out 1911.

With a name like "US Patriot Act" you gotta support it or you're un-American Nudist! Don't you know that? Cya in Guantanamo
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Guess ya missed what he was pointing out 1911.

With a name like "US Patriot Act" you gotta support it or you're un-American Nudist! Don't you know that? Cya in Guantanamo
    No. I caught what he was pointing out. Jose Padilla, etc.

What you didn't catch was that 2nd Amendment rights have been eroding in this country for decades. Somehow I doubt that him, or you, noticed that since it wasn't your ox that was being gored.

By the way, those guys in Gitmo? Yeah, those guys? Many of them were captured bearing arms against American forces. Do you think that grants them Constitutional status?
    By the way, those guys in Gitmo? Yeah, those guys? Many of them were captured bearing arms against American forces. Do you think that grants them Constitutional status?
    And the guys who are still being held on suspicion w/o any good evidence?

What has eroded as far as the 2nd amendment? Come on.. Almost anyone can get a gun legally - and those that cant should not have them. Sure there are some hoops we have to jump thru but it's in the interest of our safety. Should any wacko walking out of prision be able to pick up a 9mm from the local gun shack?
    [QUOTE=Joebar]And the guys who are still being held on suspicion w/o any good evidence?

you know what kind of evidence they have? please enlighten those of us who don't know...
    And the guys who are still being held on suspicion w/o any good evidence?

What has eroded as far as the 2nd amendment? Come on.. Almost anyone can get a gun legally - and those that cant should not have them. Sure there are some hoops we have to jump thru but it's in the interest of our safety. Should any wacko walking out of prision be able to pick up a 9mm from the local gun shack?
    Can you refer to who is being held without "good" evidence?

Your understanding of rights amuses me. "Sure there are some hoops we have to jump thru but it's in the interest of our safety." Try this one...if you have to ask permission, it isn't a right. And it is an outright laugh that you don't trust the government with keeping Taliban fighters under lock and key, but you will bow and scrape in front of that same government in order to obtain the means of effective self-defense.

As far as erosion of the rights, well, try to buy a handgun in Washington DC, or Chicago, Ill. Of why can't I as a resident of Virginia buy a pistol in Michigan, if I should happen to find a good deal. (By the way, I am VERY impressed with the new Smith and Wesson 1911PDs. Anyone on the market for a .45 caliber bullet projector would be well served to give this pistol a look.)
    Hmmmm....Amendment II of the Constituion:
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed
    hmmm....from California DOJ Firearms Division
    Effective January 1, 2005, any person who lawfully possesses a .50 BMG rifle prior to January 1, 2005, is required to do one of the following by April 30, 2006:

* Complete and submit a .50 BMG Rifle Registration Application form along with $25.00 to the Department of Justice. Any number of .50 BMG rifles can be registered for the $25.00 fee provided they are submitted at the same time on the same day. Note: In addition to complete rifles, only fully functional serialized receivers may be legally registered. .50 BMG Rifle Registration Application forms can be obtained from licensed California firearms dealers, and the California Department of Justice Firearms Division at (916) 263-4887.

* Make arrangements with your local police or sheriff's office to relinquish your .50 BMG Rifle. CALL FIRST. DO NOT GO TO THE POLICE OR SHERIFF'S OFFICE WITHOUT FIRST MAKING ARRANGEMENTS.
    or

* Remove the .50 BMG rifle from the state.

Please be aware that failure to comply with these requirements could result in criminal prosecution (Penal Code Section 12280).
    Of course if I wanted to buy one now, I'm S.O.L.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Dude this isn't cowboys and indians anymore. Times have changed, people dont go around having duels and shooting each other in the streets -- everyone having guns would lead to that kind of crap.. F-you you took my parking space bam bam bam. You looked at my wife funny, kablow...

I dont want every fuucking wacko out there to have the ability to walk into a Walmart and leave 5 minutes later with 16 glocks.
    Last edited by Joebar; 03/15/2005 at 12:29 PM.
    Dude this isn't cowboys and indians anymore.
    No. But it's still America...at least that's what I thought.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So again, what nudist was pointing out ------- All the Repubs are up in arms if the precious 2nd amendment gets touched, but none of them have any problems with the USA Patriot Act and how it eliminates due process, search warrants, etc... Because it's oooooooooh "patriotic" and ahhhhhhhhh "anti-terrorist" -- how can you disagree with it!!?
    So again, what nudist was pointing out ------- All the Repubs are up in arms if the precious 2nd amendment gets touched, but none of them have any problems with the USA Patriot Act and how it eliminates due process, search warrants, etc... Because it's oooooooooh "patriotic" and ahhhhhhhhh "anti-terrorist" -- how can you disagree with it!!?
    Who said that? Not me.

(By the way, I am VERY impressed with the new Smith and Wesson 1911PDs. Anyone on the market for a .45 caliber bullet projector would be well served to give this pistol a look.)
    I'm thinking about selling my 5" plain-Jane model and upgrading to one of those....did you get it with the laser grips? How's the kick on the lighter weight model?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast