Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    THE 1964 CIVIL RIGHTS ACT Wow, are democrats racist?
    Like most of you, I grew up believing that it was the Democrat party who were the champions of the civil rights movement of the 1960’s. At one point, a friend of mine told me that just the opposite was true.

Not satisfied simply taking his word for it, I decided to look it up for myself. I obtained the following data from Congressional Quarterly Almanac, the only true and accurate record of all activities in Congress. Records are meticulously kept for each year and copies can be found in every main branch of the public library in most major U.S. cities. Each year’s edition is the size of a New York City phone book and contains all of the years congressional activity including all votes, motions and speeches made during an entire session of Congress. In the case of civil rights legislation, the evidence is more than clear. Due to so much Democrat opposition,

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 would not have passed without the 80% of Republicans who supported it.

Here are the highlights from HR 7152, The Civil Rights Act of 1964:

The Vote

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    DEMOCRATS: REPUBLICANS:
    235 Members 175 Members
    Yes - 145 - 62% Yes - 137 - 78%
    No - 90 - 34% No - 38 - 22%

SENATE
    DEMOCRATS: REPUBLICANS:
    65 Members 35 Members
    Yes -42 - 66% Yes - 28 - 80%
    No - 23 - 34% No - 7 - 20%

Notable Votes:
    *Sen. Al Gore Sr. ( D-TN. )- No
    Sen. Robert Byrd ( D-W.Va. ) - No
    **Rep. Bob Dole ( R-KA ) -Yes
    *-Yes, that is the father of Al Gore, the loser of the 2000 Presidential Election.
    **-Yes, that’s the same Bob Dole that Bill Clinton attempted to paint as a racist in the 1996 Presidential Election.
    John Kennedy opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957

(and what's better, Shadowmites ROM #3 or ROM #5?)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    John Kennedy opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957

(and what's better, Shadowmites ROM #3 or ROM #5?)
    Insertion, should I get Agendus? Or do you recommend something else?

Jesse Jackson = speaker at the 2000 Democrat Convention. Jackson has a history of using anti-Semitic slurs and derogatorily calling New York City “Hymietown.” Jackson, a prominent self proclaimed "civil rights leader," is himself guilty of the same bigotry he dishonestly purports to oppose. source
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt = Japanese Internment Camps in WW II source - my brain
    Well at east other people knew where they were. Rumsfeld just scoops you up off the street, puts a bag over your head, and you wake up in Saudi Arabia with an elictrical wire wrapped around your testicles.
    Insertion, should I get Agendus? Or do you recommend something else?
    Well ATM. I love Agendus. People say it's a bit buggy, but I think they're just full of Bull Connor...
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/09/2005 at 03:54 PM.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Well at east other people knew where they were. Rumsfeld just scoops you up off the street, puts a bag over your head, and you wake up in Saudi Arabia with an elictrical wire wrapped around your testicles.
    Rumsfeld does this? Wow. What's he driving so I know to be on the lookout!!

I guess seeing where you'll be locked up is better??

btw, I recommend FileZ, as a great FREE file explorer for your Treo.

7.    #27  
    Anyone, can you recommend a SD card?

He does? Wow, let me know if Rumsfield is in my neighborhood. I thought he lived in DC?

How bout this one...

Senator Robert Byrd, 3 years after he quit KKK... "I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state. The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." ..."It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union" source
  8.    #28  
    Is he also the one who cuts off your head after he rapes you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Are you calling me a NUDIST?
    I would never call you a Nudist.

It was just implied, that's all.

For arguments sake, I'll whip out the infamous "Link please".
    Last edited by jmill72x; 03/09/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Yes the party of Lincoln (Republicans) was the party of Black America until Martin Luther King (and others) were arrested for attempting to have lunch at an all white cafeteria. Fearing for his safety Jackie Robinson, a Republican and newspaper columnist at the time, met with vice presidential candidate Nixon to ask him to intercede in the King issue. Nixon refused and with that, the Republicans kept the South but lost the Black vote in America.
    oh, if it were really that simple
  11.    #31  
    If it weren't for republicans, blacks wouldn't be allowed to vote.
    If it weren't for republicans, blacks wouldn't be allowed to vote.
    nice....with backup documentation too
  13.    #33  
    Gotta provide proof here in OT. To post here, you throw out as many posts as possible and see if any stick and provide a link. I learned from the best!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    nice....with backup documentation too
    ATM you have too much anger. Is your whole life coming here and dissing "liberals"? You even have the avatar and had the sig to go with it. That's way too much time to dedicate.
  15.    #35  
    Insertion, what's your favorite ring tone?

With Dan Rather retiring tonight, uh I mean taking on a different line of work - he's a racist too. He likes to use the phrase "buckwheat". You think he might be a democrat also?
  16.    #36  
    Joe, I've got no anger. I do like to have fun though and enjoy your pointless comments as well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    ATM you have too much anger. Is your whole life coming here and dissing "liberals"? You even have the avatar and had the sig to go with it. That's way too much time to dedicate.
    ...and you wake up in Saudi Arabia with an elictrical wire wrapped around your testicles.
    Not me
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Not me
    True. But the rest of us are in grave danger.
    Insertion, what's your favorite ring tone?

With Dan Rather retiring tonight, uh I mean taking on a different line of work - he's a racist too. He likes to use the phrase "buckwheat". You think he might be a democrat also?
    Hmmm...dunno. Having problems with mp3 ringtone managers. LightWav is buggy, Ringo isn't quite right...

Oh and it was Richard Nixon who adopted the Philadelphia Plan, mandating quotas for blacks in unions, and in colleges and universities. What? Affirmative Action by a Republican???

Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Not me
    Prove it!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast