Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    HA! You're okay for a pinko commie! (just kidding about the pinko commie part.)

Well, unless you have a specific incident, in general a person should do what he wants in regards to renting or selling his or her property. If he only wants to sell or rent his property to Whites, Blacks, Gay...let him.
    Gotta disagree with that one. However, there is an exception for renting a room in your home.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Gotta disagree with that one. However, there is an exception for renting a room in your home.
    That's fine. I have no problem with you disagreeing. Difference of opinions, thats all.

I just feel the Government hasn't any right telling a person who he can hire, or sell his goods to. (Government employment or housing would be an exception of course.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    By youir logic then I can choose to discriminate against a particular religious choice.
    don't get your reply but
    You can discriminate against what ever you want. If the world were green and asexual there would still be people who hate thick vs thin eye hairline. My point is you may live with whomever you want. And you can share in the rights of that relationship. But you do not have the right to call it marriage.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    So if I'm a, oh I don't know, say a cafeteria owner, I can put out a sign which says "Blacks Only"?

Stop using the Black thing it is not the same! It is a behavior not a race.
    How sad, when will people learn that marriage is not about man and woman, its about a couple declaring their love for each other (-_-)'.
    It seems to me that this argument comes down to two things:

A person is born GAY.
    or
    A person chooses to be GAY.

Which do you believe?

My belief is that a person is born GAY. I know too many people that from the age of 2 or 3 yrs. old you could already tell they were GAY. How many of you have know kids that you grew up with were different from the rest? I don't think at such a young age they can choose something like that nor would they want to, they are born that way. So, they should be able to marry whomever (man or women) they fall in love with and get all the legal benefits of marriage. After all, this all comes down to legalities aka $$$!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711

Do you have links to back up the idea that being gay is a choice of lifestyle? Do you suppose it is a learned behavior?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalenvy
    Do you have links to back up the idea that being gay is a choice of lifestyle?
    Yeah, since being gay is so popular and people aren't frowned upon or ridiculed or killed for being gay, everyone who's gay is obviously going out of their way to "choose" that lifestyle.

hmm being a straight white male is providing too much security and opportunities for me. I think I'll become gay and black next week.
    Being gay is hardly a choice. What sensible person would chose to put themselves in the way of so much crap?

But more importantly, if it is a choice, like many anti-gay folks seem to think, when are we supposed to have made that choice? I dont remember asking myself what I like better, boys or girls and deciding on girls. And with most choices people make, arent there tests to see which option is better?
    Like buying a car. You test drive different models and pick one. Are we to assume everyone tested both models and then picked? I know I didnt. I didnt even test drive any girls before I knew I wanted one.

The choice theory is ridiculous IMO.

Doesnt mean I think we should redefine marriage though.
    There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
    Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Very well, replace that with christians only.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl

Just good 'ole Log Cabin Republicans
    Why yes, I do believe I see Jeff Guckert/Gannon back there.
    Oopps sorry...I was just informed they're registered d's
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Oopps sorry...I was just informed they're registered d's
    You're so classy Claire.
    You're so classy Claire.
    Gosh...thanx
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I didnt even test drive any girls before I knew I wanted one.
    ROFLMAO! So do you like the model you picked?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345