Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    So if I'm a, oh I don't know, say a cafeteria owner, I can put out a sign which says "Blacks Only"?
    If that's your preference. I think, (unless you're in the deepest parts of Alabama,) the market will take care of these things. You're only harming your bottom line if you choose to do that. But it is a private business.

I'm assuming that if you think this is wrong, you think women should be allowed in the YMCA (and vice versa?) OR that we should not have boy/girl scouts, rather just Scouts? How about schools that are male or female only? Do away with that? Why do we have mens/womens rest rooms?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hey what's up folks? How is is it going in here? We can sum this up real easily without the need for any further rhetoric. It is real simple, if you agree with the statement below say "I":

"Do you support equal rights?"
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If that's your preference. I think, (unless you're in the deepest parts of Alabama,) the market will take care of these things. You're only harming your bottom line if you choose to do that. But it is a private business.

I'm assuming that if you think this is wrong, you think women should be allowed in the YMCA (and vice versa?) OR that we should not have boy/girl scouts, rather just Scouts? How about schools that are male or female only? Do away with that? Why do we have mens/womens rest rooms?
    Men and women are allowed in each others YM/WCAs .

Thank you for pointing out that there is a need for gov't to step in and protect the rights of the non-majority.
    Men and women are allowed in each others YM/WCAs .

Thank you for pointing out that there is a need for gov't to step in and protect the rights of the non-majority.
    And where did I point this need out?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Wow, racism is truly everywhere. Even the great northwest.
    cmon that's childish......
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more moronic dribble.
    You seem to be reading the dribble...........
    Actually, there are rights and privileges denied gay couples. I'll summarize the arguement for you. Marriage is a contract between two people which provides certain rights, (check your tax form) and it's being denied to a significant portion of the population.
    uh, define significant
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    uh, define significant
    Look at your tax form.
    Look at your tax form.
    That's not what he asked though. You said:
    Marriage is a contract between two people which provides certain rights, (check your tax form) and it's being denied to a significant portion of the population.

10.    #70  
    That's not what he asked though. You said:
    Rughly 10% plus.
    Do you believe that stat? I've heard it as few as 2-3%, perhaps 5%. Still (and I'm not argueing one way or the other on the issue), is that considered significant?

Also, where in my earlier post, did i "point out that there is a need for gov't to step in and protect the rights of the non-majority"? Just wondering how/where you got that from.

12.    #72  
    Do you believe that stat? I've heard it as few as 2-3%, perhaps 5%. Still (and I'm not argueing one way or the other on the issue), is that considered significant?

Also, where in my earlier post, did i "point out that there is a need for gov't to step in and protect the rights of the non-majority"? Just wondering how/where you got that from.
    Yes, that is significant.

You would allow for public businesses to discriminate based on race assuming natural market forces would make sure everyone is treated equally. Cripes, that's scary.
    Actually 10% (if thats accurate) isn't significant. And since we are a democratic republic, where majority rules, They are even less significant. But of course everyone who is a minority should have special rights to make them equal with the majority, thus negating the majority. If we then negate the majority we are saying our form of govt is wrong and the minority doesnt have to play by its rules. Thats what you want I guess.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Yes, that is significant.

You would allow for public businesses to discriminate based on race assuming natural market forces would make sure everyone is treated equally. Cripes, that's scary.
    What's more scary is Government forced thought control. If a business wants to discriminate, let them. Word will get out. Most people will boycott that establishment. Would you go into a place like that? I doubt it. What makes you think that a significant amount of other people would not have the same opinion as you on this?

Should the 37th degree High Exalted Imperial Poobah of the Knights Of The I Hate Your People who owns a restaurant not be allowed to have that sign? So what? You make him remove it, so now all of the sudden the people he despises are going to flock to his establishment because the sign is gone?
    Last edited by Insertion; 03/15/2005 at 02:27 PM. Reason: beecuz I kant speel amount corektlie

15.    #75  
    You just go right ahead and apply that to housing etc. Given history within the past 80 years i think you can see the error in applying your philosophy to the extent you're suggesting.
    Elaborate please.

17.    #77  
    Elaborate please.
    Just use that deity given imagination of yours.
    Hehehe...if I'm Agnostic, who gave me my imagination???

19.    #79  
    Hehehe...if I'm Agnostic, who gave me my imagination???
    It is impossible for you to prove where your imagination came from.
    It is impossible for you to prove where your imagination came from.
    HA! You're okay for a pinko commie! (just kidding about the pinko commie part.)

Well, unless you have a specific incident, in general a person should do what he wants in regards to renting or selling his or her property. If he only wants to sell or rent his property to Whites, Blacks, Gay...let him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast