Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, that's called being a bigot.
    Pot calling the kettle black.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    hmm from the way you worded this statement, it appears that these are your feelings as well?

Do I win?
    I didnt get that at all. Thats a statement of fact and doesnt indicate one way or another what 1911's position is on the subject.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Well now I guess yu can go to CA to get married. You dont have to wait for Washington after all. How nice for you.
    Lower (Superior) court ruling...it'll go to the State Supreme Court, I'm sure.

And as posted by daT:

A pair of bills pending before the California Legislature would put a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage on the November ballot. If California voters approve such an amendment, as those in 13 other states did last year, that would put the issue out of the control of lawmakers and the courts.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Regardless, discrimination can't be voted for.
    I would hope you feel the same on Affirmative Action bills.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh come on Insertion you know thats not the same thing
    — Ed Howdershelt
    I didnt get that at all. Thats a statement of fact and doesnt indicate one way or another what 1911's position is on the subject.
    guess ya missed it.... another black kettle lol

and please cite the article that shows this as fact?

"In fact, the majority of voters in a lot of Blue states have that opinion."
    Last edited by Joebar; 03/14/2005 at 06:33 PM.
    This is a quote from the California Judge -- makes sense no?

"The state's protracted denial of equal protection cannot be justified simply because such constitutional violation has become traditional"
    guess ya missed it.... another black kettle lol

and please cite the article that shows this as fact?

"In fact, the majority of voters in a lot of Blue states have that opinion."
    In the 2004 election, numerous states has "anti-gay marriage" laws up for a vote.

They passed in every state...including some very Blue ones.

And I don't know what prize you win, but I don't think homosexual relationships deserve government or religious sanction. But that's just me. And the millions of people that vote like me.
    If you voted against it last November, it does not make you a racist, biggot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    In the 2004 election, numerous states has "anti-gay marriage" laws up for a vote.

And I don't know what prize you win, but I don't think homosexual relationships deserve government or religious sanction. But that's just me. And the millions of people that vote like me.
    I found your wording interesting...

Instead of saying ......lots of people find homosexuality wrong and that it doesn't deserve recognition..... you chose to call it a disgusting behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    If you voted against it last November, it does not make you a racist, biggot, etc.
    notice the <wink><wink>.. riiiiiiiight
    Edited for your reading pleasure...
    I found your wording interesting...

Instead of saying ......lots of people find homosexuality wrong and that it doesn't deserve recognition..... you chose to call it a disgusting behavior.

I'm glad you found it interesting! I also note that you haven't staked much of a claim on this position. Where do you stand?
    Interesting, the first post was a great example of prejudicial behavior.
    Hey Joe are you gay?
    Doesnt matter if you are but it has been my experience that those that are the biggest proponents of gay rights are either liberal politicians or gays themselves. Most regular hetero folks don't seem to really care. Sure there are the extreme religious right that are against it, but they arent mainstream. Of course they are portayed as such by the media, I think to garner support for their cause.

I personally dont see why anyone should have rights based on their sexual orientation/preference. Beyond that it's a case of majority rules. Homosexuals are a tiny minority, so why should they get special rights? Are gays going to be added to Affirmative Action next? Pretty soon companies will have to hire a certain amount of gays to stay within govt guidelines? Where does it end? I'll tell you. When the majority has less rights than the minority.

What's next, hair color rights?

For the record I don't care what someone sexual orientation is. That in itself is no issue for me. I'm just tired of hearing about it.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    I don't care if Joe or Shady are gay, it doesn't bother me. I don't agree with either one of them in this forum, I'm certain it's not b/c they are or are not gay. I am not gay, but I do go in and out of my closet almost every day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I don't care if Joe or Shady are gay, it doesn't bother me. I don't agree with either one of them in this forum, I'm certain it's not b/c they are or are not gay. I am not gay, but I do go in and out of my closet almost every day!
    LOL. I dont care either. Just asking to help explain their position on this issue. Other than that I couldn't care less.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Yea, that's called being a bigot.
    no, that's called an opinion - just like yours.
    Hey Joe are you gay?
    Doesnt matter if you are but it has been my experience that those that are the biggest proponents of gay rights are either liberal politicians or gays themselves. Most regular hetero folks don't seem to really care. Sure there are the extreme religious right that are against it, but they arent mainstream. Of course they are portayed as such by the media, I think to garner support for their cause.
    Interesting, I wonder how you feel about the Jewish Holocaust of WWII? So by the same thought process, If I am appalled at the events does that mean that I must be Jewish or a liberal politician?

I personally dont see why anyone should have rights based on their sexual orientation/preference.
    By your statement, they should be restrickted of the "rights" to be legally married? Because you dont see why?
    This is called discrimination (dictionary.com:"unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice"). Your statement alone is prejudice, but good thing you dont stop there.

Beyond that it's a case of majority rules. Homosexuals are a tiny minority, so why should they get special rights? Are gays going to be added to Affirmative Action next?
    Are you even familiar with term: Affirmation Action? Well since you like definitions so much i'll paste it for you:
    dictionary.com: "A policy or a program that seeks to redress past discrimination through active measures to ensure equal opportunity, as in education and employment."
    wikipedia.org:"Affirmative action (US English), or positive discrimination (British English), is a policy or a program providing advantages for people of a minority group who are seen to have traditionally been discriminated against. This consists of preferential access to education, employment, health care, or social welfare."

Pretty soon companies will have to hire a certain amount of gays to stay within govt guidelines? Where does it end? I'll tell you. When the majority has less rights than the minority.
    Maybe so, maybe it's because of prejudicial comments like yours that these movements are fueled.

What's next, hair color rights?

For the record I don't care what someone sexual orientation is. That in itself is no issue for me. I'm just tired of hearing about it.
    So tired that you think they should not have rights? That's very comforting [insert sarcasm here]
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Abso-****ing-lutely!!!!!
  20.    #40  

Guess you miss the point where religions are not allowed to impose their views on the people. Check Jefferson on that!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast